Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007   #46
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Great read. Really impressive about an in-game internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
This 'rags to better rags' doesn't work. You can just make the money out of the storyline involving taxis (if they let us drive people around)
There may be something that if you get too rich certain missions may not be availiable or may be different (maybe you kill the mission giver and take their stuff). Also like Comrade Voyager said, maybe you'll be forced to spend money at certain points. Remeber the whole format of the game will be different so if R*North say "rags to slightly better rags" then they must know what their talking about.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #47
Shredaded
Newbie Member

Shredaded is an unknown quantity at this point
Niko already looks better than he did in Trailer 2
Shredaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #48
numba1kkilla_oj
"u kno what a hassa is"
Amateur Member

numba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished roadnumba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished road
man these are the things that get me heaps more excited

the internet in-game
the wanted level system
how to lose your wanted level
the police search for u within a search radius
taxi rides

but the one thing we dont need is its harder to steal cars now, i think i liked it better before how u can just hop in and drive away but i'll have to wait and see i might like the way they've done it and the search area thing is probably like scarface, maybe they're taking a few ideas from scarface

Last edited by numba1kkilla_oj; 07-09-2007 at 10:58 PM..
numba1kkilla_oj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #49
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
By the way...
A new SWAT van? (picked from the 3rd page)

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #50
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Looks like a Boxville version of a SWAT van, which is what they use in real life I believe.

Ok, I've read all the summaries now. WOW. This is the most detailed and most exciting preview I've read yet. Amazing stuff, absolutely life like. Internet in game!

Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #51
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Yeah, I was thinking of Boxville, too.

It was quite useless before San Andreas. SA had it burglary missions, now in IV may be for the Vigilante missions.

Old 07-09-2007   #52
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Hopefully, it will be faster this time around. I found the Boxville to be slow in San Andreas imo
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #53
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
And stronger, hopefully. As they use them as riot control and well... everything that demands a vehicle that isn't quite a tank in real life

That model will probably be called the SWAT Van or Intruder or something, and the Boxville may still exist as a normal vehicle.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #54
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
And stronger, hopefully. As they use them as riot control and well... everything that demands a vehicle that isn't quite a tank in real life

That model will probably be called the SWAT Van or Intruder or something, and the Boxville may still exist as a normal vehicle.
I think there was an early screenshot that had a vehicle in the background that looked a lot like the Boxville, I will try to find it later. I think some people thought it was a Mr.Whoopee too..

Edit: Here is the screenshot:

That looks something like a Boxville imo.

Last edited by swallowed; 07-10-2007 at 12:07 AM..
Old 07-10-2007   #55
Asif
Moderator =)

You meant this one? Yeah, looks to be a normal Boxville.

Old 07-10-2007   #56
swallowed

Yeah, sorry for the size of the pic and the quality.
Old 07-10-2007   #57
Gamaya

Gamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the roughGamaya is a jewel in the rough
On a scale of one to ten in terms of just how fantastic that looks... I give it 10, no doubt.

*drooools...*
Gamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #58
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
scan 9 got me excited...

i wonder if you can swim in these waterways though...

and the that one of city life is BUSY.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #59
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
well at least we know that going full-frontal in this game is not the way to go. thank god. Looks like rockstar is delivering a very real feeling game, with all the horrors that crime produces.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #60
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, that goes with what I said earlier in the thread, I'm guessing that there'll be much more emphasis on stealth than in past games. This whole "field of vision" business seems to be like a much more intense version of Metal Gear Solid's searching system.

I wonder if they'll have police hounds or some sort of meter that will indicate how hidden you are? In Bully, the prefects had a field of vision, and you could hide in lockers and trashcans and closets as well.