Old 05-21-2007   #31
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
That wouldn't go in harmony with the game, however that could be a nice addition, like you could use custom sound tracks in the previous titles.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #32
moodygirl

moodygirl is on a distinguished roadmoodygirl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr
Someone over on GTAForums said that they were listening to Hot 97 (a rap station in NYC) and the DJ said "I wanna give a special shout out to Rockstar Games cuz we got somethin monumental poppin off"...the DJ that was scheduled to be on during that time was DJ Green Lantern (many people probably remember him as Eminem's DJ). Definitely not a confirmed thing, but it may hint that he's involved with the rap station.
I hate that forum all they do is bully members there. Any way I hope with out rap i run in to cars a lot.
Old 05-21-2007   #33
Goat
Amateur Member

Goat is on a distinguished roadGoat is on a distinguished road
If there's a country station I hope they program it with some anti-Nashville/anti-mainstream artists like Hank III, Unknown Hinson, et al. Maybe some psychobilly acts like The Reverend Horton Heat. That would be really interesting. I liked the SA country station and it would be cool to see something similar return.
Old 05-21-2007   #34
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

lcvcsa is an unknown quantity at this point
doubt there will be a country station in an nyc based city. maybe tho.. im expecting a lot of rap, pop, talk, classical, some indie, and hopefully a classic rock station or something. some golden oldies. also, it would be funny if they had a morning style show like z 100 or something, where its like annoying djs doing stupid pranks and stuff.
lcvcsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007   #35
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
One of the few things I really liked about True Crime NY, was the idea that you could buy tracks for your carstereo, by entering a record shop ingame. It's a brilliant idea, and I hope R* "stole" it.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007   #36
Pale2hall

Pale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished roadPale2hall is on a distinguished road
Quote:
-Selected soundtrack CD from Grand Theft Auto IV, featuring new material from top artists, only available on this release
acording to that press release the soundtrack will at least have some top artists.
Pale2hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #37
washablemarker
Amateur Member

washablemarker is on a distinguished roadwashablemarker is on a distinguished road
a classical station? ahaha. how baller do you have to be to drive around new york city bumpin classical music.
washablemarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #38
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
There's a possibility. There was a classical station in GTA III, and it fitted in well with the mafia theme.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #39
Goat
Amateur Member

Goat is on a distinguished roadGoat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
There's a possibility. There was a classical station in GTA III, and it fitted in well with the mafia theme.
So what you're saying is since Niko is from Eastern Europe we should expect a radio station dedicated to Bulgarian Wedding music?
Old 05-23-2007   #40
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat
So what you're saying is since Niko is from Eastern Europe we should expect a radio station dedicated to Bulgarian Wedding music?
There Is an Eastern European Dance/Trance station though.

Note: I won't be updating this thread for a while until I can round up some good info and post it as bulk later on. Plus I'm doing some background work which might mean I'll have more solid info in later months.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #41
Geddes
Amateur Member

Geddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished road
What about ska? New York has a bit of a ska scene doesn't it.
Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007   #42
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
They might have some ska on a reggaestation if they decide to haev K-Jah or something similar.
Not not a whole station to ska, I doubt it.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #43
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
The new Kikizo preview confirmed one song for the game called Sorrow Tears & Blood by Fela Kuti.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200705/101_p5.asp
Old 05-25-2007   #44
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice find, confirmation of that long awaited Jazz Station some of us hoped for, maybe a glimpse of LibertySoul FM, maybe the cut stations from GTA3 will be used this time around?
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007   #45
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Well there we go, is that our first confirmed song? Good to know.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote