Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2007   #1
Bearshare
Proud to be a
Newbie Member

Bearshare is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Will GTA: IV be released for PC?

Will GTA: IV be released for the PC?

Last edited by Bearshare; 06-11-2007 at 07:13 AM..
Old 06-11-2007   #2
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
No, it won't.
Old 06-11-2007   #3
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Nope. GTA IV is a next - generation game designed soley for next - generation consoles (X360/PS3). It won't be coming out on a past - generation console.
Old 06-11-2007   #4
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Why do you keep hyphonating those spaces?
Old 06-11-2007   #5
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearshare
Will GTA: IV be released for the PC?
Yes, there is good chances for it to release for the PC. The possibility is low that you will hear any official news for PC before the console release.

Since, you've edited now a little in the first post, I am editing the title.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Old 06-11-2007   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Normally the PC version is released around 6 months later than the Console versions
Old 06-11-2007   #7
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
According to a survey Valve did with their Steam users, less than 5%(i think it was, well it was low) have a PC as capable as a next-gen console so if Rockstar is to release it they have to keep the specs way down.
Old 06-11-2007   #8
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Does it matter? Then play on the lowest possible settings or don't get it on the PC at all

I'm not going to see some degraded graphics over the few that can't even run a Gameboy Color simulator
Old 06-11-2007   #9
Ophie
PwN

Ophie is an unknown quantity at this point
I hope to god they release it for PC too cause it would suck major otherwise. The first version of gta-iv will be for xbox360/ps3 and than as stated 3-6 months later pc version like san andreas (it was released for ps in sept-oct 2004 than it was released in june-august).
Old 06-11-2007   #10
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

I'd say releasing a GTAIV PC version is obligatory,

Can you imagine how many GTA Modding Fan sites would fall apart because there wasn't a proper PC release to mod?

All of the people that want to play GTAIV don't have a console. They're just going to wait the extra 6 months to play it on PC
Old 06-11-2007   #11
Offended_by_Everything
Social Justice Warrior

Offended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond repute
PC gaming is getting fucked in the ass by the current generation of consoles in my opinion. Too many badly optimized (read: bad-looking, badly performing or both) console ports on the PC today. DiRT's performance is a fucking joke, to be honest.
Old 06-11-2007   #12
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
SC: DA is a good example of that too.

But by the time it comes (hopefully) on the PC, the PC's of most of the gaming people who want GTAIV will be more powerful. I don't have a lot of money nor a job, and I'm still a student and I'm collecting money for just that reason, and I believe lots of others will too and many of the gamers can just upgrade their PC's spontaneously because of their job etc. So I don't believe the PC's performance will be a problem.

And for the topic starter, do some research on your own and think awhile about xbox1 and it's performance power. Then ofcourse you could do a search on this very forum, which has had way too many topics about this same question.
Old 06-11-2007   #13
will99
Banned
Banned

will99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished road
Well, I really really hope it is realesed for PC so people can play it even if they don't have a next gen console, I think it would be quite fair.
Old 06-11-2007   #14
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Whether a PC version will be released or not is yet to be announced. This information is never released until the game has already been released on console. Around 7-8 months later, a PC version is released, if announced.

Been discussed before, closed.