Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2007   #1
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Duffel bag + Trunks + Special Edition tied together

Check out the duffel bag in the second newest screenshot. This is pure speculation, but maybe you store weapons in the duffel bag, which you then place into the trunk. It fits in with the theme of new realism (how does he carry so many weapons?), and also makes sense why a duffel bag is included in the Special Edition.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #2
waggy44
Woop Woop

waggy44 is an unknown quantity at this point
ooo i like your logic and is very likely i think.

waggy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Ah I see what you're saying, that there are specific reasons as to why we are receiving these items with the Special Edition. That's a great speculation!

Get on AIM, by the way
Old 06-27-2007   #4
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
I remeber saying that R* might do something like the Resident Evil games, like having a chest to store things in, but it probably will be the portable version as in the rucksack, good thinking Kodo.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #5
pacCinHECKLER&K

Very logical but how does that work when gangsta's are on ya asz and you need your AK to wipe um out do you waste time pop'n the trunk while they blast away at your car? Very intresting to say the least. I would love to see in this next trailer how they implement the trunk and duffle bag system
Old 06-27-2007   #6
waggy44
Woop Woop

maybe your informed before hand and you have to judge on the info your given on what you should take with you.

Old 06-27-2007   #7
pacCinHECKLER&K

Could be but it seems as if thats a lil tooo much, cuz i mean a gun battle can pop outta nowhere, jus walkin down the street, driving or wutever. If you had to plan which weapons to take with you before you left your safe/save house then i can see it ruining the fun factor a lil, cuz you might be out and find that you needed one of your weapons you left at home and you could be screwed. after a while i see it getting pretty annoying.
Old 06-27-2007   #8
waggy44
Woop Woop

naa cus im sure u can keep it on your back. but it may slow you down so is ideal to leave in the trunk of a car or where ever. having it on your back means you have your full arsenal with you but has that disadvantage of slowing you down.
were just gonna have to see.

Old 06-27-2007   #9
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
The ability to have holsters (concealed weapons) would be cool. Carrying whatever you wanted though, that would be cooler. Imagine filling a duffel bag with bricks, and dropping it off a building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #10
waggy44
Woop Woop

hahaaa throwing bricks off buildings could be fun

Old 06-27-2007   #11
pacCinHECKLER&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggy44
naa cus im sure u can keep it on your back. but it may slow you down so is ideal to leave in the trunk of a car or where ever. having it on your back means you have your full arsenal with you but has that disadvantage of slowing you down.
were just gonna have to see.

although it doesnt coincide with R*'s claim that when Niko pulls a weapon out everyone will scatter and scream cuz i mean if you can keep it on your bac it is visible. Unless you have the option to walk around with a full duffle bag whenever. I guess we'll have to wait an see but you got a good point

@lucky, that would be one of the best features lol! crushing peds witha bag of bric's

Last edited by pacCinHECKLER&K; 06-27-2007 at 05:21 PM..
Old 06-27-2007   #12
waggy44
Woop Woop

i meant keep the duffle bag on your back but ye waiting an seeing will be doing.

Old 06-27-2007   #13
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
It'll be nice to see if the inventory menu from Hitman is implemented. You should be able to store smaller/handheld weapons like pistols, SMG, grenades etc. in the bag.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #14
Comrade Voyager
Vagabond
Newbie Member

Comrade Voyager is an unknown quantity at this point
I was thinking something like Hitman as well. Pistols and SMGs are concealable (maybe put a weight limit so you can't carry 10 of them) and big weapons have to be put on the back or in bags/cases.
Comrade Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007   #15
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
i thought about this a couple of weeks ago but i dismissed it, my main thought was where would all the masses of amo be kept? then i realised it would be a bad move to let him carry around limited ammo because 90% of the fun of the game would be gone and substitued for realism. once your two or three concealable clips were gone you were a dead man and no longer could you carry around a rocket lancher or M4 with the simple idea of running amok