Old 05-09-2007   #1
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Statue of Happiness...

I just had a thought..the Statue of Happiness is obviously the game counter part of the real life Statue of Liberty..Well the Declaration states that we the people have the right to Life, LIBERTY and the pursuit of HAPPINESS

I'm guessing thats how the name was derived
Old 05-09-2007   #2
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
That's actually pretty smart. Good find, kind of thing that Rockstar isn't ususally doing. They usually just replace any number they can with 69.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I was actually thinking the same when the name was released
Old 05-09-2007   #4
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
I was thinking they just plugged in a random name, but apparently not.

Hmm, good find. Though it could just be an easy coincidence.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #5
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
I know but I doubt that it could be a coincidence like that..I mean..Statue of Happiness..Happiness has no significant meaning in American History..other than that it is stated in the Declartion of Independence..
Old 05-09-2007   #6
lcvcsa
Banned
Banned

lcvcsa is an unknown quantity at this point
but i think that's the point. its another word in the declaration of independence
lcvcsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #7
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
That's actually pretty smart. Good find, kind of thing that Rockstar isn't ususally doing. They usually just replace any number they can with 69.
lol so true. Yeah I figured it was something like that, but can't believe I didn't realize the connection between liberty and happiness until now.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007   #8
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Haha, Statue of Happiness and America somehow makes me think the statue will be holding a reefer.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007   #9
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Oh man, there's so many good things you could do with the torch I can't even begin to guess what rockstar's going to do with it.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007   #10
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
I thought of that when I watched the Pursuit of Happiness shortly after the name of the statue was announced .
Old 05-10-2007   #11
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyboy_999
Oh man, there's so many good things you could do with the torch I can't even begin to guess what rockstar's going to do with it.
Exactly what I've been thinking

We know for sure it's not a torch, and must be something that would make someone happy. Oh the possibilities..
Old 05-10-2007   #12
Geddes
Amateur Member

Geddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished roadGeddes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
We know for sure it's not a torch, and must be something that would make someone happy. Oh the possibilities..
Are you suggesting it will resemble a male appendage?
Both shocked and appaled.
Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote