Old 05-30-2007   #1
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
Custom Radio

I posted a while back that i would love it if there were unlockable songs within IV, new radio stations and DJ segments but i was thinking the other day would it be possible to record your own radio station? Do loads of fill ins and put your own playlist up?

I'm sure some clever bugger out there would know how to do it. The pc would be ideal but with the huge memory of the Gen7 consoles would they be able to as well?

You'd be able to upload them to the web for other people to use. I'm sure you can get fan commentary for dvd releases on the web so why not full radio stations?

i haven't been in here in a couple of weeks so i apologise if this idea has already been posted.
jammsbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #2
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I'm all in on the customizable radio, but I think the GTA 4 radios should be a final product at release.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #3
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
surely it would be possible for people to make their own though?
Old 05-30-2007   #4
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I am 99% sure we will be able to make our own custom radio stations. The xbox had custom radio, the pc had custom radio, and so did the PSP. I imagine Rockstar using an mp3 codec for the ps3 and whatever codec the xbox 360 converts it's audio into.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #5
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic
I am 99% sure we will be able to make our own custom radio stations. The xbox had custom radio, the pc had custom radio, and so did the PSP. I imagine Rockstar using an mp3 codec for the ps3 and whatever codec the xbox 360 converts it's audio into.
The Xbox can read MP3 files too, even games that don't have custom soundtracks, you can go into the Xbox Menu and select a song to play over the game. The PS3 can handle any Audio codec via Cell so I'm certain at least MP3, WMA (from PS3 Firmware) and OGG (from GTAIV Audio Engine) will work right off.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #6
jammsbro
Autodrunk

sweeeeeeeeet. do you think you'll be able to upload and share radio stations? and is it possible to create your own skits?
jammsbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Sure it's possible to create your own skits/commercials, you just have to have the equipment and talent to do so.
Old 05-30-2007   #8
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammsbro
sweeeeeeeeet. do you think you'll be able to upload and share radio stations? and is it possible to create your own skits?
If you really wanted to then yes, you could make your own commercials or music or whatever and use it in game, just a matter of making it on a PC and moving the audio files to the PS3/360. If you wanted to share them with other people, just a matter of putting your created files in a Zip folder and sending them on.

Edit: Oh Snap Slim, well, mines more detailed
Old 05-30-2007   #9
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
what would be neat is if you could change every song in the radio, like change the songs on the rap station to rap songs you like etc.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Just custom radio, that idea would kill the whole idea of a soundtrack in the game, and wouldn't be right when the DJ's would announce what songs are next or just played.
Old 05-30-2007   #11
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
wouldnt be that hard for it to read the file name off.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #12
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

You don't understand, for the DJ to be able to read the song title on the radio station, they would have to record a shit load of audio to pronounce it properly, it would sound like Microsoft Sam. Plus, the coding to do this would be very complex, replacing tracks, etc. Don't know all the specifics of this, just that a custom tracks station would be much easier to do than your idea.
Old 05-30-2007   #13
Jerome-
Banned
Banned

Jerome- is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm hoping for custom soundtracks to return. Just in case I don't like the music they decide for the radio stations, it'd be nice to jam your own music.
Jerome- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007   #14
Ash_735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome-
I'm hoping for custom soundtracks to return. Just in case I don't like the music they decide for the radio stations, it'd be nice to jam your own music.
They WILL be back, Almost Certain, The Xbox 360 lets you use Custom songs on ANY game in the first place, that kind of sealed the deal.
Old 05-31-2007   #15
Zoraya

Zoraya will become famous soon enoughZoraya will become famous soon enoughZoraya will become famous soon enoughZoraya will become famous soon enoughZoraya will become famous soon enoughZoraya will become famous soon enoughZoraya will become famous soon enoughZoraya will become famous soon enough
I would like to be able to select my favourite tracks from the stock radio stations and have them play on another.
Zoraya is offline   Reply With Quote