Old 07-07-2007   #46
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010
 
The Shy Child.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,621
The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
i guess your right. I dont have a powerful PC and i play GTA:SA with mods and stuff all the time.so i guess that you dont need a powerful PC to play GTA IV on it but it would not hurt to have a good graphics card.
The Shy Child. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007   #47
Arab-man666
Registered User
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 17
Arab-man666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shy Child.
i guess your right. I dont have a powerful PC and i play GTA:SA with mods and stuff all the time.so i guess that you dont need a powerful PC to play GTA IV on it but it would not hurt to have a good graphics card.
Well, I think the TC's gonna have to play a modded version of Alan wake, with a Niko belic skin and some recycled GTA buldings.


Hey, i wanna play a modded GTA SA. I dont think my PC can handle it..
Arab-man666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #48
x_orange90_x
WildBlue Sucks!
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 9
x_orange90_x is an unknown quantity at this point
well my theory goes 50/50. i can see them wanting to gain more profit, but still, i see a side of them not making it for PC. the point being, they have been threatened already for just releasing the game on Xbox, let alone a PC version. i would strongly like to believe they will find it in their greedy little hearts to make a PC version, but they would be sued up the ass for it. im not saying they wouldn't take the risk, but they had numerous law suits over San Andreas and the Hot Coffee incident. legally, it's in their best interest to stay away from the PC, but like i said, they might be risk-takers. its still 50/50, so i think any "sure and of course they will" should be kept on the hush, as there is no way of telling what will happen. i do believe if they did it would be a Vista Only game with DX10, because by 2008 Vista will thrive and XP will sadly fail as did happen with 98 when XP came out.
x_orange90_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #49
BC Rich
1961
 
BC Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 727, Florida
Posts: 2,903
BC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud of
If a PC version was released at the same time as the PS3/360 versions, people would bootleg the shit out of it. Soooo....ye I don't think we'll see a PC version for a long time. Especially since the release date got pushed back all the way to early 08.
__________________
BC Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007   #50
x_orange90_x
WildBlue Sucks!
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 9
x_orange90_x is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Rich
If a PC version was released at the same time as the PS3/360 versions, people would bootleg the shit out of it. Soooo....ye I don't think we'll see a PC version for a long time. Especially since the release date got pushed back all the way to early 08.

i can see R* tryin to suck the sales dry on PS3 and XBOX360, as far as PC gamers, they would make a hell-of-a lot more with a PC release. as i mentioned earlier, its a 50/50 chance. if they do make a PC version, i can see them implementing security against modding/hacking. hopefully, this is not the case.
x_orange90_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #51
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █
 
Xan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 4,587
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
why would they mod proof GTAIV? GTA3/Vice City/San Andreas were popular on PC because of games.

Heck people got PC version even though they owned PS2 versions because of mods, you think Rockstar would screw their main public, the thousands of modding communities that relay on PC releases?
__________________
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #52
x_orange90_x
WildBlue Sucks!
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 9
x_orange90_x is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
why would they mod proof GTAIV? GTA3/Vice City/San Andreas were popular on PC because of games.

Heck people got PC version even though they owned PS2 versions because of mods, you think Rockstar would screw their main public, the thousands of modding communities that relay on PC releases?
yes i do. the other games we're not sold with "Fully Moddable" or "Hack Me" stickers on them, they were, though, just that; Fully Moddable and Hacked. GTA games were not manufactured and sold with the intent of being modified, they were just games. R* doesn't have to tell people the game is going to be Mod-Proof, they will sell it as the others were, no hidden menus, no custom content, just a game. im not saying that hackers/modders couldn't make them moddable, just saying R* most likely isn't stupid enough to use the same file formats and "expandability" as they did with the other games; for the sake of saving their own asses. they could encrypt a file, password protect it, put a self-detenation on it, but that wouldn't stop the world of more intelligent hackers from getting around that. im not trying to create an uproar, just voicing my opinion. i agree, they would be screwing themselves if they did that, because i for one am not paying 300-700 dollars so i can play one game: GTAIV (X360) or GTAIV (PS3)

and i believe u meant "mods"? :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
...on PC because of games.
i do thankyou for your input Xan, it makes a compelling argument.
x_orange90_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007   #53
Jimmy_86
Think!
 
Jimmy_86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Auckland
Posts: 2,802
Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
How easy the game would be to mod surely isn't an issue. As long as they don't leave in any content that isn't intended to be in the final release that could be deemed objectionable then they should be fine, and I think they've learned that lesson the hard way.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #54
x_orange90_x
WildBlue Sucks!
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 9
x_orange90_x is an unknown quantity at this point
i honestly dont believe the Hot Coffee scenes were in the retail copy. even if they were, they were not open to the average joe to unlock. they would have to of been modified (if they were there) so that the game would display them. i tried the patch to see what the fuss was all about, and nothin happened. even when i started a completely new game on a fresh install with no other mods. i dont care if it was there or not, it was enough to get R* in trouble, and so they have threatened not to make the 4th for the PC (and yes, to those who didn't know, they said some things about console-only GTA games). and i agree with that last statement, i too think they learned their lesson. from what i've heard (don't know if its true), they were scheduling a new game for release but cancelled it for some unknown reason.
x_orange90_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #55
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,243
Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_orange90_x
i honestly dont believe the Hot Coffee scenes were in the retail copy.
They were. I can do it on my first edition PS2 version.
__________________
Lynk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #56
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █
 
