Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
gamefaqs user unveils a whole lot of information

Real? Or fake. You choose.

MAJOR spoilers if true.

Quote:
This is coming to me from a very exclusive source WITHIN Rockstar, a very good contact that provided me with excellent news during the SA days, some vets might remember me, tons of new users will think im a liar, so whatever, take this however you want it, as either fact, or a grain of salt.

Spoilers Lie Ahead!

The main character is NOT Nikko Bellic, and there ARE aircraft in the game!

Nikko Bellic is being used as a Mcguffin device to keep the real Main Character out of the spotlight, The real main character is Roman Petronov, Nikkos cousin who invites him to live in Liberty after Nikko has a HUGE falling out with a paramilitary/Mafioso hybrid wing back in ESTONIA.

Back to 2007, Roman invites Nikko to the US with lies of his fancy living, just because he needed Nikkos help in dealing with shady characters trying to move into his little slice of heaven, which is a Taxi-Firm Roman works at on a co-operator term.

You WILL play the prologue missions as Nikko, to give you a hint of the new controllers, sadly, I dont know the schemes yet, but as soon as I do, you do.

Anyhow, about three quarters through the prologue, Nikko goes for his cousins associate " Mosha " to recover some drug money from one of the FOUR gangs in Liberty, a mainly South American gang modeled after the Columbian Cartels from GTA3, and the real life MS-13 gang, named " Carta ( Car Tuh ) Once ( Own-Said minus the D ) literally Card 11.

During this deal, Nikko gets murdered, and Roman ( Who was a great guy naturally, and never harmed a soul in his life ) becomes deeply depressed, because he feels responsible for Nikkos death, who was his only friend, and his guard dog in a brutal new world.

Armed with nothing but grief, and a deep hate for himself, Roman goes off the deep end, leaves his meager but honest job, and decides that in Liberty City, theres only one way out for a criminal AND a working man, and thats through the cemetery, so why die a shnook when you can die a rich man.

Thats it for the story.

Regarding the aicraft, there are THREE helicopters in the game, all respawn, One police cruiser, one for the Liberty Tree News paper which also became WILC, a news CHANNEL, and one thats owned by a person youl be working with for most of the game.

Bikes are OUT, but SIX motorcycle types are in.
C-11 will be a HUGE enemy in the game.
The Russian and Italian Mafias are at war and youl get to do missions for both.
Maibatsu has become a major player in Liberty City, and Monstrositys are the norm in upper-middle class areas.

And finally, You WILL be mugged/Jacked/Jumped/Begged for money/held-up/car jacked AND possibly ignitiated into THREE different gangs, where you will be able to climb the ranks, through their own set of missions.

Take this how you want, I got labeled a LOON when I posted about the Jetpack in S.A. Under my then old account, Same name, different numbers, and when I posted about the Vortex.
Here's the thread. Even if it's fake, it's damn interesting to say the least.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=34677362
Old 04-13-2007   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I believe that it's just a well thought out story by one incredibly bored person. Interesting none-the-less.
Old 04-13-2007   #3
Himuro

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
rofl can you believe it if R* pulls an MGS2 on us?

Did you read this slim? He's updated.

Quote:
Out of the entire conversation I had with my friend, the only thing that got me excited as a fan of the series and a gamer, is how friggin enthusiastic he sounded when he described the way different peds will treat you.

According to him, you might walk into a 24/7 to rob them of some quick cash, and get robbed in the process or killed by the store owner.

Or, you might just be walking around Algonquin at night, and get jumped by a gang and left for dead, or mugged for taking a wrong turn.

Im super hyped for this, as soon as I hear more, you will.
Old 04-13-2007   #4
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
Not bad for something made up.
Old 04-13-2007   #5
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Slim said it. I'm labeling that person a LOON.
Old 04-13-2007   #6
cox
Certified Tester

cox is an unknown quantity at this point
This sounds really fake to me.
Old 04-13-2007   #7
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
I believe that it's just a well thought out story by one incredibly bored person. Interesting none-the-less.
Yes, Slimer is on to him, it's fun to read it; make's time pass.You never know some of it sounds good.
Old 04-13-2007   #8
Himuro

It would REALLY suck if this is true and he just spoiled the twist!
Old 04-13-2007   #9
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
This won't spoil a thing, there is plenty of room for a twist; R* s in control

Last edited by FG; 04-13-2007 at 02:23 AM..
Old 04-13-2007   #10
RatedArtist

RatedArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
no theyre not
Old 04-13-2007   #11
FG
CJ would be so proud

Ah ha ha, yaa It's a term of indearment; not a religion. Anyways welcome to the forum's

@ statistic : As for two protaganist in IV, I can't see how it would work.

Last edited by FG; 04-13-2007 at 02:47 AM..
Old 04-13-2007   #12
Statistic
the one...
Newbie Member

Statistic is an unknown quantity at this point
I think that this is rubbish. If the game were to be realistic as R* want it to be, then you should be playing as one character, not two.
Old 04-13-2007   #13
pacCinHECKLER&K

OMG!!! im sauced right now and im rolling on the floor literally and cant stop laughing at the person who origninated this thread its fric'n nutz! and you guyz are the most humourous i love every movment posting here! but i believe this jibber jaber is fake az all hell imo.

Old 04-13-2007   #14
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statistic
I think that this is rubbish. If the game were to be realistic as R* want it to be, then you should be playing as one character, not two.
Even if this may be true, the idea of using a character for the beginning of the game is a good idea. You learn the controls and get a feel of the game before you get into it properly.

It may be fake, it might not. How do we know ?

Old 04-13-2007   #15
The top Don

The top Don is an unknown quantity at this point
wow this guy has got some good sources or is talking shit