Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2007   #1
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Undercover Work?

We've discussed the theory that Niko is being handed the badge in other threads. This has made me think about the fact that Niko could be "that special someone" for the detective.

That Special Someone would be someone who could go undercover. Someone who could kill, steal and cheat. The LCPD could be corrupt and need his help.

It looks like Niko is making a tough decision in the new artwork. The cop really does seem to be handing him the badge aswell. What do you think? Niko may be an undercover cop at one point?
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #2
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
If this new badge theory goes true, there will be a legitimate reason behind doing all the vigilante missions. :p

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #3
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Its been my thought sinse I 1st seen that image, a NYC(LC) cop would never hold a badge in that way ,unless he we'er presenting it to someone. Read up on their traditions, NYC cop's have a deep abiding reverance for that badge. They handle it in presise way's.
Old 06-14-2007   #4
gtachuggy

gtachuggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a cool idea, but personally i don't think working as an undercover cop while doing things in a GTA-esc manner would work. EG You go on a rampage, and waste 50 people and get busted. What would happen? Would the badge be taken away? Or, because you have the badge, you get let off....

I personally think the someone special is either going to be Niko catching up with Roman, or some sort of hint/revealing at possible multi player mechanics....Co-op anyone?
Old 06-14-2007   #5
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Niko never works as a police officer, however, it may be good as a choice to betray a particular gang by giving police information, or losing respect from police officers for giving them wrong information.

Perhaps this could go hand in hand with the idea of "hang out with who you want". It would definitely make for a much more open-ended storyline.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #6
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
True. I don't want this to turn into a True Crime storyline (only without the fact he's a cop) either. They want us to make the decisions this time, and that could involve giving rival gang information away or just keeping to ourselves and not being, well... a rat
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #7
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
You don't have to be a cop/or undercover cop to carry a badge, just someone the cop trust/an or needs.

Edit; the badge could be handed over to make access easy to places he'll need to be. Really it's a ticket to enter.
Old 06-14-2007   #8
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Great idea of the badge being handed to Niko, you guys have got the best of it's uses.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #9
FG
CJ would be so proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Clansman:.
Great idea of the badge being handed to Niko, you guys have got the best of it's uses.
Yeah Cm, my instinct tells me the best is yet to come. tbh..it has me stumped
Old 06-14-2007   #10
Blazer

Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
If anyone has seen the movie The Departed, that's pretty much the storyline.

Straight from the back of the DVD Case:
Rookie cop Billy Costigan grew up in crime. That makes him the perfect mole, the man on the inside of the mob run by boss Frank Costello. It's his job to win Costello's trust and help his detective handlers bring Costello down. Meanwhile SIU officer Colin Sullivan has everyones trust. No one suspects he's Costello's mole.

So it's an Undercover guy in with the mob which Lettermaniac was refering to, but in the movie there's a twist where someone else is giving the mob inside info to keep them out of jail/well.. no dead. It's a good movie, funny how its nearly exactly what LM was talking about.
Old 06-14-2007   #11
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Just like I said in my other thread, I find this to be a possibility. I actually wouldn't MIND being a corrupt cop.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #12
Misturbate
Is this custom?

Misturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished roadMisturbate is on a distinguished road
Do you get to make the decision ingame? What if you refuse? Would the cops turn on you?
Misturbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #13
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Maybe its a crooked cop like Officer Tenpenney in San Andreas
Old 06-14-2007   #14
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe he is a corrupt cop like others have said, and he's handing Niko the badge so he can get access to an area of the Map or a certain place where only Police can enter (Need to show a Badge) and once Niko is inside, he has to kill a target and escape before anyone notices, and dumps the badge anywhere. After the mission the corrupt cop could just say that he got mugged in the street and some hoody stole his badge to cover his story.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #15
TwiztidDragonX
TwiztidDragonX

TwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished road
If I remember correctly didn't they say that the mafia had a small role in the game? Maybe you get involved with them only to flip or something like that.
TwiztidDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote