Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2007   #76
wing3qtr
Newbie Member

wing3qtr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
Let's disect the name of the trailer. "Things will be different." was self explanatory. A lot of us figured that it was a quote as well as the new direction for the series long before the trailer even launched. "Looking for that special someone." could mean many things. It could be a love interest. It could show the brand new GTA that we've been meaning to see for months now in all of its glory.

Who is this special someone and what does this mean?

Personally I have a feeling, that along with the new found emphasis on being serious and realistic, GTAIV's story line will feature the first full fledged romance story between the main character and someone else. In previous games, it felt like the women were just there, and you used them for sex or they just latched on when you didn't want them to. Maybe for the first time, a main character is genuinely interested in going after romantic pursuits?
Na its not romance, its the police huntin your ass down...Maybe you will have a rep or wanted level right the way through the game? And instead of cop cars you will have detectives searching for you???

PS: Heres a new thread, What is the cop saying to him? I'll start with: "Im looking for this boy, have you seen him?...John Connor"
wing3qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #77
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Majority votes he was pulled over for a traffic violation, or something more related to the story...
Old 06-12-2007   #78
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Ah great news. This time they're going to focus on gameplay apparently.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #79
JMR
I'm shot in the head!

JMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond reputeJMR has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet
Law enforcement could be hunting down Niko thus referring to them looking for that special someone.
I'd be kinda pissed if that was it. I mean, obviously Niko is on the run from law enforcement, but if that's what the trailer refers to, Rockstar is a bunch of meanie-poops.

I can't watch the trailer anyway, though. Damned self-control!
Old 06-12-2007   #80
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
LOL if you dont and dont wanna know you better not venture around here....

but i cant wait either! i hope they accualy show alot more of the city and not half it being nikko talking/thinking...
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #81
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
ooooh so its a romance.

/jk

i think it'll be a line uttered by some one in a very very sadistic tone.
i think one of the other rival gangs is hunting Niko
he's that special someone
and its gonna be roman who sells you out.

ya
thats what i think.

just a little off topic tidbit.
i really like the way everyone in the game looks. (from the game art)
they all look unique and unlike what i had seen before.

Last edited by Havok; 06-12-2007 at 04:17 PM..
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #82
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerwisniewski
I think the Detective will pull Niko over, because the Detective is looking for that special someone, which might be Roman, considering he is a fake, or owns the money to the government, or something.
I remember reading somewhere that people are after Nico too.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #83
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
Ah great news. This time they're going to focus on gameplay apparently.
Proof of that? Referring to what they've done in the past with "second trailers"? I've now stopped going by what they've done in the past, as everything has changed with GTA IV.

@Jeff, why can't you watch?
Old 06-12-2007   #84
cox
Certified Tester

cox is an unknown quantity at this point
Check out Niko's combed-back hair in the new art
cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #85
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
I still stand by my idea of it. Niko arrives at Roman's address, sees noone, and out of the shadows comes a figure saying "Looking for that special someone?".

And do we actually know the artwork has anything to do with the trailer? I mean, artwork we've already seen has had nothing to do with trailers. Just because this was released at the same time as the trailer was annouced doesn't mean it's related.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007   #86
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Hm, reading your idea made me think of something else. This trailer will show scenes of the demo all the previewers have seen, plus some more maybe.
Old 06-13-2007   #87
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think the new trailer will be a regurgitation of previously known information Slim.

It's important people see trailers and information as advertisements (not just for fans), therefore it would be pointless to show something already seen and explained in magazines, which is another mean of advertisement.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #88
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
"I'm looking for a man who can drive, a man who will take things seriously, ...a man who will kill for money, I'm looking for that special someone, is that person you Niko?"
Just goofing around with the quote and where it could be used, a lot of places really.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #89
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
I remember reading somewhere that people are after Nico too.
It is the russian mafias, as mentioned on few magazine previews last month.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007   #90
xXSoldierXx
Shoot 'em up!

xXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enough
Awesome! I haven't been online that much anymore, so it's good to come on here and see what's new.
xXSoldierXx is offline   Reply With Quote