Old 04-27-2007   #1
Mr.Rello
Banned
Banned

Mr.Rello is an unknown quantity at this point
Long forgotten features

I know GTA has added a lor of features over the years, but they've also taken quite a few out.
What old feature taken out would you like to see return in IV?

I would LOVE to see the Respect-O-Meter return, my brain is telling me it will for the simple fact of the story being non linear, and earning respect and losing respect from each gang would trigger missions for each just like GTA2

Another feature I'd like to see return from GTA2 is the effect explosions had on people, who didn't love to throw a grenade at a swat truck only to see all 4 of em fly into the air and land on a roof with a whoop and a splat?

The burp/fart button.

What would YOU like to see return?
Mr.Rello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #2
Blazer

Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
O.o the burp/fart button was.... useless and a waste of space. lol... As for throwing nades and watching trucks fly 20 feet in the air... not real. Although I agree, that when you throw a nade at a ped and it blows up underneath it, it shouldnt just go up in the air 2 feet and fall back down. But as for the respect-o-meter... well.. I loved GTA2, because of the replay value, which is what i'm always looking for, cuz I beat games too easily lol... respect-o-meter you could go one sided with one gang and its pretty much like your part of that gang. It was pretty cool. I enjoyed it.

As I said before I want the car crusher back. That thing was awesome.... unlike the gta3 car crusher that did absolutely nothing but take your car...lame... i dont even think you could control it.

PS
Welcome to the forums
Old 04-27-2007   #3
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point
The police Spike strips from Vice City would be cool.
Old 04-27-2007   #4
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Being able to add machinegun turrets to your car like in GTA 2 would be nice.
Old 04-27-2007   #5
TwiztidDragonX
TwiztidDragonX

TwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished roadTwiztidDragonX is on a distinguished road
I agree the car crusher was fun I loved the stuff you got for your cars but sadly since they want this more realistic so I don't see it coming back unless it was GTA3 style. and (as annoying as they were at times) the spike strips need to come back.
TwiztidDragonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007   #6
Mr.Rello
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer
O.o the burp/fart button was.... useless and a waste of space. lol... As for throwing nades and watching trucks fly 20 feet in the air... not real. Although I agree, that when you throw a nade at a ped and it blows up underneath it, it shouldnt just go up in the air 2 feet and fall back down. But as for the respect-o-meter... well.. I loved GTA2, because of the replay value, which is what i'm always looking for, cuz I beat games too easily lol... respect-o-meter you could go one sided with one gang and its pretty much like your part of that gang. It was pretty cool. I enjoyed it.

As I said before I want the car crusher back. That thing was awesome.... unlike the gta3 car crusher that did absolutely nothing but take your car...lame... i dont even think you could control it.

PS
Welcome to the forums

Oh, I wasn't talkin about the trucks flying in the air, they would do that anyway lol, I'm talkin about how the people would fly up to the screen almost and come flying back down.
And the cra crusher bonuses would be great, I miss those... I mean, Liberty City's crusher had the conveyor for the items to be dropped, but I guess they didn't follow through.
Old 04-27-2007   #7
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Rello you've been here before havn't you?
well theres a reason that they make progress and didn't bring the respect o meater back, on the one hand it would be sort of cool but then on the other it would make it to novel.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007   #8
Mr.Rello
Banned
Banned

Yeah, it's me, but as long as Clansmen stays away from me I won't act up and all should be good.
I mean... They won't ban me for nothing will they?
Where's Zidane?

I always loved the respect o meter for the fact of it being somewhat realistic as to changing people's feelings of you and knowing who hates you and who likes you.

They kinda did the same thing for Bully, except beating up a bunch of one faction wouldn't change their respect for you at all, I swear I beat the crap out of 135 bullies and they STILL love me.