Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2007   #1
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
Possible sign of character custimization?

I was just looking at some of the new screenshots and noticed something. I might be way wrong, but it looks like he is wearing a fingerlessglove in this screenshot:

Yet both of his hands are glove-free in this one:

Also no visible stripe on his jacket in the second one.

Last edited by zombienm; 04-18-2007 at 01:45 PM..
zombienm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #2
.:Razor:.
Banned
Banned

.:Razor:. is on a distinguished road.:Razor:. is on a distinguished road.:Razor:. is on a distinguished road
I'm sure some sort of character customization will be included. He's also wearing what looks like a tracksuit top in the first one.
.:Razor:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
The top screenshot is another one of his outfits, at least that is what we know so far. Hopefully it won't be set up like VC, LCS, and VCS, with the outfit system. I'd love to be able to customize his clothing and other gear in whatever ways I like.
Old 04-18-2007   #4
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
I'm guessing you'll have different outfits, but they won't be customizable like in SA.
Old 04-18-2007   #5
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I like the LCS and VCS system, it's quick, straight to the point and isn't annoying like the San Andreas one.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
@FM, Well so far that's all we can really make of this. He's got that tracksuit and the casual clothes (with the heavy jacket, etc).

@Ash, I liked how that was nice a quick as well, but I'd love to have that opportunity for customization open to us. San Andreas really was annoying since the loading was horribly slow when doing so, but no loading times during gameplay have been confirmed for GTA IV, so maybe it wouldn't be annoying this time around.
Old 04-18-2007   #7
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I love those gloves.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #8
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
Ah, I wasn't sure. I'd seen people debating whether you'd be able to customize him, had no idea if anything had been said. But I definitly noticed his clothes were different, meaning you can at least change how he looks some.

I think I'd prefer the VC/LCS/VCS system better, because it was kind of annoying in San Andreas having to find all the different shops to find the perfect combination of clothes. Maybe if they had one shop with everything then it wouldn't be so bad
Also San Andreas just took forever to change clothes, probably another reason I hated it and made my CJ so plain.
Old 04-18-2007   #9
will99
Banned
Banned

will99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished road
I hope they have Costomization, Why can't R* make IV like SA in a different City with even new features then we're all happy.
will99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #10
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
I honestly don't care if it's one or the other. Creativity was fun in San Andreas, but took a while and all before it were quick, fast, and easy but lacked a element of real customization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #11
will99
Banned
Banned

will99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished road
It is just that since SA R* has slightly gone down hill a bit, and should get back up to the top of the gaming world.
will99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007   #12
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Your thinking it will be worth the wait, your not going to be dissapointed. VCS has been a big lift to the series; so all and all R* is in good shape. My guess is new GTA games will be be made more frequently. Hopefully no more long years between top games.
Old 04-18-2007   #13
Him

Him will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enough
The SA system was great, minus the insane amount of time it took. If they make changing cloths a lot faster the SA way would rock.
Old 04-18-2007   #14
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
R* has said no more load time wait's when entering a room, or bldg. I suspect that changing cloth's will be faster; if it's in the game. I suspect cloth's changing will be in IV.
Old 04-18-2007   #15
DoomMunke13
You ever had that feeling
Newbie Member

DoomMunke13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Customization was a big hit in San Andreas, there is no way Rockstar could keep it out