Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2007   #31
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Where does it mention 9/11? I'm still reading.
If you are reading GamesRadar one, you'll get to it.

Quote:
Isn't he forbidden to try and sue Rockstar games or Take2 ever again? That's as far as i know the agreement they signed places.
Ah yes, of course, I forgot about that.
Good reminder.

Sorry for slight off-topic: Back to the preview.
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #32
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I'm trying to get a working link to the gamesrader preview.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #33
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Try this- http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/gam...08105930968037

Seems, PS3 fans aren't as excited as X360 fans as the PS3 preview of GTA4 doesn't have a blown server :p

For lazy people, here is that bit I was talking about by the way:
Quote:
Rockstar has stated that 9/11, or a fictional version of it, will feature in the story line of the game at some level.
Old 05-24-2007   #34
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by antena
Seems, PS3 fans aren't as excited as X360 fans as the PS3 preview of GTA4 doesn't have a blown server :p
That proves absolutely nothing? Good find with the link.
Old 05-24-2007   #35
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

I know man, I was kidding, hence the ":p"
It wasn't very obvious though ¬_¬

Quote:
Good find with the link.
Thanks, it took me years of research :p
This one is more obvious.
Old 05-24-2007   #36
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Oh and the whole 9/11 thing they were relating to. They meant that in the game, that had happened in the "past", so there would be referrals to it as if it had happened 6 years earlier Liberty City.
Old 05-24-2007   #37
Himuro

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Oh man. Can you imagine the radio with 9/11 talk? lmao Oh god.
Old 05-24-2007   #38
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
dear god, this game is gonna kick ass.

Edit: On one of the pics, there is a Daily Globe newspaper stand. You think we might get a newspaper ingame?

Last edited by T-Virus; 05-24-2007 at 01:24 PM..
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #39
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Wonder if the infamous Darkel will get mentioned around the LC 9/11, after all, he was never mentioned in the GTA3 saga as he was cut from the game.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #40
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/...4093349557.jpg

this is a killer screenshot, like, it has the best cold atmosphere, I like it very much.. look at the storm that's coming, beautiful..
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #41
Himuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGAMES
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/...4093349557.jpg

this is a killer screenshot, like, it has the best cold atmosphere, I like it very much.. look at the storm that's coming, beautiful..
Hell yes. That looks like a completely different departure from past games when it gets stormy, the atmosphere completely changes it seems this time.
Old 05-24-2007   #42
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
Check out the new Yardie too, this is actually showing that the game isn't perfect, low quality textures on that guy, but still better than any previous ped model.
I noticed the textures too, but I must say, I don't think he's a Yardie, as Yardies were Jamaican, and the guy's belt is not the Jamaican flag, it's some other flag. And his necklace is an Africa pendant.

Look at the Go-Go Space monkey arcade machine in the background.
Old 05-24-2007   #43
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
its a African flag.
hence, the colors? =P

and yeah, Go-Go Monkey should be new to Niko. lol
Old 05-24-2007   #44
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Interesing Preview and a good read, can't wait until the game comes out! Gamesradar isn't working for me too either.

As for the 9/11 thing, I think that if something like a plane crashing into a building happens, I don't think it would be a direct referance too it. Probably the plane accidentally crashing into a building, but that is just what I think.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #45
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
woww!!!
while some of those Textures are ugly as shit its just the beta so i know it will look absolutly amaazzing
i thought this was intresting
Quote:
This is not the GTA we knew before. It's even more adult (if that's possible), deals with serious issues,
i wonder what those "Serious Issues" will be. maybe somthing like the War in Iraq or somthing like that.
found somthing about the weapons:
if you look in this shot you can see the Pistol(looks like a Glock) on the left side near the end of the screen.

Last edited by Havok; 05-24-2007 at 07:07 PM..
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote