Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2007   #61
Deej
Special Someone

Deej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished road
Okay..

This has just got me so excited..

I can't wait for this game.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #62
waggy44
Woop Woop

waggy44 is an unknown quantity at this point
do you think this is where the ability to climb telegraph poles comes in.
you get the cops attention in one are so you shoot up a telegraph pole (making sure no witness' spot u doing so) and the cops come to the area, look around for a bit, realise your not there and walk away radioing HQ saying nothing found. then you smuggly climb down the telegraph pole and carry on with your business.

waggy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #63
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggy44
you get the cops attention in one are so you shoot up a telegraph pole (making sure no witness' spot u doing so) and the cops come to the area, look around for a bit, realise your not there and walk away radioing HQ saying nothing found. then you smuggly climb down the telegraph pole and carry on with your business.
I've seen a lot of people thinking the same thing. But now, please, go to your nearest street, and just look around a little bit. Wouldn't you see a man on top of one of them? I know I would. Maybe I wouldn't if it was dark and the light is not working, but in clear day light, you can't stay "invisible" up there. You would just be a lot more vulnerable to the police or any one else for that matter. Just my oppinion.

The police system seems totally radical from this preview, and so do the other features. The internet in the game, wow, that's just awesome. If they have that, then they might even include one thing i added to my wishlist when I saw the Darkness game - working TVs.
Old 07-10-2007   #64
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by waggy44
According to the magazine, your will immediately be positioned into the middle of a search circle, once you get Police attention.
If the pole belongs the area of the circle, chances are high that Cops will try to shoot you down from it.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #65
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp
Yeah, that goes with what I said earlier in the thread, I'm guessing that there'll be much more emphasis on stealth than in past games. This whole "field of vision" business seems to be like a much more intense version of Metal Gear Solid's searching system.

I wonder if they'll have police hounds or some sort of meter that will indicate how hidden you are? In Bully, the prefects had a field of vision, and you could hide in lockers and trashcans and closets as well.

you know, i was wondering what older R* game would be used for a test for new features, and i wouldnt have suspected bully....actually i would have but that makes sense

I believe that R* actually makes smaller games to test new features for bigger games, just to clairify for people
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #66
RyanEmerica13
The Dude, dude

RyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished roadRyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfett21
you know, i was wondering what older R* game would be used for a test for new features, and i wouldnt have suspected bully....actually i would have but that makes sense

I believe that R* actually makes smaller games to test new features for bigger games, just to clairify for people
You probably ruined R* secret lol.
Old 07-10-2007   #67
waggy44
Woop Woop

waggy44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
According to the magazine, your will immediately be positioned into the middle of a search circle, once you get Police attention.
If the pole belongs the area of the circle, chances are high that Cops will try to shoot you down from it.
but it also states that if the cops cant see you they cant do anything.
but ye i have come to realise its not likely a good evasion tactic.

waggy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #68
blood

blood is an unknown quantity at this point
omg i can't wait for this game. thanks for the scans
blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #69
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
Perhaps the storyline was progressed well enough and $2000 wasn't a matter to Niko at that stage.
Is there any volume of info coming out , on what Niko's wardrobe will be like ? if so , we will have another big thread to ponder on * Niko's pimped out threads * forum, hehe
Old 07-10-2007   #70
sbart
Newbie Member

sbart is an unknown quantity at this point
wow that looks amazing
sbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #71
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG
Is there any volume of info coming out , on what Niko's wardrobe will be like ? if so , we will have another big thread to ponder on * Niko's pimped out threads * forum, hehe
Well I have seen two different outfits in the screens so far and those are the clothes he wears in the first trailer and the second trailer which is probably going to be the "Casual" outfit if they took a Liberty City Stories approach on the outfits and the other one I saw was in a magazine scan that had a screen of Niko in what looks to be a tracksuit.

There is also the artwork of Niko in what appears to be a bank of some sort too..
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #72
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
This may seem off topic, but several of your screens have been deleted by Imageshack. Try hosting with Photobucket.

But those screens really are amazing. When I saw the Empire State Building in it's "night costume" I got real excited. =]

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #73
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Thanks, I can now see page 2 and 4 were removed due to high bandwidth usage. No wonder, they have been clicked a lot in these 2 days.
For now, I am quoting Static's post. Hope those doesn't get removed as well.

Old 07-11-2007   #74
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
why not just host them on a server or from this site? Seem's like a waste since the pictures are going to get the high bandwidth usage error or something else
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #75
Asif
Moderator =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
why not just host them on a server or from this site? Seem's like a waste since the pictures are going to get the high bandwidth usage error or something else
Well, I could do that long ago if I had the access on GTAG ftp server. :p