Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2007   #1
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Preview from Xbox 360 Gamer Magazine (UK)

The magazine is already on sale. Scans would be up anytime.

Can't really expect of much new here, though I am not giving up my hope for tidbit of new things.

Edit:
It has arrived on the net. Summary of the 5-page preview as quoted from Matt's blog

Quote:

* The GTA IV demo starts in Broker
* Roman's Taxi Depot is in Broker
* You can pan the Camera from Left-to-Right
* You can also tilt the Camera Up and Down
* The Main Office (Taxi Depot) contains a Telephone, Desk, A Radio blaring out ethnic music
* The paint on the wall is chipped
* One pedestrian shouts "I don't see a guide dog!"
* Another pedestrian is yelling abuse down the receiver of a nearby payphone
* There are hobos hanging out and keeping warm around a fire drum
* If you push the analogue stick to the left, Niko will lean to the left in a very naturallistic way
* The dockside area is called Boabo
* Radio continues playing after you exit the vehicle
* So you can leave the ignition turned on
Link to the scan

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.

Last edited by Asif; 05-31-2007 at 07:26 AM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #2
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
more 'old news' canned 'new info'?? guess so

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #3
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
1st post has been updated with summary and link to scans. Enjoy!

Old 05-31-2007   #4
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
You can leave the ignition on? Wow. Um...I'm trying to come up with a use for that. Can anyone think of anything?

How about this? I figure that with the car being already on, it'll be easier to get away faster in case you're being chased by some gangs or the fuzz. Using this technique to strategically come up with a get away in case you're having trouble. Thing is, wouldn't this make it easier to get stolen?

Last edited by Himuro; 05-31-2007 at 09:09 AM..
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #5
Asif
Moderator =)

Yeah, that makes think of existence of controls for switching ignition on/off.
Though in San Andreas, if you leave a car with its door opened, the ignition is still turn on - you can still hear the engine sound. (Gotta play again SA to confirm it)

Old 05-31-2007   #6
Flip
Hi.

Flip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enough
Some pretty good info, thanks Asif. Although I hope details like this: ''The Main Office (Taxi Depot) contains a Telephone, Desk, A Radio blaring out ethnic music.'' won't be seen too much, it spoils my own exploring

And the ignition thing is also nice to see, nice realistic addition. I hope you can switch the lights on and off as well.
Old 05-31-2007   #7
Asif
Moderator =)

I've checked back from San Andreas. You still can hear the engine sound once you leave a car, whether the door is opened or not. However, I feel R* is going more in depth with the whole mechanism for a car.

Old 05-31-2007   #8
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point
What they really need to add is cars with Cruise control and the abilty to climb on top of the car while it's still rolling. Being able to decide whether or not you leave your car running doesn't seem all that usefull to me.
Old 05-31-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
More details on the demo, I like, but nothing much new here. Thanks, Asif.
Old 05-31-2007   #10
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Nothing new really.

And yeah, leaving the ignition on has always been a feature, you could never turn your cars off in GTA. You'd get in a parked one, it'd start up and then be on forever.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #11
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
This article also states Bellic is pronounced 'Bell-ish'.

I don't know about everyone else but I always thought it was pronounced Bell-lick. =/
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #12
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Hmmm, I'm a little sketchy on that, I'll probably be saying Neeko Bellick up until I hear his name said in the game.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #13
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Bell-ish? Those crazy names. This is just like what happened with me with San Andreas. Before I actually heard the name spoken by Don LaFontaine in the first trailer, I had always said "San An-dree-is" rather "San An-dray-es".
Old 06-02-2007   #14
Asif
Moderator =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Patient
This article also states Bellic is pronounced 'Bell-ish'.

I don't know about everyone else but I always thought it was pronounced Bell-lick. =/
Shouldn't it have been pronounced as "Bell-ich". I mean the 'c' at the end of the name of people from European countries like Croatia, Czech republic, Serbia is pronounced as 'ch'.

Old 06-02-2007   #15
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
That would seem more apt that 'Bellish'. Maybe just an overlooked typo in the magazine? Either that or they're just plain wrong.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote