Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2007   #16
Tendercrisp
Been making Mcconaughey jokes since long before...
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
I just found the thread on the GTA formums like two minutes, and was about to post the info, but slim got here an hour faster than I did. Good job man.

I'm so relieved that there's still helicopters, but like Ash said, why the fuck is Rockstar bringing back GFs? They're already neck deep in controversy. While they're at it, they might as well toss in a boyfriend feature like they did in Bully.
Old 04-23-2007   #17
Clayton
BINGO BANGO BONGO

Clayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant futureClayton has a brilliant future
Personally, I really liked Empire in VCS and many buyable save houses like in SA.

I loved SA's countryside, but I suppose I can live without it.

Really, really looking forward to IV.

...Just what I've always wanted, a four-wheeled coffin to call home.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #18
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton
Personally, I really liked Empire in VCS and many buyable save houses like in SA.

I loved SA's countryside, but I suppose I can live without it.

Really, really looking forward to IV.
Myself aswell; maybe update's will include country side adventures, empire bldg, etc
Old 04-23-2007   #19
Tendercrisp
Been making Mcconaughey jokes since long before...
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Sacha Asks: Will characters from earlier GTAs appear in the game?

Reiner: Rockstar wouldn’t say outright, but from the smile that Dan Houser gave me, I would say there’s a good possibility of crossover.
Now this was the bit that I found quite interesting. Maybe we'll see a Don Cipriani now that (III spoilers) Sal is dead?
Old 04-23-2007   #20
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
That really was an interesting reply. I was expecting GTA IV to be completely all new with no returning characters for previous titles. Dan certainly hinted towards that possibility..
Old 04-23-2007   #21
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I can see Cipriani being mentioned if he is, in fact the new Liberty City Don (rather than Joey). But whether we will actually meet him, I don't know. I think Rockstar would prefer to have Michael Madsen (GTA III) as his voice and seeing as Madsen said he wouldn't participate in another GTA title after III the possibility of seeing him is slim.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #22
Scott

Plus R* said they weren't going for huge names this time.

Interesting questions, but as Slim said, there's a lot left out that could of been answered. My guess is like with non-open beta testers of games (such as, you're asked by a company to try a game, like Tim at CAD Comics has done), there was some sort of disclosure contract signed by GI stating not to omit certain details into an article.
Old 04-23-2007   #23
scorged

They answered bad questions... Did they read them or just submit random ones. I'm glad to know heli's are in. BLAH i can't wait....
Old 04-23-2007   #24
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
By past characters the only thing I can think of would be either radio of characters mentioned from Carcer City. Radio is an obvious one, Radio Lazlow is doing all the work again, it's obvious we'll hear lazlow and possibly Reed Tucker, Big Wayne, or Couzin Ed in there somewhere.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #25
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I'd love to see (hear) Couzin Ed in GTA IV. I thought it was a shame that VCS was only his first GTA that he appeared on radio. He and Lazlow teamed up was just hilarious XD
Old 04-23-2007   #26
Shepherd1991

He didnít climb up it like a gorilla, however....

lol.. I sure as hell hope so!
Old 04-23-2007   #27
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
i wish that they would have said somthing about the fighting or somthing along those lines but ya most of those questions were usless to be honest
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #28
pacCinHECKLER&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex havok
i wish that they would have said somthing about the fighting or somthing along those lines but ya most of those questions were usless to be honest

Yeah. this was really the only one thing i wanted know so far(fighting/shooting physics), and the pic from GI in my sig, if he got to see that in the demo or was it left out. Would've also liked aswered how territorial are the different boroughs (meaning the thugs and gangs) if its like SA or different. There were alot of retard questions and i think those were pic'd on purpose not to expose too much too early

Last edited by pacCinHECKLER&K; 04-23-2007 at 10:37 PM..
Old 04-23-2007   #29
tmac9wr

tmac9wr is on a distinguished roadtmac9wr is on a distinguished road
Yea seriously. These questions particularly annoyed me: "are there hot girl peds", "will there be a demo", and "when will it be out in Quebec" ; why didn't they show things like "How are the different boroughs laid out?" are questions I'd like to hear answered the most.
tmac9wr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007   #30
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Bah, didn't answer my question about the controls yet they answered a question saying 'are female pedestrians in the game'

Anyway, thanks Slim. Some exciting stuff in there.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote