Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2007   #16
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
all this is very interesting, HMmmm 1 hour i wonder whats goin on there but they did say that they wasnt gonna put loads of traffic in cuz it wouldent be much fun :s
im liking the weater having more significance in this, as its been said, but how?
almostrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #17
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
It will probably affect driving, walking in general, Peds reactions and hopefully the graphics for the weather will be alot more tense and detailed

But there is alot more stuff that could be used with different weather
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #18
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
I think i am going to pull an Eric Cartman [southpark] and freeze myself until october 16, i cannot wait for this game.

also, did anyone check out those scans?
if so are there any new ones?

Last edited by monkio; 05-26-2007 at 01:22 PM..
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #19
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
with gtasa they released so much information before release the game lost most of its appeal in the end
Old 05-26-2007   #20
SimonS
Pffft.

SimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of lightSimonS is a glorious beacon of light
True

I want this to be like GTA3 all over again
Old 05-26-2007   #21
Him

Him will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enough
whats a bonet?
Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #22
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Him
whats a bonet?
The front hood of a car, in the UK an many other culture's it is often refered to as a " Bonet "

This is the place on a car wear you access the engine(or trunk if rear engine; such as VW for example)

Hope that cleared up your question, it is a common querry.
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #23
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
I was looking at one of the scans and it said:

"Don't expect the more fantastical elements of past titles, such as jet packs, bikes, and so on."

I hope they don't take out bicycles and motorcycles, those were a great addition and to be honest added more realism.
Pivotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #24
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

They certanly won't take out motorcycles as far as i know from the reviews, and they would be making a big mistake.

I think they meant the unrealistic things. A jetpack in San Andreas was like a acid trip gone bad.
Old 05-26-2007   #25
m4rcj3sus

m4rcj3sus is an unknown quantity at this point
thats why i feel that gta sa will be the best gta ever, because in scope there were sooooooo many options, and yes some of them were over the top. but who cares i loved it and R* is an over the top company.

i fear that this gta is going to be too serious and lose some of the trademark humor that is one of the best features of the game...maybe there wont be a jet pack, but how about the naked cowboy in times square lol

just my 2 cents..
m4rcj3sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #26
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rcj3sus
thats why i feel that gta sa will be the best gta ever, because in scope there were sooooooo many options, and yes some of them were over the top. but who cares i loved it and R* is an over the top company.

i fear that this gta is going to be too serious and lose some of the trademark humor that is one of the best features of the game...maybe there wont be a jet pack, but how about the naked cowboy in times square lol

just my 2 cents..
I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Quote:
"Those satirical elements and a lot of the things that were at the core of GTA have been carried over, but just in a new kind of setting. It's darker and grittier, both aesthetically, and from a storyline perspective as well, but it hasn't lost its sense of humour - it's still GTA."
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #27
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Thanks Asif.

- Nice to hear we're finally getting an across - bonnet view. Maybe we'll be able to see the steering wheel too.

- We've heard a lot about the lack of peds and cars at night. I think Rockstar are really proud of it, I think it'll be a great contrast.

- An hour? Could be possible, by foot only. A train would shrink it, as would taking a bus (I think we'll be able to do that) or a chopper. You might have noticed in one of the screens (the one looking at BOABO and the bridge) and the trailer how much more traffic there is.

- Sounds like getting arrested may lead you to spend some time in a cell (say, 30 seconds).
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #28
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Love the sound of that in car camera. Been hoping for that. All other details are great too. Been late on information these past 24 hours due to limited wireless internet (out of town this weekend). Thanks, Asif!
Old 05-26-2007   #29
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk
Umm no? To run the width of SA would take nearly 30-40 mins =|
Umm, no? I'm talking about running in a straight line, from one side to the other, not following the roads, not running around obsticles like buildings just a straight line. You can do this along the northern egde of San Andreas, I've timed it and it takes about 10 minutes if CJ has full stamina. Why would I lie, and if I've timed it, why would I be wrong. =| Do it yourself and see.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #30
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
10 minutes running in a straight line? North to south (or vice versa)? Seems a little too quick, but who knows. If you could get a video or something, it'd be greatly appreciated. That's getting a bit off topic though, so once you reply to this, from there on back on topic.