Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2007   #1
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
idea for how the radio system might work

a thought on the radio system , i was thinking wouldent it be cool if there was like a record store on the game that you could go into and it would bring songs that are online up and you could download them and listen to them or a plug and play mp3 player system where as soon as u plug it in new songs are added to the ones in the game. finaly live streaming of radio stations on the net perhaps you have to tune your own radio in

thoughts, comments?
Old 06-14-2007   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostrodney
a thought on the radio system , i was thinking wouldent it be cool if there was like a record store on the game that you could go into and it would bring songs that are online up and you could download them and listen to them or a plug and play mp3 player system where as soon as u plug it in new songs are added to the ones in the game. finaly live streaming of radio stations on the net perhaps you have to tune your own radio in

thoughts, comments?
This is one thing everyone seems to want, but I don't like that. Think, the game is set in late 2007, so if it has live streaming stations and you still play this game in 2010 it's gonna be weird with everything being 2007 but the radiop blasting out songs from 2010. The shop Idea was done in True Crime, and it worked well ish, but not good for a Replacement of the GTA radio, maybe as a Custom Track station, you could browse the playlist of the radio stations and choose which ones the custom track player will play in full without Ads or DJ comments. Otherways the radio could be improved is work on the equalizer more, so it gives a greater effect between cars, and add static and interference when you are in tunnels, underground or in a high eletric static charged areas. Also improve upon the San Andreas Dynamic radio system to make it works with better codecs and allow cross-fading. Apart from that they should stick to the usual format of 1 CD worth of songs per Radio Station and have around 11 or up it to 12 (Two could be talk like in Vice City).
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007   #3
moodygirl

moodygirl is on a distinguished roadmoodygirl is on a distinguished road
Yea it would be but i would not use it.
Old 06-16-2007   #4
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
i like the idea of plugging in your MP3 Player and using the music on there.
But the radio stations really wouldnt work.

Good idea, though.
Old 06-16-2007   #5
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
yeah i want my own music too. i'd love to be able to download other peoples stations to try out though. i am sure there would be some hilarious skits out there if people made the effort.
Old 06-17-2007   #6
Morkoc96
Newbie Member

Morkoc96 is an unknown quantity at this point
meh.....I would like to be able to play my music thought the car...but than I rememberd that on the 360 you can just get the music to be going for the whole game through the guide...so yeah.
Morkoc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #7
RyanEmerica13
The Dude, dude

RyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished roadRyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished road
It will probably be like the one they have always had, although sattelite radio would be cool
RyanEmerica13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #8
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
wasn't it saints row that had the record shop idea first?!

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #9
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
wasn't it saints row that had the record shop idea first?!
True Crime New York was out long before Saints Row.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007   #10
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
didn't someone mention the idea of an mp3 player that niko could carry? you could adapt the radio function to that aswell.
Old 06-17-2007   #11
power valve
Wise man once told me For the banter!!

power valve is on a distinguished roadpower valve is on a distinguished roadpower valve is on a distinguished roadpower valve is on a distinguished road
Didn't it say you can hear the radio station poeple are listening to when they go past, in one of the reviews? cuz if it did, it would sound like normal radio and possibly custom soudtrack are back.
Old 06-17-2007   #12
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
^^^
Kinda like SR.
if you jump out of your car, you will still hear the radio.

OPS Australia Preview
# You can feel the bass of passing cars, and hear the radio that they're listening to when it goes past.
Old 06-18-2007   #13
Deej
Special Someone

Deej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished road
Yeah.. They could add heaps to it.

Possibly have some stereos don't work in cars.. Or maybe a cracked speaker.

I like the idea of the I pod.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #14
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
it would be cool like stated as saints row, they had a custom track, where u went to the record store and bought songs to put on your list, but it would be cool to actually use music from your 360, like upload songs from your 360 to your custom list

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #15
Clayton
BINGO BANGO BONGO

Clayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant future
Not really big on that idea. R*'s always come through fantastically with the radio stations in previous GTAs, so I think they should keep it like that.

Both True Crime: NYC and Saint's Row had the buying tracks idea, and in both I bought maybe one or two songs...I just don't really like it.

...Just what I've always wanted, a four-wheeled coffin to call home.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote