Old 07-02-2007   #1
bottled leaf

bottled leaf is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA IV for PC?

I dont own any consoles anymore. is gta iv gonna come out for pc also?
Old 07-02-2007   #2
Hoogster
Newbie Member

Hoogster is an unknown quantity at this point
ill be surprised if it doesn't come out sometime next year allthough nothing has been announced yet
Hoogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #3
maddmike
Banned
Banned

maddmike is on a distinguished roadmaddmike is on a distinguished road
i can see the mods now.....
maddmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #4
bottled leaf

man i really dont want to wait until next year.
and oh yes mods...they are why i play pc gta
Old 07-02-2007   #5
Ophie
PwN

Ophie is an unknown quantity at this point
The PC version of GTA IV will be released sometime in June next year like they did with GTA:SA
Old 07-02-2007   #6
TheNamelessGuy
tässä lukee jänniä asioita.

TheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura aboutTheNamelessGuy has a spectacular aura about
San Andreas for example was released in October, and for PC in June next year. Same pattern probably.

Edit: too slow
Old 07-02-2007   #7
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
Too slow? Seems kinda fast to me, but hey, no problem! This game will rock even more on PC (as did all previous GTA's), the only problem I see may be the hardware.
I was also wondering about the exclusive content...could we buy it, so "share" it with others and not buying it at all or just not get it? I bet Xbox users would feel pretty screwed if the content would be free for PC gamers (although I wouldn't mind )!
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #8
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortigern
Too slow? Seems kinda fast to me, but hey, no problem! This game will rock even more on PC (as did all previous GTA's), the only problem I see may be the hardware.
I was also wondering about the exclusive content...could we buy it, so "share" it with others and not buying it at all or just not get it? I bet Xbox users would feel pretty screwed if the content would be free for PC gamers (although I wouldn't mind ;))!
it's not gonna be free. you can think rockstar love you all you want but they love money. just money.

so if its brought out on pc or ps3 anytime in the future, it'll still be priced.

also, the too slow above, was referring to someone else who posted what he said before him. :)
Old 07-02-2007   #9
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Yep. There's no way they won't release it for PC. Way too much money to be made here. But about the 'episodic content', I think things will be clearer once the game actually comes out on consoles. I'm thinking you could kinda compare it to the expansions for Oblivion, (like knights of the nine I guess, nothing as big as SI)
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #10
Deej
Special Someone

Deej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished road
Yeah.. Like everyone else said.. It will eventually be ported to the PC.. But not for atleast 6 months.

Rockstar are all about the dollars. Make as much money as they can off the consaoles then ship to PC to make a few more.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #11
Blazer

Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortigern
.... This game will rock even more on PC (as did all previous GTA's), the only problem I see may be the hardware....

Next gen consoles are as powerful as PC's. PC Gaming is now outdated as myself and a friend discussed this for awhile since we were both hardcore PC gamers, now we both play 360. PS3 is the same though, just as powerful. So I can see the PC version either being way too high for specs, thus leading in alot of money to update for PC, to the graphics will be toned down somewhat for the "regular" settings, but still require quite abit of resources for it to run that way. And now since you can get a mouse & keyboard for the 360(not sure about PS3) you can do extremely good in FPS's just as it was on a PC, but hey to each their own, but I just cant see the PC version being all that much more better with the PS3/360 being as powerful, or more than most gaming PCs
Old 07-02-2007   #12
bottled leaf

i agree next gen consoles are as powerfuls as PCs but eventually they will be outdated..although you have to wait till the next console comes out from the company. where as the PC will be outdated too but there is no waiting, you do the upgrades.

and whats this episodic content i hear of?
Old 07-02-2007   #13
carldj90

carldj90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually this is what I believe.

GTA 4 for PC will require Vista, not only for DX 10 but for the Live options for online play. If you didn't know the Xbox Live service is now on PC. That is what I believe. Good think I have Halo 2 Vista and Shadowrun PC was well as Vista and an 8800GTS. =]
carldj90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007   #14
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Mm..I don't think GTAIV requires DX10 though and Vista only is unprobable also. And PC has it's own online play, maybe you've heard of it - the regular net.
Old 07-02-2007   #15
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Erm... you guys are underestimating PC graphics by alot. PC graphics are not outdated, the 8800 was released MONTHS ago. Games like COH, CnC3, R6V... I've got a X1800XT, which is nothing compared to an 8800, and I can run those all fine on highest or close to highest settings. Yes, IV will probably be DX10, as most games by that time, and also by that time, Vista will be much more popular so it won't be as big of an issue. This is over half a year into the future. You never know what's going to happen. ATI will release a card that owns the 8800. Or nVidia will release some 9xxx series card that owns everything before it. GTA on PC will not be toned down, but there will be options to tone down the settings like in all PC games. Even if there is a keyboard and mouse for the 360, PC still has mods, and is much more flexible and unlimited in terms of stuff like storage space. So. The PC version won't suck. But if you can't run something like oblivion smoothly, you're going to need to get a better computer.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote