Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2007   #16
swade

swade can only hope to improve
Now this is the first time where I finally feel good about GTA IV seems like this will be a completely new game
swade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007   #17
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, some good and bad points in that actually.

The weapon camera angle sounds like a varient of the method used in Resident Evil 4 but more based on the Miami Vice game (the one for the PSP), which is good, makes shooting feel more accurate, especially with assault rifles.

Can't just jump into a car and go. Now, I might be a party killer here but one of the good things about GTA is the mindless rampages and chases you can do when you have some spare time, I still play Vice City, LCS, etc when I've got a few minutes to spare and all I do is grab a car and get some police attention. Now if all cars need to be broken into and hot wired, that will really be a buzz kill for those mindless chases.

Climbing is great, finally, the thing that i wanted in San Andreas has finally appeared!

Phillip Glass, If he is involved then I imagine that the Theme for GTAIV will be done by him and any background music used in cutscenes. Which is good, always good to have professional composers involved, just hope they don't overkill it like A Dark March by Danger Mouse.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007   #18
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well it was never said every car will have to be hot wired. I'd assume the worst we could see is all parked cars having to be broken into by breaking the window, unlocking, and hopping in, which isn't all that bad if you think about it. I think we need more details on this before we jump to any conclusions.
Old 05-10-2007   #19
Lao Boy
LATE NIGHT

Lao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to beholdLao Boy is a splendid one to behold
There's climbing!

My life is complete.

[img][/img]

click me
Lao Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007   #20
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Well it was never said every car will have to be hot wired. I'd assume the worst we could see is all parked cars having to be broken into by breaking the window, unlocking, and hopping in, which isn't all that bad if you think about it. I think we need more details on this before we jump to any conclusions.
the thing thats going to kill it/ make it annoying is everytime you drive by a cop with a car that has a broken window you get a star.
i mean i know it's realistic but fuck. thats a bit much.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007   #21
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Never said that would happen, which is actually too realistic and wouldn't be put in any Grand Theft Auto. It would really be the same as a getting a one star wanted level for driving by a cop with your car busted up all over. Only thing relatively close to that idea is getting a one star wanted level for driving by a cop in a car with the alarm going off, which makes sense, and isn't a bad realistic factor, since not every car does this.
Old 05-10-2007   #22
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Don't be, dude. It will be there.

IMO, SA wasn't dull and boring at all. With the variety of things to do, the ideas are endless. I'm usually trying something new every time I pick up the game, even now I'm still discovering and trying new things.
My thoughts on it exactly,SA was not dull.
Old 05-11-2007   #23
Shepherd1991

I would like to see real gun sound effects as well. SA audio dissapointed me.
Old 05-11-2007   #24
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Honestly, the previews just keep getting better and better. Sweet artwork too, I can't wait for more stuff.

Hotwiring the car sounds great. Admittedly, it seems like a bit of a party pooper but for realism's sake it's fantastic.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #25
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think you need to hotwire a car when you just grabbed it's owner from his seat and threw him on the ground. So when you want to create havoc and while doing so bust your car and need a new one fast, just get one that has a driver in it.
Climbing on poles and fire escapes, seeing in peoples' houses, music of other cars etc. = neat-0-matic.
Old 05-11-2007   #26
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta_rhym3s
I would like to see real gun sound effects as well. SA audio dissapointed me.
I've been wanting completely new SFX for a LONG time with GTA. San Andreas' was poor, Vice City's got old, I want to hear the REAL sound of weapons. However, vehicle SFX (well, just the engine sounds really) I love and don't want to be replaced. I even imitate them
Old 05-11-2007   #27
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
The carjacking sounds crazy
Old 05-11-2007   #28
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Quote:
I've been wanting completely new SFX for a LONG time with GTA. San Andreas' was poor, Vice City's got old, I want to hear the REAL sound of weapons. However, vehicle SFX (well, just the engine sounds really) I love and don't want to be replaced. I even imitate them
Yeah, I'm with you on everything there. Some cars sounds were kept through from III to SA, the same ol' sound. I hope a few returning cars have their old noise.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007   #29
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

PCJ-600 should have the its Vice City SFX. They sucked in San Andreas. The Infernus VC/SA/LCS/VCS sound should return for it and any other vehicles that used that SFX (in GTA III it used the SFX that the Cheetah has used GTA III - VCS).