Old 07-02-2007   #16
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
It hasn't been announced yet.
Old 07-03-2007   #17
smooth
Molotov
Amateur Member

smooth is an unknown quantity at this point
If Microsoft pays $50,000,000 for some exclusive content, I'd think they'd pay the same for a Vista-only version.
Old 07-03-2007   #18
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
GTAIV will be a graphics hog but no way near as intensive as Crysis or etc for example.

Crysis is way past GTAIV in terms of technology and way back when they were showing off the Gameplay they were running it on a slower Graphics card than the 8800GTX, and not to mention they admitted that was the version will alot of slowdown problems. Crysis has been tweaked now will be able to run on Semi to great graphics with a single 8800GTX

Now IV is way back from graphics terms compared to Crysis. So i'd expect a good gaming rig to run it without any major problems. Still most are going to need a upgrade to get a normal FPS out of it.

Now. I don't really know about the 360 or PS3 specs. But are these consoles even configured of running DX10?

Will Rockstar choose a operating system that has a "small user" base thus meaning less profit? Now if they made a XP and Vista version like Crysis will be, they would make alot more money off the PC version. I mean, how many people will upgrade their entire rig, plus pay the Hardware to even run Vista? Better off buying a console then.

DX10 is pretty, but DX9 can do half or more than things that DX10 can manage. There is no need for DX10 to be running to have anything like the things you seen in GTAIV. I've seen better graphics than GTAIV running on DX9

And if Microsoft payed Rockstar for a Vista only version : Good for them

Were already getting Compatibility drivers and Cracked scene released for games that were supposedly running on DX10, 2 games Vista only already running on XP. So it's only a matter of time before the DX10 version comes to XP with a driver installed

Last edited by Xan; 07-03-2007 at 06:48 AM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #19
RobKellas
Cant wait for IV :D

RobKellas is on a distinguished roadRobKellas is on a distinguished road
I hope it comes out for PC. PS2 would be nice too, but I dont see that happening
Old 07-03-2007   #20
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
There is no way of the game coming out on PS2. You need to be constantly switching between 5 DVD's more or less. Plus adding that GTAIV will be way to much of a hog for the PS2. They would need to degrade the graphics to be able to get a normal 25 - 30 FPS on the PS2
Old 07-03-2007   #21
Duke Lion

Duke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really niceDuke Lion is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
There is no way of the game coming out on PS2. You need to be constantly switching between 5 DVD's more or less. Plus adding that GTAIV will be way to much of a hog for the PS2. They would need to degrade the graphics to be able to get a normal 25 - 30 FPS on the PS2
Isn't the 360 running DVDs?

But yea, the PS2 wouldn't be able to handle it.. would look crap.
Duke Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #22
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draining Monkey
Isn't the 360 running DVDs?

But yea, the PS2 wouldn't be able to handle it.. would look crap.
They've started selling HD-DVD addon's for the X360,

The size and scale along with the details of GTAIV is way over 10GB's at least

Blu-Ray :
Single Layer Double Layer
12 cm, single sided 25 GB (23.3 GiB) 50 GB (46.6 GiB)
8 cm, single sided 7.8 GB (7.3 GiB) 15.6 GB (14.6 GiB

That's more than enough for GTAIV

HD-DVD :
12 cm, single sided 15 GB 30 GB
12 cm, double sided 30 GB 60 GB
8 cm, single sided 4.7 GB 9.4 GB
8 cm, double sided 9.4 GB 18.8 GB

Enough space for GTAIV too, but only the 12cm versions of the Single Layer discs of both will have enough space. Using Double layer of 12cm alot of space for GTAIV

Edit: Sorry the forum destroyed my design for the Spec's i added. Just look up both discs on Wikipedia or something
Old 07-03-2007   #23
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I am hoping it doesn't turn into another Vista-exclusive.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007   #24
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
They've started selling HD-DVD addon's for the X360,

The size and scale along with the details of GTAIV is way over 10GB's at least

Blu-Ray :
12 cm, single sided 25 GB (23.3 GiB) 50 GB (46.6 GiB)
8 cm, single sided 7.8 GB (7.3 GiB) 15.6 GB (14.6 GiB

That's more than enough for GTAIV

HD-DVD :
12 cm, single sided 15 GB 30 GB
12 cm, double sided 30 GB 60 GB
8 cm, single sided 4.7 GB 9.4 GB
8 cm, double sided 9.4 GB 18.8 GB

Enough space for GTAIV too, but only the 12cm versions of the Single Layer discs of both will have enough space. Using Double layer of 12cm alot of space for GTAIV

Edit: Sorry the forum destroyed my design for the Spec's i added. Just look up both discs on Wikipedia or something
No it's on a normal DVD. Microsoft said they won't use the HD-DVD addon for games, just movies.
Old 07-03-2007   #25
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

It's going to be very limited on space unless they make a good use of any extra space, HD or so to decompress then
Old 07-03-2007   #26
Scott

I think they're just gonna have to compress everything a lot. A LOT.
Old 07-04-2007   #27
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
Isn't Vista only a commercial suicide for R*? I know only 2 people who have it.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007   #28
RubberDuck
Mr Xion
Loyal Member

RubberDuck is on a distinguished roadRubberDuck is on a distinguished roadRubberDuck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortigern
Isn't Vista only a commercial suicide for R*? I know only 2 people who have it.
Give it time. When the first service packs get released and things start becoming compatible with Vista, everyone will want it.
Old 07-04-2007   #29
ProLogiC2006
Newbie Member

ProLogiC2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Ladies/Gents

After much searching for current information on the whereabouts of GTA IV for the PC I decided to see if there was a petition for it, as of

yet I have failed to find one so I created one myself and therefore promoting my petition to all the GTA fans at this forum.

If you would be so kind to sign and attach a comment to the newly created petition located

here I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.
ProLogiC2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007   #30
smooth
Molotov
Amateur Member

smooth is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogiC2006
Hey Ladies/Gents

After much searching for current information on the whereabouts of GTA IV for the PC I decided to see if there was a petition for it, as of

yet I have failed to find one so I created one myself and therefore promoting my petition to all the GTA fans at this forum.

If you would be so kind to sign and attach a comment to the newly created petition located

here I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.
Don't bother.

There's no way R* isn't making a PC version.