Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2007   #16
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
I'm quite sure they'll implant trunk opening in there, but draging bodies in it will be just too Hitman-ish.. doesn't seem they would do that in a GTA game..
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #17
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe, for one of the side missions, you will need to deliver weapons or other illegal goods such as drugs and put in the trunk of the car which will involve opening/closing the trunk.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #18
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I believe there should be some new screens, as well, in the magazine. As it's the july issue of OXM (only subscribers got it so much earlier) and most previews coming in the next month will focus more on gameplay.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #19
manodemidas

manodemidas is an unknown quantity at this point
It woul d be really nice to leave weapons in your trunk, and, combined with that wish of the "owned" car, you could have your own car with your own weapons in it... that would be quite good
Old 05-28-2007   #20
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
If i had to use it and if the Main Guy had a Stamina limit based on how many things you carry with you then if store all my Weapons inside and leave the car somewhere i can find it and without too many thugs around to steal it.

Also would be useful to stash a small amount of stolen items if House Robbing was still possible
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #21
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I thought I'll just search around in the Xbox forums for these infos, it worked out well enough.

There's not much new they have talked about, putting up the points from this guy's post...

- You can store stuffs in the trunks of cars.
- Cars are now more realistic, suspension will react to the streets below and more realistic damage modeling.
- Jacking a locked car is a one-button job but shows him putting an elbow through the window and hotwiring it.
- You can hear radios from other cars.
- Target system appeared to be a free-look model, similar to Saints Row, but R* hasn't confirmed anything about it.
- Seagulls, Cigaretes, Cell phones are all ambient.

Old 05-28-2007   #22
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
Trunk stuff is wanted for a long time. Pretty great, but not gta-ish (as said before)

off-topic: I think it's taking a long time before something REALLY new comes out...
Since we got the trailer, there came just...a few things, a few pictures every months or so...

Last edited by WiM; 05-28-2007 at 12:14 PM..
WiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #23
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
- You can hear radios from other cars.
whoah! something that i wanted in san andreas. Leaving your car on bumping those tracks when you're chilling with your homies but that never happened.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #24
Larry Novellino
Larry Novellino - Waconia High School, Minnesota

Larry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
Hmm, I'm sketchy on this. But if it's true, it's for the better. You could shove a couple of RPG's in there instead of weighing Niko down, the unrealistic way
This was done in True Crime: NYC.
Larry Novellino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #25
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Music coming from passing cars was one of the things that I wanted to see in IV, glad its there. I like the idea of storing things in your trunk as well. What would you put in there? Weapons or something else?
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #26
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
I'm going to collect cops and put them in the trunk, then drive off a bridge.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #27
GtaMan93
INTJ

GtaMan93 is an unknown quantity at this point
awsome
GtaMan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #28
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauwee
This was done in True Crime: NYC.
Yeah I know, I found it quite fun to be able to fill your boot with whatever.

Asif, him saying you can stick "stuff" in the boot is quite general Could mean bodies, guns, or anything.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007   #29
Asif
Moderator =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
Asif, him saying you can stick "stuff" in the boot is quite general Could mean bodies, guns, or anything.
Hahaha! We need to wait for confirmation on grabbing and carrying bodies.

Old 05-28-2007   #30
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Would love to see grabbing/dragging objects and people, in a similar way to that feature in Oblivion. Hold L1 on foot (since it does nothing while on foot, except stats in SA) and press square while holding L1 to pick up/carry it.