Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2007   #46
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Has the guy given us a new update yet
Old 04-14-2007   #47
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
i don't know, ya can't really say that R* wouldn't do any of that because it's a completly new game and all, but that stuff does sound all MGS-y on us. i do like the idea of getting jumped and robbed while being in bad parts of town, but that plot twist er whatever is lame.
Old 04-14-2007   #48
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
I'm really hoping that most of what he is stating does not become a reality any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex
Hey Dudesters,

As promised, I spoke to my friend, the following is all him, as always, I can care less what you think of the Info, Im just passing it along.

Spoilers Lie Ahead!

Had a good conversation about stuff other than the game, got to shoot in a few more Game related questions, and got some pretty interesting info to boot!

I asked about the Weather System/Cycle Changes.

Answer :

The gist of it is, that most people OVERestimate the power of the current " next gen " consoles.

Weathers going to continue to be a scripted event, Season Cycles are not possible on a realistic level, and certainly not practical for a number of reasons, for one, they would have to devote an entire crew to change every structure/tree/street texture already completed and have to dedicate a pretty steep amount of already critical disc space for JUST the graphical side of the season cycles alone.
That doesnt include the programming/coding that will go into it.

Basically, our " next gen " consoles simply arent prepared to seamlessly stream snow UNTOP of Ground UNTOP of Dead Body etc..etc..

People think because they were given the RAW numbers for what these babies can do, that these consoles are able to have 10000s Individual peds/snow/hurricanes/destructable areas/construction crews/cars/weapons/projectiles from weapons/liter/completely independent minor graphical properties ( I.E Trash Cans ) ETC.

Euphoria IS being used for this game, but not in the way you saw in the tech demos.

Euphoria is basically a physics engine that can mimic the motor nervous system on its own, we saw in the Force Unleashed tech demo that characters hung on to boards/edges to not die.

That was pretty cool, but its not going to be in this game.

The way Euphorias going to be used is to give the characters ( Roman/Enemies/NPCS ) a REALISTIC walking pattern thats UNIQUE to that Character.

For instance, not every womans going to walk the same, not every mans going to walk the same, their weight/height/Goods they are carrying will be taken into account for EVERY character, and their walking pattern will be determined by those factors.

Once again, Im stressed that Ped A.I./Behavior/Physics Is far above and beyond anything you have ever seen.

Some bad news now :

We all know that Planes arent in, thats been confirmed by a source that some of you dudes believe in, but what you DONT know is, that the number of cars in the game is SEVERELY limited.

A rough estimate number I received was about 25.

No word on customization, to be honest, I didnt ask.

Well, thats it dudesters, Il hopefully hit you guys with more info either Wednsday, or Next Saturday.

Later,

Jadex9.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...677362&page=20
Old 04-14-2007   #49
MisterBlanco
Banned
Banned

MisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these parts
Okay.. Now I'm really hoping this guy is a crazy loon. Oh man..please be some crazy nut!

25cars.. no way man.. Rockstar would never do something like that... Would they? Compared to San Andreas which had 100cars+ 10bikes+ 5helictopers+ 10planes+. I dont think they would reduce the amount of variety that much.. Well, i hope not.

Last edited by MisterBlanco; 04-14-2007 at 02:51 PM..
Old 04-14-2007   #50
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
This guy is a LOON! None of this is true. You are a fool if you believe this!

Just like that freakin' gtaforums deepthroat bullshit.
Old 04-14-2007   #51
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
All of this is a let-down. Sacrificing better graphics and a next-gen interface for less interactivity?
Old 04-14-2007   #52
pacCinHECKLER&K

WOW! Yea im convinced this guys got some screws loose even believing his source. This was some really generic info compared to last time and is speaking on the euphoria like he works for R*.Not to mention he only tawks about what R* already revealed in the GI article about Euphoria and how Nikko would walk.I know thats not all R* is using that for. So i guess R* plans on having the leaves yellow all year round in the game in some parts but will have green in others!?!?!? dont make no sense. period. Plus 25 cars! we've already seen like 15 in counting! i could go on for ever...

Last edited by pacCinHECKLER&K; 04-14-2007 at 03:30 PM..

Old 04-14-2007   #53
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Why is everyone saying loon??

Its unlikely..theres no official source..besides the guy in the gamefaqs forum
Old 04-14-2007   #54
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
If this guy is for real, i am really becoming pissed off with Rockstar
Old 04-14-2007   #55
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
How disappointed I would be with only 25 cars. But this guys really seems to know what he's talking about. So there we have it, folks -- 25 cars in a GTA game...

OR this guy is completely bullshitting which I think is more possible.
Old 04-14-2007   #56
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
first of all i don't believe this guy at all, all of the stuff he is saying could easily be made up, and i don't understand why they wouldn't have weather patterns in GTA IV they did it in bully, it wouldn't be that hard.

Last edited by Havok; 04-14-2007 at 04:42 PM..
Old 04-14-2007   #57
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkio
If this guy is for real, i am really becoming pissed off with Rockstar
@ monika

Don't sweat it this guy"s bating average at best is low. We have had this kinda thing in the GTA game"s. You could do as well; he's guessing, an most of his stuff is dead wrong. Like usual

EDIT : see what I mean ? Alex is got an idea about weather, an he's probably right; with a bettter bating average, aswell.

Last edited by FG; 04-14-2007 at 04:42 PM..
Old 04-14-2007   #58
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
I mean, look at GTA IV. It's not the BEEESST looking game. And why would they have to limit it ? That doesn't make any sense at ALL. Look at saints row, or crackdown. There's no logical explanation that the guy is right.

Like I said, complete BS.
Old 04-14-2007   #59
pacCinHECKLER&K

I jus took a look at the trailer and skimmed the pics in the GI article and counted well over 22 different cars not to mention the big moving truc's on the bridge at the end of th trailer.And this is only the first trailer! so there must be a slew of super sports cars we have not seen with a couple more drop tops. so this piece is very false unless most of these cars wont make it to final production which i doubt seriously.

Old 04-14-2007   #60
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Clearly lying.
Closed Thread