Old 08-20-2007   #61
x_orange90_x
WildBlue Sucks!
Newbie Member

x_orange90_x is an unknown quantity at this point
i do wonder if that term is being used loosely, "unreleased products"? ...like referring to the game in general or a possible PC version. and what kind of technical support don't know how to spell "CENTER"?!
x_orange90_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #62
manodemidas

manodemidas is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that if R* doesn't release a PC version of GTAIV they will lose a lot of fans, especially in countries where Next-Gen Consoles aren't so affordable and where most of the people prefer PCs, since they're cheaper. Argentina is one of those countries, so I really hope they make it
Old 08-24-2007   #63
drg0nzo1
Newbie Member

drg0nzo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_orange90_x
well my theory goes 50/50. i can see them wanting to gain more profit, but still, i see a side of them not making it for PC. the point being, they have been threatened already for just releasing the game on Xbox, let alone a PC version. i would strongly like to believe they will find it in their greedy little hearts to make a PC version, but they would be sued up the ass for it. im not saying they wouldn't take the risk, but they had numerous law suits over San Andreas and the Hot Coffee incident. legally, it's in their best interest to stay away from the PC, but like i said, they might be risk-takers. its still 50/50, so i think any "sure and of course they will" should be kept on the hush, as there is no way of telling what will happen. i do believe if they did it would be a Vista Only game with DX10, because by 2008 Vista will thrive and XP will sadly fail as did happen with 98 when XP came out.

What are you talking about?

Microsoft and Sony control everything that is released for their consoles. Remember the whole thing over Manhunt 2? It was ONLY going to be released on PC if it kept the AO rating, because MS and Sony do not allow AO rated games on their consoles. If it can come out on a console, theres not going to be an issue with it coming out on PC. And who's going to sue them?

Legally its the easiest to just release it on PC and not bother with consoles.

It will come out on PC, GTA started as PC franchise and it has always made them money. A business, yes a game company is a business, only has one goal. To sell a product.

Vista will only make its sales bundled with new systems like its doing now, and fewer and fewer people are buying whole systems, especially gamers. For the next few years, the only company stupid enough to release Vista only games is going to be Microsoft.
drg0nzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #64
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
They might make it sooner or later for PC, but the problem they should realize is warez. Out of all the games, the GTA's are always available for downloading through torrents or upload sites. If they make it for PC, they should put some protection on it.
Old 08-24-2007   #65
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLeverette
They might make it sooner or later for PC, but the problem they should realize is warez. Out of all the games, the GTA's are always available for downloading through torrents or upload sites. If they make it for PC, they should put some protection on it.
Yeah, that will definetly work, why didn't other game companies think of that, try and protect the games! Games get cracked simple as. GTA games since 2 have always been console first then PC later, except for a few (LCS/VCS) but i don't see why GTA IV won't be arriving on PC around the usual 6-8months later.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #66
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
What? I hope you realise that all GTAs have had protection

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #67
drg0nzo1
Newbie Member

drg0nzo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

So is every other game on the PC. But with the multiplayer component in GTA IV it might slow it down some, assuming you will need a valid key to play online.

Copy protection only works till a 12 year old German kid cracks it
drg0nzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #68
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Its unlikely, but if R* teamed up with steam the game would be pretty safe.. Steam has excellent protection.
Old 08-25-2007   #69
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Its unlikely, but if R* teamed up with steam the game would be pretty safe.. Steam has excellent protection.
Wrong, i have a account that has free download access to every single Steam game for free. I haven't payed for a single game off of steam other than Counter Strike;Source

And remember this : No protection is uncrackable, give me 1 good name that's never had a cracked game before
Old 08-25-2007   #70
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
Talking PC game running

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy_999
Erm... you guys are underestimating PC graphics by alot. PC graphics are not outdated, the 8800 was released MONTHS ago. Games like COH, CnC3, R6V... I've got a X1800XT, which is nothing compared to an 8800, and I can run those all fine on highest or close to highest settings. Yes, IV will probably be DX10, as most games by that time, and also by that time, Vista will be much more popular so it won't be as big of an issue. This is over half a year into the future. You never know what's going to happen. ATI will release a card that owns the 8800. Or nVidia will release some 9xxx series card that owns everything before it. GTA on PC will not be toned down, but there will be options to tone down the settings like in all PC games. Even if there is a keyboard and mouse for the 360, PC still has mods, and is much more flexible and unlimited in terms of stuff like storage space. So. The PC version won't suck. But if you can't run something like oblivion smoothly, you're going to need to get a better computer.
Yup, you said it. I have a PC with Dual-Core Processor, 2gb memory, ATI video card with 256mb, and things run just ducky, thank you
OT
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote