Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2007   #61
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Anyway, I am putting the translated (thorough Systran) and 'un-rephrased' part that had talked about the cellphone.

Quote:
However, after parking close to the dock berth and observing the bridge that will leverá it for Manhattan, the rich part of the city, the face pulls a telephone, that shows to all its contacts. Here the part most important of the demonstration starts probably: the proper Niko makes the linking.

For who he is not fan of the series can seem a trivial detail, but the fact of being able to control the contacts modifies all the structure of missions of the game. Instead of only receiving phone calls, now you yourselves it makes the linkings and it arranges the meetings and the projects - finally, since nobody supported to receive orders all the time. For what we could notice, the cellular one will be connected to the peripheral structure of the missions, a characteristic that it of the freedom not to explore Liberty City: to choose the way that wants to take between the tasks central offices, to know the areas, to interact with the gangs, everything in its way. It more than swims to have that to appeal to a paid telephone.
Let's see what more you guys can figure out from this!

Edit (After 5 days): Ah, I've found the exact english (and more detailed as it seems) version of the brazil preview at here.

Typing out the actual english part,
Quote:
Niko parks down by the blue collar docks and exits the stolen saloon. He walks right up to the waterfront, past a building called Twitchins, which is a version of Brooklyn's landmark Domino's Sugar Factory. An idling animation raises his right foot forward and sets it on the broken concrete wall of a wharf as he looks thoughtfully accross the water. Broker Bridge spans the expanse to his left, stretching across to the slightly blurred Manhattan skyline, which curls across the wide horizon from uptown to downtown, familiar skyscrapers glowing as the sun hits. Seagulls hawk and scream as they swoop for fishy breakfasts and Niko takes all in, a stranger in a strange land that's familiar yet unexplored. It's an exciting prospect for him, as for us, and the promise in the air is tangible. Apparently satisfied with his outlook. Niko pulls out a cellphone with a broad PDA-style blue screen. A larger version of the cellphone pops up in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, so that you can actually use its address book and function. In perhaps the most significant part of the whole demo. Niko places a call. This has massive implications for GTAIV's mission structure, meaning that for the first time in the franchise, you'll be deciding who to contact, when to set up meetings, whether you're going to hook up with shady friends, or pitch for 'jobs' with gang contacts. It looks like your mobile will be the hub of your peripheral mission structure,a core feature that will give you even more freedom to explore Liberty City's boroughs, ganglands, skies and waterways, following your own paths off the central story missions. No more racing to ringing payphones to accept handed-down objectives. This time you are making, as well as taking the calls. And that's a very powerful feature. With multiplayer confirmed, but no details divulged beyond "No MMO", we imagine this could be a great way to contact Friends in the Xbox live game world for co-op and possibly even versus missions and bust-ups. The possibilities are manifold and we can't wait for more revelations.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.

Last edited by Asif; 05-29-2007 at 02:57 PM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #62
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Haha the first version is hilarious

But really, great little information there. One of the screens shows this sugar factory (the dark, seaside one) and I think the shot looking over Niko's shoulder when he is holding the machine gun is set there too. I'd say it is gonna be one of the first missions.

Also, they're really stressing how much potential that cellphone has. It's gonna be a huge part of the game.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007   #63
manodemidas

manodemidas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
I have touched theshort notes, photo captions and short paragraph by now, yet to go through the detailed part. Some mentionable points that seemed to me are,

- The reporters have found ship, boat, car, motorcycle, subway, train, helicopter and cable car. (during translating this para, I've stumbled into a "mountain-Russian", anyone got idea what this could be?)
Sorry, I think I'm a little late, but "Montaña Rusa" means Rollercoaster, just read that and wanted to help

I think peds AI will be the best and favorite improvement of the game...
Old 05-29-2007   #64
Enemyinsurgent
dɒmɪneɪ

Enemyinsurgent is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome, glad theres swimming.

Enemyinsurgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #65
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by manodemidas
Sorry, I think I'm a little late, but "Montaña Rusa" means Rollercoaster, just read that and wanted to help
Ah, Thanks for your contribution.
Just updated the first page with it.

@ Lettermaniac: You mean this >< photo, right? Possible I think, the interior does seem to be based on a factory.

Last edited by Asif; 05-30-2007 at 01:54 AM..
Old 05-30-2007   #66
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Yeah, I'm thinking that. Like I said maybe this is where the game goes after the demo that the media have been playing ends. Niko does say "meet me at the docks" aswell.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #67
Asif
Moderator =)

Should have read the caption earlier. This one, indeed, is the "Twitchins" sugar factory.

Last edited by Asif; 05-30-2007 at 10:23 AM..
Old 05-30-2007   #68
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Pothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished road
About that cell phone, I was going to post a forum about a navigator, it shows like your stats, derection. little map, kinda like other games have, you either click select, or any other button, and a list comes up of things to do, maybe they might have things like Game Percentage done, and other stuff.. hopfully.

Don't fucking fall in love with people.
Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you.
The one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you.
Appreciate them to the fullest extent, and then beyond.
'Cause you never really know what you've got, until it's gone..
Pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #69
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
The cell phone info and all is a great tidbit, good game asif.

But this is what really amazed me....

Quote:
Seagulls hawk and scream as they swoop for fishy breakfasts and Niko takes all in... blah
Holy shit @ the detail that's in this game.
Old 05-30-2007   #70
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I bet they'll have mini games on the cell phone. What would own even more is if they implement GTA 1 or GTA 2 as a minigame.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #71
manodemidas

manodemidas is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, that would be really fun... lol never thought of that
Old 05-30-2007   #72
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Pothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished road
ya the cell phone thing wouldn't be too bad, I hope they have something like that, you have info for your character, maybe info on percentage of game, percentage of missions done, which missions are available.

Don't fucking fall in love with people.
Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you.
The one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you.
Appreciate them to the fullest extent, and then beyond.
'Cause you never really know what you've got, until it's gone..
Pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #73
Asif
Moderator =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp
Holy shit @ the detail that's in this game.
Surprisingly it's the only magazine (360 magazine of UK) giving details like that, I wonder if they were 100% true with the details.