Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2007   #31
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
In reality a car is stolen every 60 seconds or less all around the world. If you were car jacked before you would know it doesn't take a alot of strength to get you out of there
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007   #32
washablemarker
Amateur Member

washablemarker is on a distinguished roadwashablemarker is on a distinguished road
^^ especially considering you as a driver are totally unsuspecting. and if they're totin a pistol... well then it's even easier for them to remove you. i mean, i don't know many people who would rather get shot than car jacked.
washablemarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007   #33
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
so are they gonna make up liek 30,000 fucking street names or what?
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007   #34
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Who knows. I just think there's going to be more "areas" in Liberty City, but smaller (you know like Trenton, Red Light District, etc, no idea what they generally are called).
Old 05-16-2007   #35
washablemarker
Amateur Member

washablemarker is on a distinguished roadwashablemarker is on a distinguished road
ahh, just the idea of street names is getting me hyped. damn i'm easy. adding to waht slim said above, i figure there will probably be a grip of small districts tightly packed and somewhat overlapping. which is sweet. just imagine driving through a suburb, and you turn a couple of corners, and BAM, your crossing through an intersection with skyscrapers on all four sides.
Old 05-16-2007   #36
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I think that would be too drastic of a change too quickly. The transition from suburb to city would have to be much more gradual. And I was going to use the word "districts" in my previous post, but was not sure if that was too general
Old 05-16-2007   #37
washablemarker
Amateur Member

yeah, definitely drastic, i just wasn't quite sure how to illustrate their size and closeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
And I was going to use the word "districts" in my previous post, but was not sure if that was too general
great minds think alike. or at least fellow grand theft auto fans.
Old 05-17-2007   #38
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Sweet information there. Nice to know about the street names, a nice little feature I though would be good in this game.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #39
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
It's a nice addition but might get a little annoying when you are switching through the streets on a fast car and the names keep popping up.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #40
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
I see what you mean. But it never was a real annoyance in True Crime. My guess is that'll it be shown right where the area names or borough names are, which in other GTAs has never been a problem.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #41
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
With the street names, it will most likely be a little sign underneath or above the radar. I doubt the street will pop up in the bottom left corner after switching streets, that would just get annoying.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #42
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAmissions.com
can someone figure this one out?!
The part that is writtin in German is correct, But you cant do an exact translation because of the different way they construct sentences but it should sound more like "Niko seems to have great balance, When he runs around corners he leans into them with his whole body". Wich is just referring to the way the character moves, Saying that when he runs or moves in certain ways it will affect the movement of his body.
Old 05-17-2007   #43
Tendercrisp
Hi.

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Small bit of new info?

He didn't post his source, but check this out.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...5297108&page=2

Quote:
1. Multiple animations when breaking into cars- Rather than the usual punch-and-throw animation, Rockstar says that there will be several more realistic scenes witnessed when Niko tries to hop aboard a vehicle he intends to steal. This includes breaking the window open with an elbow shot and looking to check for potential witnesses while he hotwires a car.

2. Less unrealistic gameplay bells and whistles- Developers say that unrealistic markers and arrows will be minimized and other in-game devices will be employed to give direction to players. Do we smell GPS here?

3. Every street will have a name- Developers are still deliberating on the prospect of whether or not they should give every street a name which will be displayed onscreen when you enter it. Another issue which we already know of is still undecided: Whether or not the city will be fully accessible from the beginning or not.

4. Xbox 360 vs PS3- Dan Houser of Rockstar says that the idea is to not have any hint of bias towards any of the platforms. He says there won't be any differences between the versions for each console.

5. Downloadable extras- Rockstar reveals that there will be some freebies, but there will be some things you have to pay for too.

We certainly like what we're hearing and from the looks of it, we may have a more realistic crime spree than ever. We've already seen the screens, so we know it'll look good. The only thing left to find out is that if Niko and his city stacks up to his older brothers from consoles past.
I pretty much guessed that you would have to pay for the DLC. Which is why it's 360 exclusive.

Last edited by Tendercrisp; 05-17-2007 at 06:15 PM..
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #44
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Sorry, but this is old news. Thanks anyway

Last edited by monkio; 05-17-2007 at 06:12 PM..
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007   #45
Tendercrisp
Hi.

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkio
I'm sorry, what am I looking at?
3 and 4.