Old 05-25-2007   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
InsideGamer Preview

InsideGamer Preview

Ozziefest at GTAForums was kind enough to translate the few new details out of this.

Quote:
  • Pedestirans will remember you in the game. For example, if someone witnesses you shoot down a cop, and you happen to cross paths with this person later, they will scream and run away, even though at that moment you did nothing wrong.
  • Rockstar will reveal 30% of the game pre-release. The other 70% is left for you to discover on your own!
Pedestrians remembering you.. well the sound of that sure hints towards the idea that every person in this game is unique. And until October, only 30% of the game released, based on what we know thus far, there is a lot to know about GTA IV.

Last edited by Slim Trashman; 05-25-2007 at 01:06 PM..
Slim Trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #2
m4rcj3sus

m4rcj3sus is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope them worrying about the peds so much wont take away from the actual gameplay

Currently playing san andreas....AGAIN
m4rcj3sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #3
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Goddamit! Must try to not look at new info. Must try! But I looked at this tidbit and I just pissed my pants. I wonder what happens if you do GOOD things like save people in ambulances.

Last edited by Himuro; 05-25-2007 at 01:17 PM..
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #4
Flip
Hi.

Flip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Pedestirans will remember you in the game. For example, if someone witnesses you shoot down a cop, and you happen to cross paths with this person later, they will scream and run away, even though at that moment you did nothing wrong.
That's just awesome. Not that's it's useful in any way or something, just the fact that IV has this level of realism. It indeed shows how unique they all are. I wonder if it's only for crimes, though. I mean, what if there's any way to do good things, like the Ambulance side missions (if they're going to return). Will the ped you saved remember you, too?

And wow, 30%?! This game is going to be huge...
Old 05-25-2007   #5
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Only one way to sort this little ped problem out then, *pulls out chainsaw*
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Man.. So if you went on a rampage just killing cops and never killed a single Ped. You would have a whole army of them just screaming even if you didn't do anything for the last 2 days ingame?
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #7
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Man.. So if you went on a rampage just killing cops and never killed a single Ped. You would have a whole army of them just screaming even if you didn't do anything for the last 2 days ingame?
lol.

I think maybe they meant that if you run into the exact same ped. Not a respawn of them. Which means you'd have to run into them a few minutes after they ran away.
Old 05-25-2007   #8
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Ah then i misunderstood, i was thinking the peds would have a portion of memory for anything you did incriminating for a few days then just reset
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #9
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Great to hear about this ridiculous level of detail. Also, leaving 70% of the game for us to explore and find out is good, as we'll be constantly given surprises.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #10
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
Great to hear about this ridiculous level of detail. Also, leaving 70% of the game for us to explore and find out is good, as we'll be constantly given surprises.
True. It just means these next few months will be a little harder.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #11
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Nice find there Slim.
Quote:
Pedestirans will remember you in the game. For example, if someone witnesses you shoot down a cop, and you happen to cross paths with this person later, they will scream and run away, even though at that moment you did nothing wrong.
This is exciting to me. Though I can expect to shut their scream permanently after I kill them and they won't remember me after re-spawing. Otherwise, it'll be get annoying.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote