Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2007   #1
mmartin
Newbie Member

mmartin is an unknown quantity at this point
Just a thought.

first hi everyone, im new in the forum!
But think a little, if GTA4 is again Liberty City (NYC) but totallly different compared to GTA3's Liberty City then GTA5 could be Vice city again and totally different compared to the previous Vice City, so there's hope that GTA5 will be set in Miami and maybe even in the 80's.
mmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
True, but I don't think the next GTA will be GTA 5, more like another game using the same engine, so it would return to GTA: ***** City, etc.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #3
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
I gotta see Next gen Vice City and San Andreas... shit will be dope! i'm keepin my fingers crossed!
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #4
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Vice City would be especially radical!
All that neon and colourful shiet.
Don't get hyped though
Old 04-15-2007   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
True, but I don't think the next GTA will be GTA 5, more like another game using the same engine, so it would return to GTA: ***** City, etc.
Believe this as well, unless the whole GTA IV storyline begins and ends itself within the game, GTA V is up next. Apparently this is how GTA stories work. When the game is "numbered", it's a brand new story. If successors are named "Grand Theft Auto __________ (City)", then that is a part of the whole big storyline.
Old 04-15-2007   #6
will99
Banned
Banned

will99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished roadwill99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin
But think a little, if GTA4 is again Liberty City (NYC) but totallly different compared to GTA3's Liberty City then GTA5 could be Vice city again and totally different compared to the previous Vice City, so there's hope that GTA5 will be set in Miami and maybe even in the 80's.
Welcome buddy! Oh and yes it will probably be ALOT different to LC in GTA III and LCS. And I hope it (GTA 5) will be set in a different version of Miami. What do you think?
will99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #7
Statistic
the one...
Newbie Member

Statistic is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin
Perhaps..

The 2nd Generation Series started off with Liberty City in GTA III, then Miami and then San Andreas. I think that is how the series is going to be from now on. 2nd Gen was GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas (Two GTA games that have cities in the name). Maybe in 3rd Generation, it's going to be GTA IV, followed by two more games like VC and SA then whatever comes after that.
Statistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #8
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
But remember people, IV is based of of Liberty City, it's not the same as it was in III. Hell, by the looks of it, it hardly looks like III at all besides being a big city. I doubt the next games will be at any previous location, because technically, IV seems to be in a whole new location.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007   #9
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
But, IV is in Liberty City. That means we may see completely NEW Vice Cities and San Andreas'es(?). Think of a new vice city, huge like the real Miami, and maybe including the everglades, and the Keys!
Old 04-15-2007   #10
ReLLo
Banned
Banned

ReLLo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Believe this as well, unless the whole GTA IV storyline begins and ends itself within the game, GTA V is up next. Apparently this is how GTA stories work. When the game is "numbered", it's a brand new story. If successors are named "Grand Theft Auto __________ (City)", then that is a part of the whole big storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statistic
Perhaps..

The 2nd Generation Series started off with Liberty City in GTA III, then Miami and then San Andreas. I think that is how the series is going to be from now on. 2nd Gen was GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas (Two GTA games that have cities in the name). Maybe in 3rd Generation, it's going to be GTA IV, followed by two more games like VC and SA then whatever comes after that.

Pretty much.

They're most likely gonna start with Chicago, Detroit, maybe even Houston or Atlanta for a change of pace.
BUT the possibility of them doing Vice City and San Andreas over again is quite possible.

I'd really just like to see GTA:USA

When they are able to compile a whole f*ckin country.
ReLLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #11
cox
Certified Tester

cox is an unknown quantity at this point
When you think about it, it seems quite obvious that a redone Vice City will be the next game in the series.

The original GTA featured Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas. So with GTA IV set in Liberty City again, it looks to me that R* are going to be sticking with the cities that first made them famous/infamous, and trying to make them as good as they can get.

It wouldn't make sense for them to redo just Liberty and then move onto somewhere completely new and leave the others hanging in the old generation.
Old 04-16-2007   #12
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Rockstar are only re-doing Liberty City because they feel New York was a place never properly depicted in a video game. Whether they feel the same about Miami and California (+Vegas) is up to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Houser
It was an environment we felt had never been done to the level we were envisioning it in a video game.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #13
pacCinHECKLER&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by victim
Rockstar are only re-doing Liberty City because they feel New York was a place never properly depicted in a video game. Whether they feel the same about Miami and California (+Vegas) is up to them.

I can feel you! no really i can. But what cox is saying is that why would they leave VC out or Sa on the next gen when they've done LC its only fair to the hardcore fans of each separate game.
Old 04-16-2007   #14
Holster
Xbox Addict

Holster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to beholdHolster is a splendid one to behold
I love the setting in Vice City, but it could be a better setting than that for VCS, I hope it would be a different setting, just something different and maybe better.

Many thanks to The Shy Child for the sig,
XBL GT: USASoccerStar93
Holster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007   #15
mmartin
Newbie Member

mmartin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cox
When you think about it, it seems quite obvious that a redone Vice City will be the next game in the series.

The original GTA featured Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas. So with GTA IV set in Liberty City again, it looks to me that R* are going to be sticking with the cities that first made them famous/infamous, and trying to make them as good as they can get.

It wouldn't make sense for them to redo just Liberty and then move onto somewhere completely new and leave the others hanging in the old generation.
well i think that too.

but imagine, whole new Vice City, new engine and perhaps even in the 80's. freaking awsome.
mmartin is offline   Reply With Quote