Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2007   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Someone emailed me a pic of GTAIV's game disc...?

Some user named eedtprohaga4tt emailed me this. He has no posts at all. I know this may be fake but it's kind of cool I guess.

Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #2
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
very intresting to say the least...
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #3
Himuro

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
He sent me a pm, telling me to check my email.

Thing is, I have it set up so that I can only receive emails from admins. My email is not displayed if I am correct. It's really really weird.
Old 06-19-2007   #4
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Wow, that's a neat job.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #5
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
lol so whos the chick?

looks fake. just somehting about it..
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #6
Himuro

She's a character called Elizabeta.

It definitely fits with the R* tradition of putting the attractive females on the game disc rather than something gritty. I've always wondered why R* does that.
Old 06-19-2007   #7
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by comics22
lol so whos the chick?

looks fake. just somehting about it..
She is Elizabetha or something, you might have seen this artwork couple of times on few magazine previews.

Old 06-19-2007   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
She was on one of the pages in the Game Informer preview, and on the cover of that first OPM preview. Pretty cool disc. Her artwork was never that clear though. In the GI preview there was a grungy sort of overlay on the background so that "ruined" her, and on the OPM cover there was text all over.
Old 06-19-2007   #9
Himuro

Question: If this is official, the fact that there is already a disc printed is suspect. Could there be a demo on the way?
Old 06-19-2007   #10
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll admit that is a very nicely done fake, does look professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
Question: If this is official, the fact that there is already a disc printed is suspect. Could there be a demo on the way?
No, No playable Demo for this game will be released, not been a demo since GTA2, for technical reasons there can't be ademo as it would be too much work for Rockstar to cut data and redo the code to allow only part of content.

Last edited by Ash_735; 06-19-2007 at 10:10 AM..
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #11
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
Well a demo had always been aside my expectations with GTA IV, but possibly so. A demo could hurt the hype, I believe. I would play it anyway though.
Old 06-19-2007   #12
Himuro

I dunno. Demo's can help build hype. There are some prime examples. Metal Gear Solid 2's demo actually made people more hyped. Hell, it came packaged with a game and people bought it solely for the demo. In 1997, the same thing happened when Final Fantasy VII got its demo. It built up hype like you wouldn't believe.

It seems that if the game is by far and wide the most anticipated game for that year, a demo actually helps hype more than anything. R* is now in that position.
Old 06-19-2007   #13
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yeah they either hurt the hype or really build it up. The result of demos is really determined by personal opinions on there even being a demo for a certain game. Like personally, I think a demo for any GTA would kill the hype, especially one of GTA IV's magnitude, but I can't say I would not play the demo.
Old 06-19-2007   #14
Asif
Moderator =)

Creating a demo will be like unwrapping at least one whole borough to the player, if there are 2/3 mission to do and you are one a certain borough. Not really an inspiring idea for a free-roam game like GTA.

Old 06-19-2007   #15
Himuro

True. That would give some people (the more casual players) little incentive to buy the game, because they could just fuck around in the demo.