Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2007   #31
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I should be able to do a video, might take a day or two. I've done it running from the North West corner to the North East corner as there are almost no things to get in your way.

More on topic. Perhaps the hour across LC in GTAIV can be more believeable if the streets are all in close blocks, i.e. very little open road to speed across town.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #32
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Ah, west to east. Well that I have more ease believing, but still sounds a bit short. Look forward to the video. Okay, now back on topic.
Old 05-26-2007   #33
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86
More on topic. Perhaps the hour across LC in GTAIV can be more believeable if the streets are all in close blocks, i.e. very little open road to speed across town.
Like I said:

Quote:
- An hour? Could be possible, by foot only. A train would shrink it, as would taking a bus (I think we'll be able to do that) or a chopper. You might have noticed in one of the screens (the one looking at BOABO and the bridge) and the trailer how much more traffic there is.
There'll be huge amounts of traffic, and I can actually believe somewhere around an hour. Or maybe 30 minutes. I mean, let's start from BOABO. We've got to get up onto the bridge, walk across this very long bridge, walk through Algonquin (difficult with so many buildings) and then take another bridge I suppose to Alderny. It also sounds like springting won't be as easy, with Niko being 35 - 40 years old and having his center of gravity and weight shift.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #34
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
That video I said I'd do

And more on topic: Hasn't the weather affected things since GTAIII in that cars would slide more in the rain and fog/sandstorms caused reduced visibilty. It's nice that GTAIV has this, but I didn't think it was new. No doubt it'll be better in IV though.
Old 05-27-2007   #35
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
That can't be true if it's a similar size to SA, unless they've heavily changed the movement speeds or meant at walking speed. SA took about 10 minutes running the width of it.
Er, obviously, by "getting to the other end" they mean going from the nortwest corner to the southeast corner, and not in a straight line either. In a dense city the size of San Andreas, that's going to take a hell lot more than 10 minutes.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007   #36
Jimmy_86
Think!

Ofcourse ZCAB, but A) they didn't say whether it was on foot or in car (surely not an hour in a car!), and B) an hour is still too much, if the place is the same/smaller than SA unless there is some serious zig zagging.
Old 05-27-2007   #37
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
That video I said I'd do

And more on topic: Hasn't the weather affected things since GTAIII in that cars would slide more in the rain and fog/sandstorms caused reduced visibilty. It's nice that GTAIV has this, but I didn't think it was new. No doubt it'll be better in IV though.
It was implemented, but it was always an after thought. It didn't FEEL like a big difference.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote