Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2007   #1
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

lcvcsa is an unknown quantity at this point
they should just put the demo online

i mean, we've all read about it 10 times, just put it online! im sick of hearing these editors talking about how niko's "motions are so beautiful" and how "he amazingly climbs the telephone poll". i know they have to keep secretive about it, but we can all describe the way the demo goes anyway. if rockstar wants to get out "how serious they are", they should show US, the gamers, the demo.
lcvcsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #2
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
It's not rockstar's style and I know many of the fans here would rather play the full game as this will just ruin the big surprise when the game actually comes out. If they were to release a demo, most of the us would play the demo to death and then find the actual game to be something that we played months ago and got bored of.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #3
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Demos like that are for end-users like Beta testers or news reporters. We, GTA fans, should wait for the final product, you know it's more worthy.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #4
manodemidas

manodemidas is an unknown quantity at this point
If they gave us the demo i wouldn't watch it... I just want the game to shock me
Old 05-28-2007   #5
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
As far as i know from GTA3 rockstar never made a demo publicly available. Plus it'd just spoil the whole thing for you.
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #6
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

how could it be spoiled! i know exactly what happens, and it has been described to me on numerous occaisions by several different people. show ME!
Old 05-28-2007   #7
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Rockstar is going to do what they have planned. Going to a forum and pining for a demo isn't going to make them change their minds. Just be patient and wait like the rest of us have to.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #8
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
I don't feel like a demo would even do the game justive at this point. Anyways, I'm pretty sure Rockstar KNOW what they're doing as some would say that they might have a bit more experience on the matter than say, for example, you lcvcsa?

If a demo was released, I for one wouldn't play it because I would much rather just wait for the end result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Demos kill the hype. Unfortunately not many developers notice this except R* and other smart ones.
Old 05-28-2007   #10
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
I still think that releasing the Halo 3 beta wasn't that great an idea, and I'm glad the Rockstar doesn't do that kind of thing. I prefer to get all the features at once instead of just some fast instant gratification that might very well ruin the complete experience later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Old 05-28-2007   #11
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

i dont mean an actual playable demo, i just mean the thing that they've been showing these magazines. the magazines haven't actually been playing the game, they've just been watching something where rockstar showcases some stuff. show it to me! rockstar said something about how they were showing the game off so soon because they wanted to tell everyone about how great their game is going to be, so show me that demo instead of some dude that works for some magazine!
Old 05-28-2007   #12
Lucky
That Guy

Something... Something like a trailer you mean? Done. But after some research for gameplay videos, here's what I found.

The official trailer however was pretty good at showing new stuff. You should take a look at this after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
Old 05-28-2007   #13
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Still would kill the hype, I believe at least. Any sort of demo would kill the hype. Gameplay clips, trailers, screenshots, information, that stuff doesn't.
Old 05-28-2007   #14
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

wouldnt it make the hype even bigger? i mean, if it killed the hype, that would mean that the demo isn't on par with our expectations. if that was so, then it would be a nice warning that the game is going to be a dissapointment. right? i'd rather know in advance of a dissapointment than be suprised by the graphics (which i've technically already seen). all im saying is that i want to see the thing that these magazine/website people have been talking about for nearly a month. no spoilers or any other crap, just the demo that they have described in detail. that's all.
Old 05-28-2007   #15
manodemidas

manodemidas is an unknown quantity at this point
What I mean is that I want to wait until the game is out, and don't want to get previously adviced of how it would be with a demo, that WOULD kill the hype, at least mine