Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2007   #16
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Sure the having to save at a safe house thing is annoying, but to be honest, it's one of the things that makes GTA so different from other games, makes it seem like you're in a real world with no fast traveling, no stopping just anywhere, you know?
Old 05-21-2007   #17
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
It would be great with the cell phone save possibility. But wouldn't that kinda ruin the point of safehouses?
I like the safehouses, and hope R* will make more use of then other than garages, clothing and save points.
It's the feel of "living" in a GTA city. And you gotta have some homes, hopefully packed with stuff to do.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #18
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Ability to save the game anywhere at anytime would kill the game in a way. GTA is so unique I couldn't classify it the same way to any other game. Completely free roaming game, no main menus, no saving any random place. It's just you and a big world of opportunities. It's like a criminal's real life simulator.
Old 05-21-2007   #19
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Virus
It would be great with the cell phone save possibility. But wouldn't that kinda ruin the point of safehouses?
I like the safehouses, and hope R* will make more use of then other than garages, clothing and save points.
It's the feel of "living" in a GTA city. And you gotta have some homes, hopefully packed with stuff to do.
oh yeah I most want that as well , no modern device can replace the save house ...it is a speceil part of the...
GTA world. If combined in the proper way ; it could just be awesome! I 'm hoping R* has the thinking hat on,lol.

Some thing's they gotta know is their bread an butter...you think?<> BTW is there a Smilely praying?

The suspense is killin me!

Last edited by FG; 05-21-2007 at 07:09 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #20
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Ability to save the game anywhere at anytime would kill the game in a way. GTA is so unique I couldn't classify it the same way to any other game. Completely free roaming game, no main menus, no saving any random place. It's just you and a big world of opportunities. It's like a criminal's real life simulator.
Exactly. In Vice City, after playing a while, you get attached to the mansion. It feels like your home. I always drove back there to save my game.

The cellphone could instead work like if you called a taxi, it would appear after some time, and then you could choose to skip the trip back to your safehouse.
Old 05-21-2007   #21
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Or instead of trip skip you could sit back and enjoy the view from inside the taxi, or swap to different camera modes, perform a drive by or bail out randomly, no radio station control though, that's not realistic, and not something "big" enough to become "annoyingly realistic".
Old 05-21-2007   #22
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

And when you pay and walk out of the taxi, you shoot him in the head and take back your cash

I have waited for the ability to ride with a taxi since GTA 3. It would be sweet to finally be the passenger for once.
Old 05-21-2007   #23
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Or you can refuse to pay and automatically receive a one or two star wanted level. I'd like to see more choices like this being in the game, but not in a "gamish" way. A message does not pop up telling you to hit one button or the other, you walk around to the driver and pay.
Old 05-21-2007   #24
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

Quote:
Or you can refuse to pay and automatically receive a one or two star wanted level. .
I'd like that. But as you say, it should happen naturally in the game. Not like a box on screen asking YES or NO.

This also goes for the different gangs. I'd like a system kind of like the respect meter in GTA 2. Not that litterally, but say if you kill a lot of one kind, they would start shooting at you at sight. Everything you do should get consequenses.
Old 05-21-2007   #25
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Exactly my point. Everything in the game should occur naturally, no messages should ever appear unless they are tutorials/instructions on how to do specific things.
Old 05-21-2007   #26
m4rcj3sus

m4rcj3sus is an unknown quantity at this point
nice thanks asif, peds are key because they are the world.if theyre dumb it just doesnt seem as real.

Currently playing san andreas....AGAIN
m4rcj3sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #27
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

Tutorials are fine.

What's really been into my mind is open ended missions. This, and the consequense-part could mix well together.
You remember the Salvatore mission in III right? Where you must kill him wen he leaves the club? I killed that guy over and over. From different angles with a sniper, car bombs, drive-by's everything. It's one of my favorite missions, since you could decide what to do.

I really hope there will be more of those kind. Fex, if you need to kill a gang leader whos surrounded by bodyguards all the time.. If you stalk him for a couple of days to see his habits, you could kill him in a moment where noone sees it. By doing this, noone in that gang will know it was you. You won't get any trouble driving through their neighbourhood the day after.
But if you kill(or try to kill) him in a way that other members of the gang sees you, they will hate you, and fire at you instantly. Then you would have to rebuild their trust to get a quiet pass through their turf.

This way, the game would be a lot more dynamic. Relations will go back and fourth, and you will face different attitude from the gangs as the game goes.

Last edited by T-Virus; 05-21-2007 at 08:17 PM..
Old 05-22-2007   #28
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
1st post has been edited with links to the scans.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #29
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Quote:
In 2004 GameSpot had San Andreas Saturday where every Saturday they would have a new preview up based specifically on one aspect of the game. Perhaps we'll see the same with GTA IV. There's just so much more to know.
I hope that's the case with IV, there wont be enough Saturdays to cover the game then, R* ar sticking to the " Things Will Be Different " moto.

Thanks for posting this Asif. <3
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #30
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

It's odd. It almost seems like at this point we've learned all there is to know, but looking to the next couple months pre-release, there's so much more Rockstar could share that are going to come completely unexpected.