Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2007   #76
Dawlish

Dawlish is an unknown quantity at this point
pisses me off. games and developers should remain loyal to consoles. at least treat them with equality. surely the ps3 can handle anything the 360 can so why not just do it for both? gta (in my eyes) has always worked better and felt nicer on the playstation. the vice city version for the xbox was horrible!. i dont like the way companies are starting to act with consoles nowadays. it was all so innocent when the playstation first came out. now, with different spec models of the same console coming out and exclusive content coming out it all seems a bit messy. scruffy in fact. games like gta are almost high art and should be treated with a little more care, and served in a more dignified way. like the whole idea of gthd (gran turismo) selling premium discs and stuff. and paying for cars. ???!!!!?!?. it used to be - you bought the game, you then had everything related to it. its what you expect for 40. i dont mind how bungie do it with halo, because they continue to work on downloads after the game is released. but a few years ago gaming was totally for the fans. and it produced a nice feeling. not "ere's 50 million squids, give us better than the rest." developers need to steer clear from wank producers. watch, it'll be gaming hollywood in a couple of years. rant over. sos.
Old 06-18-2007   #77
Jamal
Banned
Banned

Jamal can only hope to improve
GTA was originally a PLaystation Game, So where da HEll duz Xbox kom from gettin special content
Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #78
gtachuggy

gtachuggy is an unknown quantity at this point
It doesnt suppries me thta MS has had to pay off developers to use their system only for certain content. Its a great machine, but as said, R* defintion of exculsive isnt what you would expect.
Old 06-18-2007   #79
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal
GTA was originally a PLaystation Game, So where da HEll duz Xbox kom from gettin special content
Originally for PC. Then came out on the PS1 a few weeks later.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #80
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I say that Rockstar would never be unfair to different fan user bases, because history shows they haven't truly ripped anyone off. I speak the truth, buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA
Dude, they're all business men. What makes you think they really give a serious hoot about fans ? I mean, yeah they want to impress us, but on a better note make money just like anyone else in this world.

Please stop with the "oh my gosh, rockstar will never do this to the fans!!" It's all about business everyone...

But on the other hand, who knows what the PS3 version will hold. We don't know yet, so why are we arguing about it ?

It's pretty much pointless at this point of time.
Old 06-18-2007   #81
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
EDIT: Sorry. I guess I'm an asshole.

Last edited by Pivotto; 06-21-2007 at 10:24 PM..
Pivotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #82
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Take THAT! Flamer!/console (fan) basher.

Not cool.

Last edited by Slim Trashman; 06-18-2007 at 07:22 PM..
Slim Trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #83
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivotto
Take THAT! PS3 fanboys! <333
That was unnecessary. Go stand in the corner of shame!

Anyway..
This doesn't look too bright but I still got hope for the Playstation 3, no matter if it will or will not get any special content I will go for the Playstation 3, even though I have a Xbox 360 sitting just beside me *pats the Xbox, sorry buddy*.
Well, I'm looking forward to the game none the less.

Also, Hi! :-p
Luciphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #84
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Why bother picking up a PS3 for GTA IV if you've already got a 360? Well whatever you want!

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy yourself here, be sure to read the over the rules!
Old 06-19-2007   #85
Goat
Amateur Member

Goat is on a distinguished roadGoat is on a distinguished road
No episodic content for me. Oh, well. Life moves ever forward.
Old 06-19-2007   #86
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Don't think that way. Just remember that episodic content for the PS3 version has never been denied. Episodic content has simply been confirmed for the 360 version. Also keep in mind anything else I've said regarding this throughout this thread. You can always hope
Old 06-19-2007   #87
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Reason why I want, and will get it for the Playstation 3.. well, I'm not sure how to answer that one. Same goes to Devil May Cry 4, it will be released for the Xbox 360 as well but I'm going for the Playstation 3 version. n_n

Also, like Slim said, don't give up hope on the PS3 version. Rockstars might have something planned, who knows?
Old 06-19-2007   #88
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Why bother picking up a PS3 for GTA IV if you've already got a 360? Well whatever you want!
I don't know about you, but I have III, VC, and SA for ps2 but want the trilogy pack for Xbox for the sole reason of seeing what it looks like, plus messing with custom soundtracks.

While I am going to be getting the 360 and 360 GTAIV first, whenever I get a ps3, I'll be sure to get GTAIV as well. I'm sure it'll have it's own ps3 exclusive stuff.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #89
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yeah I need a 360 so buying the Xbox versions of III, VC, and SA will be worth it (I need to add my collection). I'll grab them all eventually.
Old 06-19-2007   #90
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Yeah I need a 360 so buying the Xbox versions of III, VC, and SA will be worth it (I need to add my collection). I'll grab them all eventually.
Sounds like a pretty big collection-adventure ahead of you. :-p