Xan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 4,587
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_orange90_x
yes i do. the other games we're not sold with "Fully Moddable" or "Hack Me" stickers on them, they were, though, just that; Fully Moddable and Hacked. GTA games were not manufactured and sold with the intent of being modified, they were just games. R* doesn't have to tell people the game is going to be Mod-Proof, they will sell it as the others were, no hidden menus, no custom content, just a game. im not saying that hackers/modders couldn't make them moddable, just saying R* most likely isn't stupid enough to use the same file formats and "expandability" as they did with the other games; for the sake of saving their own asses. they could encrypt a file, password protect it, put a self-detenation on it, but that wouldn't stop the world of more intelligent hackers from getting around that. im not trying to create an uproar, just voicing my opinion. i agree, they would be screwing themselves if they did that, because i for one am not paying 300-700 dollars so i can play one game: GTAIV (X360) or GTAIV (PS3)

and i believe u meant "mods"? :
i do thankyou for your input Xan, it makes a compelling argument.
Yes you have a good point on that matter, and i didn't even see that typo there . Today some games continued popularity relies on the modding community after the hype has been cleared down. DOOM3 was a amazing game, but after people beat the Singleplayer, played multiplayer to death and after that they stopped because the game wasn't interesting anymore, now people are making weapon mods, COOP mods that are bringing the boom into a legendary game.

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is an example of a game that the creators actually support people creating maps and actually publishing them for a wider audience, and i believe pure supported games are those when the companies release SDK tools for their games
__________________

Last edited by Xan; 08-19-2007 at 02:09 PM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007   #57
x_orange90_x
WildBlue Sucks!
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 9
x_orange90_x is an unknown quantity at this point
thankyou Lynk for clearing that up. and that being said, I guess Rockstar was at some fault for that. also, Xan, i am one who loves modding game, it adds so much more life to a game and basically revives it. i havnt played Carmageddon 2 in years, but after uncovering mods it has earned its spot on my not-so-large hard drive. and credit to Microsoft for making Halo and Halo 2 customizable (which is a surprise, because it's Microsoft). i can only imagine the mods that would be made for GTAIV. from the trailers the game already resembles a realistic world, but their are just movies so far, no ingame action (correct me if im wrong, i only saw bits of the 2nd). also, if it were for the PC i dont suppose i could run it: P4 HT 2.80GHz 800MHz FSB , 1GB Dual-Channel Crucial PC3200 , SoundMAX Digital Audio , BFG nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB. I can see me having to upgrade quite a bit...lol wat do u guys think?
x_orange90_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #58
smooth
Molotov
Amateur Member
 
smooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Posts: 141
smooth is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_orange90_x
thankyou Lynk for clearing that up. and that being said, I guess Rockstar was at some fault for that. also, Xan, i am one who loves modding game, it adds so much more life to a game and basically revives it. i havnt played Carmageddon 2 in years, but after uncovering mods it has earned its spot on my not-so-large hard drive. and credit to Microsoft for making Halo and Halo 2 customizable (which is a surprise, because it's Microsoft). i can only imagine the mods that would be made for GTAIV. from the trailers the game already resembles a realistic world, but their are just movies so far, no ingame action (correct me if im wrong, i only saw bits of the 2nd). also, if it were for the PC i dont suppose i could run it: P4 HT 2.80GHz 800MHz FSB , 1GB Dual-Channel Crucial PC3200 , SoundMAX Digital Audio , BFG nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB. I can see me having to upgrade quite a bit...lol wat do u guys think?
You can probably run it on low, if the engine is any good.
__________________
smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #59
Sparthan
Tonight we dine in HELL !
 
Sparthan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The bloody hell!
Posts: 52
Sparthan is on a distinguished roadSparthan is on a distinguished road
The threat is already created...
http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85813
__________________



Thanks soooooo much .:Clansman:. for the sig and the avatar
Sparthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007   #60
x_orange90_x
WildBlue Sucks!
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 9
x_orange90_x is an unknown quantity at this point
well i contacted R* via email, and here is what they said:

"Unfortunately we are a technical support centre only and cannot give out information on unreleased products. For information on future releases please refer to http://www.rockstargames.com."

thats bull if u ask me, they know, they just won't tell anyone. oh, and there is another thread here on GTA Gaming similar to this one that give a link to preorder GTAIV on the PC. i checked it and its in a different language, but i assume they say something about it being un-scheduled or N/A, or somethin like that. my motherboard, by the way, has both AGP and PCI-E, so im not sure wat i want to get next time, im sorta thinkin an X1800 or X1900. any suggestions?
x_orange90_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 PM.