Old 05-25-2007   #46
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
That song is amazing.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #47
m4rcj3sus

m4rcj3sus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat
If there's a country station I hope they program it with some anti-Nashville/anti-mainstream artists like Hank III, Unknown Hinson, et al. Maybe some psychobilly acts like The Reverend Horton Heat. That would be really interesting. I liked the SA country station and it would be cool to see something similar return.
what do you think that ppl in NYC only like hip hop. i dont know this for sure but im sure that theres some kind of a country station in ny

Currently playing san andreas....AGAIN
m4rcj3sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #48
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Let's take a little look at the current Radio Dial in New York, not including Pirate Stations, here are the categories that get covered...
Russian, Jazz, Freeform, Variety/Educational, Rock, Spanish, Caribbean Music, News/Talk/Public Affairs, Religious, Pop, Classical Music, Urban, Rhythmic (Dance), Adult Contemporary and Classic Rock.
Since Rockstar are going to get a lot more real on things they will obviously look at whats on the airwaves, many of the mags have said that what will be played isn't all going to be modern, well looking at modern day NYC radio, Classical, Classic Rock and Adult Contemporary covers that easy. That eastern European dance station that was confirmed, could easily pass off for the Russian and Dance station in NYC. We know there will be a talk station, always will be at least one. We can cut Educational off the list, doubt something like that would appear in GTA, plus if it were, it would be merged with Talk, same goes for Religion. If they are basing it off this charter, we can roughly assume the choice of stations in GTA4.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #49
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Talking of music: "We can't confirm the balance between licensed and unlicensed music yet, but everything in the game is evolving, and is going to be changing slightly, and that will include the radio stations I think. But we'll have confirmed details of how that's going to work later on. But I think it'll be a huge and broad spectrum of music that will cover decades; just because it's set now, doesn't mean that the music has to be in 2006 and 2007; I'm sure it will be far-reaching in terms of decades, and genres."
I thought this was a good quote from the Rockstar rep showing them the game in that kikizo preview. It's a bit more than before.

EDIT: @Ash, so that was the background work you were talking about. It'll be interesting to see how GTAIV relates to those.

Last edited by Jimmy_86; 05-25-2007 at 09:35 PM..
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #50
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet
The new Kikizo preview confirmed one song for the game called Sorrow Tears & Blood by Fela Kuti.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200705/101_p5.asp
Nice find with that. It's a fusion of african tune and funk; It's a song back from 70's. I wonder which sort of radio station will include it.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #51
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
It seems that R*, like many of us, find a lot of recent music to be utter shit so they're going backwards just as much they're visiting the present.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007   #52
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

lcvcsa is an unknown quantity at this point
"A great piece of funky jazz music (Fela Kuti - Sorrow Tears & Blood) plays on the bassy car stereo too and really adds to the vibe. We guess it's a placeholder track, though"

doesn't seem like a conformation to me.
lcvcsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #53
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Small tiny update, just added the info that was long overdue plus added the "Small Information" section where it mentions what song is played in which trailer.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007   #54
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Hey, remember that Rockstar's main offices is Located in New York. I am very sure that they know exactly what to put on.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007   #55
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I hope they have more than one chat radio station because i love them. I like the topics and the advertisments and the language they use in that old GTA style. There was news about a eastern european dance station. I cant wait till i hear that.
Old 07-07-2007   #56
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
yeah the talk radio stations are cool.......they need to bring Maurice Chavez back
Old 07-09-2007   #57
ScoobyDoo82
You can take the night off pal!

ScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enoughScoobyDoo82 will become famous soon enough
I hate the idea of no mainstream music, thats the only reason i've ever wanted a GTA set it present time, for new music. Meh, oh well maybe the music will be good. I hope they do throw in some well-known songs.

93 Cavalier RS 3.1 - 91 Tempo GL 2.3
ScoobyDoo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #58
numba1kkilla_oj
"u kno what a hassa is"
Amateur Member

numba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished roadnumba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Someone over on GTAForums said that they were listening to Hot 97 (a rap station in NYC) and the DJ said "I wanna give a special shout out to Rockstar Games cuz we got somethin monumental poppin off"...the DJ that was scheduled to be on during that time was DJ Green Lantern (many people probably remember him as Eminem's DJ). Definitely not a confirmed thing, but it may hint that he's involved with the rap station.
maybe they gonna use him as the dj for the rap station, maybe the revoloution is u can listen to music on foot or maybe it wont really be looped
numba1kkilla_oj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007   #59
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo82
I hate the idea of no mainstream music, thats the only reason i've ever wanted a GTA set it present time, for new music. Meh, oh well maybe the music will be good. I hope they do throw in some well-known songs.
You'll like it, it will open you up to heaps of new bands that you haven't heard of I'm sure. That's what every GTA has done for me
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #60
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
You'll like it, it will open you up to heaps of new bands that you haven't heard of I'm sure. That's what every GTA has done for me
you never listened to any of the bands from vice city or san andreas.

i pity the fuck out of you.

and come on there will be mainstream music, it just wont be a huge catalog of it.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote