Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2007   #46
FireFox2
15 February 2002 Happy Anniversary

FireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
they probably will keep them, but maybe toned them down a tad. No fance starfish island mansions here..
A highrise penthouse, would do just finel,lol.

Last edited by FireFox2; 05-24-2007 at 12:22 AM..
FireFox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #47
washablemarker
Amateur Member

washablemarker is on a distinguished roadwashablemarker is on a distinguished road
i wonder how in depth mugging will be. i can't wait for the first time someone refuses to give me their money, and i beat their ass.

the cellphone was kinda lame in saints row....

and sitting back and enjoying a taxi ride would b mind blowing for the first few weeks of play, but would then probably develop into another annoyance. riding in a train though. now that would be endless fun. imagine if you could have fist fights atop a moving train like in the movies. have they said anything about hand combat. i could of swore i heard something about that before.
washablemarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #48
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Awright, so I'm done with the interview part (with Dan Houser) and a major part in the middle of the preview.

- Niko was on the streets of Broker during the demonstration was given and the time was around 8 o'clock in the morning.

- Variation in AI of peds has been worked out massively compared to San Andreas. Peds will now stop to meet with each other in the streets, ask for cigarettes, ask the time. They have got diversity in answers to all these queries.

- Yet to be said on the Police AI, it’ll be featured in the next demo (possibly the previews in next month may have mention of that!)

- R* promises to work more on improving the camera angles, seen during the demonstration.

- 'Some' of the skyscrapers are accessible to Nico. He can go up in them and push people off the buildings.

- Nico's Cell phone now will act as the peripheral structure of the missions. Nico can choose any mission contact through it, so now you won't have to travel the Liberty city to reach them.
(I haven't yet come across anything that relates the cellphone with game progress)

Last edited by Asif; 05-23-2007 at 02:14 PM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #49
will99
Banned
Banned

will99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished road
Thnax for that Asif, I like the pics very much, can't WAIT to play the game.
will99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #50
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Nice, Asif. Sounds like a nice break with being able to start missions by calling the providers via your cell phone. I do hope this will be an option, or won't be the case all the time. I like to actually drive to the actual locations. Really would like to hear all the details on this, because I'm slightly confused. Will this just trigger a cell phone call where you're given instructions on what to do, or actually automatically transport you to the mission trigger location and start a cutscene?
Old 05-23-2007   #51
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Yeah, I am interested to know about all that. Way of mission triggering is kept in dark probably because of that the reporters couldn't go further more details on the demo. Let's wait for the next previews, that obviously will be based on new demos.
Old 05-23-2007   #52
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Within the next probably 3 weeks at the earliest we'll being seeing them, followed by internet previews on gaming sites (GameSpot, IGN, etc).
Old 05-23-2007   #53
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
I am going to mug so many freaking peds, I'll be ritch biatch

haha but seriously, thats awsome.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #54
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Great Asif, best to wait it out....tho speculation is fun. In real life you can call the job/or go to the job...you choose ( same way with save locations)so if R* gives Niko the choice(you the player) would that be likely?; given the nature of the game(GTAtype)?

Last edited by FG; 05-23-2007 at 04:34 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #55
Asif
Moderator =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG
Great Asif, best to wait it out....tho speculation is fun. In real life you can call the job/or go to the job...you choose ( same way with save locations)so if R* gives Niko the choice(you the player) would that be likely?; given the nature of the game(GTAtype)?
The guys at reporting just had an overview of how the basic objectives of the cellphone would be. We'll have to wait to get into depth of it.
Old 05-23-2007   #56
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Nice, well hopefully we won't have to wait too long for that. Really curious about small details like this.
Old 05-23-2007   #57
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the news, this is starting to sound better and better and i cannot wait to get it.
truekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #58
Jonny-essex19
Banned
Banned

Jonny-essex19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet, I loved the pictures there. Im getting more and more hyped for this game as the days go by. Thanks.
Jonny-essex19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #59
Jerome-
Banned
Banned

Jerome- is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't wait to push someone off of a skyscraper
Jerome- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007   #60
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
Awright, so I'm done with the interview part (with Dan Houser) and a major part in the middle of the preview.

- Niko was on the streets of Broker during the demonstration was given and the time was around 8 o'clock in the morning.

- Variation in AI of peds has been worked out massively compared to San Andreas. Peds will now stop to meet with each other in the streets, ask for cigarettes, ask the time. They have got diversity in answers to all these queries.

- Yet to be said on the Police AI, itíll be featured in the next demo (possibly the previews in next month may have mention of that!)

- R* promises to work more on improving the camera angles, seen during the demonstration.

- 'Some' of the skyscrapers are accessible to Nico. He can go up in them and push people off the buildings.

- Nico's Cell phone now will act as the peripheral structure of the missions. Nico can choose any mission contact through it, so now you won't have to travel the Liberty city to reach them.
(I haven't yet come across anything that relates the cellphone with game progress)
Good to hear this. I agree with Slim though, I like how you must drive to a contact to start a mission, I hope you can still do that if you want to. Though the fact that the whole game will really be based around the cellphone is good, it's realistic of the times.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote