Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2007   #61
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
With time we'll see where this exclusive content issue goes, there's not actually been any official announcement (such as a press release on Take2's web site) regarding said content to only ever be released for the 360 version of the game.
Actually there has been an announcement about 2008, but PS3 was not mentioned when gta iv content came to place. http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDeta...leaseID=248580

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #62
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I thought it was already known that the downloadable content is exclusive to Xbox 360, according to the take2 press release almost a week ago. Perhaps nobody linked to it before on this forum.

Edit: Oh, Static's post (above me) also has the link to it.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #63
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
MS supposedly paid 50 million to get this exclusive content.

Neither is "winning". Blu ray and hddvd are getting their asses kicked by dvd. No one cares about hi dev movie content. Upscaled dvds are good enough. We don't need blu ray or hd dvd.
That's if you include DVD which is obvious, I stated this in a previous post if you care to actually read the whole thread. But in HD-DVD Vs. Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray is leading by 3-to-1, If you include DVD sales, then yes, bt obvious knowledge, DVD sales are kicking their arses into the ground, but that isn't a HD format, it's a now standard format like VHS was, it isn't new technology. I'm sorry I confused you.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #64
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
You didn't confuse me, it's just that, this whole "hd next gen format wars" crap is annoying me. It just isn't needed.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #65
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I've got to agree with Victim (and those who agree with him), Really, we've known the downloadable content was exclusive for 360 since last year when GTAIV was annouced. But ofcourse as mentioned above, exclusive with GTA has merely meant a delay for other platforms. Also, until T2/R* say there will be no extra content for PS3 it's still up in the air.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #66
RyanEmerica13
The Dude, dude

RyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished roadRyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished road
I dont know why people keep thinking that its gonna be on the PS3 version cause it can hold more, haven't you even noticed it says "Exclusive"?
Old 06-17-2007   #67
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Quote:
From a conference call held with Take 2's CFO last week:

"The first 25 million is for the first episodic content package that ’s supposed to go out and that is in March of ’08. That’s why it moved into current because it’s in the next 12 months. The second 25 will be for the second episodic, the episode, and that will be later in fiscal ’08."
http://seekingalpha.com/article/38017

Well, $50 million's a lot of money. If Microsoft really did pay up, I don't see why it wouldn't be exclusive. Assuming this transcript is true (or if I'm even comprehending it right).
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #68
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
ooooh, nice find. This could mean PS3 may get the content packages fiscal 2009 or really later 2008 and with both of these content packages rolled into one. We can't really tell until we see the full legal contract terms.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #69
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
50 million dollars for exclusive content.. I gotta be honest when I say that sounds like a lot of bull. Sure Microsoft is one of the most successful companies out there and could no doubt afford that, but that my friend is way too much money.

What I've been trying to say here is that until we get the word from Rockstar and/or Take2 that the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV will not ever be receiving this episodic content, that there is no reason to believe it will never receive the episodic content. Rockstar/Take2 have watched their words with this one. They only say "the content is exclusive to the Xbox 360 version" never have they mentioned the PS3 not receiving the same or its own content eventually after.

Glad to see I could change some of your opinions around. Don't want you guys to give up hope on this.

Edit: Well I've looked more into it, and apparently Microsoft did pay Rockstar $50 million for the content. This means that if the content was priced at $10.00, a total of at least 5 million people would have to purchase at least one of these episodes for MS to break even.

Last edited by Slim Trashman; 06-17-2007 at 02:04 PM..
Slim Trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #70
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Slim mircosoft can well afford 50 million to secure a something as successful as GTA.
The company has an annual revenue of 45 BILLION dollars. Fifty million is nothing compared to the amount of people who will buy the 360 version just for the content.
Old 06-17-2007   #71
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Lynk I edited my post after looking into it, okay? I just think that's a bit ridiculous for some video game content, no matter what they can afford. And where were we discussing the # of people who would purchase the 360 version? I only mentioned people buying the content.

And people thought Rockstar would make stupid decisions because they wanted to make more money.. 50 million dollars for episodic content. Rockstar can do about anything they want now.
Old 06-17-2007   #72
Blazer

Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
50 million dollars for exclusive content.. I gotta be honest when I say that sounds like a lot of bull. Sure Microsoft is one of the most successful companies out there and could no doubt afford that, but that my friend is way too much money.

What I've been trying to say here is that until we get the word from Rockstar and/or Take2 that the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV will not ever be receiving this episodic content, that there is no reason to believe it will never receive the episodic content. Rockstar/Take2 have watched their words with this one. They only say "the content is exclusive to the Xbox 360 version" never have they mentioned the PS3 not receiving the same or its own content eventually after.

Glad to see I could change some of your opinions around. Don't want you guys to give up hope on this.

Edit: Well I've looked more into it, and apparently Microsoft did pay Rockstar $50 million for the content. This means that if the content was priced at $10.00, a total of at least 5 million people would have to purchase at least one of these episodes for MS to break even.
What turned me to the 360 without having to look back and regret my decision?

GTAIV Episodic Content being "exclusive" to the Xbox 360. So if you consider how many more xbox 360 sales there will be, they dont need to have atleast 5 million people to break even. MS got my 499.99, and I buy games, and 360 accessories. So you can just see how the minimal console sales will mean that microsoft will earn "lifetime"(lifetime for this gen of consoles) customers.
Old 06-17-2007   #73
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

I was just throwing out random numbers I saw on The GTA Place. It's obvious that well more than 5 million people will download the content priced at $10.00 (although speculations have suggested the content will cost much more, but who knows).

As for what "turned you to 360"..

Remember what made people buy PSPs? LCS and VCS being exclusive to the PSP. X months later, oh a PS2 version! Lots of people wasted money on PSPs just so they could play these new GTAs when all they really had to do was wait X months. Of course this case is not exactly the same, but you should see where I'm going with this.
Old 06-17-2007   #74
FireFox2
15 February 2002 Happy Anniversary

FireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp
After reading that immense wall of text, you actually persuaded me and changed my mind about a few things. Who knows, maybe things will be different... regarding the "exclusive" content.
ST has changed my mind aswell,thanks for opening my eye's to the enevitable,lol.

FireFox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #75
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
Dude, they're all business men. What makes you think they really give a serious hoot about fans ? I mean, yeah they want to impress us, but on a better note make money just like anyone else in this world.

Please stop with the "oh my gosh, rockstar will never do this to the fans!!" It's all about business everyone...

But on the other hand, who knows what the PS3 version will hold. We don't know yet, so why are we arguing about it ?

It's pretty much pointless at this point of time.

Last edited by SA; 06-18-2007 at 07:40 AM..
SA is offline   Reply With Quote