Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2007   #31
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Good to hear this, as I own a 360 but this has got to suck for the people with PS3's.
Old 06-16-2007   #32
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Yes Dex, but think of this:

LCS: "Exclusive to PSP"
VCS: "Exclusive to PSP"

What happened? A few months later they came out on PS2. Rockstar don't really keep their titles exclusive to a console because they will make more money having it open to more buyers. It's possible that with the Content, it will end up on PS3 to make more money for Rockstar.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #33
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
Yes Dex, but think of this:

LCS: "Exclusive to PSP"
VCS: "Exclusive to PSP"

What happened? A few months later they came out on PS2. Rockstar don't really keep their titles exclusive to a console because they will make more money having it open to more buyers. It's possible that with the Content, it will end up on PS3 to make more money for Rockstar.
Thing is that both LCS and VCS still ended up on Sony specific platforms. Considering Microsoft forked out fifty million to Rockstar, I highly doubt that the PS3 will get downloadable content any time soon.
Old 06-16-2007   #34
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Hmm, you are right. Rockstar really seem to be leaning a certain way this time, towards the Xbox. Fair enough because they got that much money, but they should still support other platforms.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #35
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet
Considering Microsoft forked out fifty million to Rockstar, I highly doubt that the PS3 will get downloadable content any time soon.
Can I have a source for that? Haven't heard that one before.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #36
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Rather just looking at this news as it is, Rockstar's definition of "exclusive" comes to mind again
Old 06-16-2007   #37
Skillet

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
Can I have a source for that? Haven't heard that one before.
Quote:
Evan Wilson - Pacific Crest Securities

Thank you. And as it relates to the deferred revenue chunk associated with the episodic content on X-Box 360, you can see that $25 million of that moved into short-term deferred. Could you give us any sense of when thatís going to hit the P&L? Will we see $25 million at one time and then the second 25 or will it be a slow bleed?

Lainie Goldstein

The first 25 is for the first episodic content package thatís supposed to go out and that is in March of í08. Thatís why it moved into current because itís in the next 12 months. The second 25 will be for the second episodic, the episode, and that will be later in fiscal í08.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/38017
Old 06-16-2007   #38
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Rather just looking at this news as it is, Rockstar's definition of "exclusive" comes to mind again
Yeah, I suppose at one time GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas were all "exclusive" to PS2 but the contract with Sony was only for a certain amount of time. After the contract expired they were free to put the games on the Xbox. I could see something like that happening again.
Old 06-16-2007   #39
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Slim, the stories series ended was still on Sony products only. Microsoft have done a deal with Rockstar, sorry to say this but I highly doubt PS3 will see these expansions. (although they'll most likely have their own)
Old 06-16-2007   #40
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
People still don't seem to get that the only reason 360 is getting this content is because Live costs money, while PS3's online service is free. Rockstar wants to make money like any other company out there. Who would by content off of the 360 when you could download it for free on the PS3?
Old 06-16-2007   #41
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I think most extra downloadable content on both systems cost money, however, you have to pay for the Live service, and not the PSN one.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #42
Skillet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp
People still don't seem to get that the only reason 360 is getting this content is because Live costs money, while PS3's online service is free. Rockstar wants to make money like any other company out there. Who would by content off of the 360 when you could download it for free on the PS3?
The content would still cost money even if it was going to be available on the PS3 at some point in time. Xbox Live may not be free, but it's certainly better than the Playstation Network.
Old 06-16-2007   #43
Enemyinsurgent
dɒmɪneɪ

Enemyinsurgent is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, they just said it was a EXCLUSIVE for the 360! Stop hopeing that the content going to be on the PS3.
Do you know what exclusive means? But yeah I think the PS3 is going to get a little surprise.

Last edited by Enemyinsurgent; 06-16-2007 at 08:29 PM..
Enemyinsurgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #44
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk
Slim, the stories series ended was still on Sony products only. Microsoft have done a deal with Rockstar, sorry to say this but I highly doubt PS3 will see these expansions. (although they'll most likely have their own)
Rockstar doesn't do something like this to their fans, they wouldn't. Rockstar had a deal with Sony since GTA III, so did that mean the games would never be released on Xbox? Nope, it surely was, the PS2 versions never got anything extra than the Xbox versions, can't see why they wouldn't follow that same pattern here. Everyone gets the same thing, just at different times. Don't let the word "exclusive" put you in doubt, Rockstar uses that word in probably the worst ways possible we've learned over the years. No deal with anyone will change that.

Enemyinsurgent, I assume you're a 360 owner, so at this point you could probably care less or not at all if PS3 owners get the same experience. You obviously know the definition of "exclusive" but not Rockstar's definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA
Don't get me wrong, I love Playstation.

But PS3 fucked sony up. Fuck a PS3.
Love it or not, that's still console bashing. Wrong choice of words there. And how is the PS3 "fucking Sony up" (according to you) relevant to this at all? Is it alone the PS3's fault that its version of GTA IV will "apparently" (by what we know thus far) not be receiving at form of exclusive content? No, makes no sense.

Last edited by Slim Trashman; 06-16-2007 at 08:39 PM..
Slim Trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #45
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp
Is your brain dead? If PS3's online is free doesn't mean that the content has to be free

Buy it in store, download of a special place designed for it etc
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote