Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2007   #16
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
So I assume breaking glass is the fastest way to get into a car, in case you're on the run or something, but also not the safest since it will grant you unwarranted attention.

Interesting. The way you get into cars will have drastic effects now, and their own advantages/disadvantages.

That's pretty big. It will make the gameplay far more strategic.

Last edited by Himuro; 06-18-2007 at 10:21 AM..
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #17
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I'm wondering how the actions of these methods are going to work out. I mean, to break the glass on a window, do you walk up to a locked car door, press triangle (PS3 controls here), and then hit another button to trigger what kind of method you perform, or could you walk up to the car, press circle (punch) which breaks the glass, then hit triangle which Niko automatically knows to go reach through the window and unlock the car (or jump in through the window? :0). What do you all think?
Old 06-18-2007   #18
Himuro

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I think they will assign different button presses to open vehicles a certain way. Either that, or by simply keeping it all to one button like before, and having you press something like up + y (triangle on ps3) to do one action, y/trianglefor the default car jacking action and so on.
Old 06-18-2007   #19
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
aww come on... stop bitching about 60fps... look at your fucking TV, it runs 24fps, or a little more. Does that appear choppy?! no, good, now go shuff that 'spoiled little kid' feeling down a bag or something!
Have you ever even seen the difference between 25 FPS and 60 FPS? Take the frame limiter off in San Andreas for a while.
Also, here you are badmouthing us for having a valid wish that might actually streamline gameplay and make the game look better, while behind you the five-hundreth noob that whines about wanting a dashboard view or skateboards comes along. I salute you.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #20
Himuro

There is little difference between 60 fps and 120 fps. Most people don't even notice.
Old 06-18-2007   #21
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
ZCAB, man do I know the difference. Once I got my new PC a few weeks ago, I finally got to experience PC San Andreas the way it was meant to be played. Went from about 25 fps to 60 fps, and wow, it really made a huge difference and made the game so much more enjoyable to play.

Seeing 60 fps on a console GTA would just be awesome.
Old 06-18-2007   #22
Morkoc96
Newbie Member

Morkoc96 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to know if I will be able to break the window and than not open the car door......so like If i see or hear? some one coming around the corner or a squad car pulls at the end of the street i can just quickly walk away leaving the window broken..ya know?
Morkoc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #23
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
According to the magazines, it is a one-button job. So once it is pressed, it's more likely that, you will end up opening the door.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #24
waggy44
Woop Woop

waggy44 is an unknown quantity at this point
ye but there was the option to walk away after throwing the person out the car in saints row, maybe they have took it on. unless it is all done in one animation. we'll have to wait and see.
waggy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #25
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

GTA has had that since San Andreas, you just have to move the analog stick away from the vehicle.
Old 06-19-2007   #26
waggy44
Woop Woop

waggy44 is an unknown quantity at this point
ye i could only rarely do it on San Andreas tho, so didnt think it was meant to be done. i use to keep trying to do it and i always ended up sat in the car and i would randomly do it without trying at times.
waggy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #27
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
You had to do press the 'movement' button as fast as possible, once after you've pressed the 'enter vehicle' button. This method may not work always with slow system.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote