Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2007   #1
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
More Grand Theft Auto IV Details Surface

Quote:
Game Informer subscribers are already receiving the May issue of the magazine, which contains a first look at Rockstarís Grand Theft Auto IV. Some are rapidly spreading the details of the preview through the Internet.

It has been revealed that the playground of GTA IV is smaller than San Andreas, but that doesnít translate into less gameplay, since the game is taking place in the huge megalopolis of Liberty City, a re-creation of New York. Just as NYC has become LC, itís been revealed that Brooklyn will be renamed Broker,Manhattan will be Algonquin, Queens will appear as Dukes and Bronx will become Bohan. Finally, New Jersey will appear in GTA IV as Alderney.

The game will tell the story of Niko Bellic, who comes to America after receiving emails from his cousin Roman, who is supposed to be living the ďAmerican Dream.Ē

Far from the truth, Roman is actually having problems, and his debts have brought him lots of enemies.

Playing as Niko, you come to America, help your cousin and subsequently become a name in the underground ghettos. Rockstar let slip in the preview that, although your characterís main purpose will be to help Roman, his past will haunt him later in the game. This could definitely mark the difference between the downloadable episodes that are exclusive to each console.

Game Informer got to preview the game on an Xbox 360 XeDK unit, which comes as a total surprise for a game that has been traditionally associated with the PlayStation platform. During the demo, the gameís new physics system and animations were shown off. For example, the demo had Bellic breaking a carís window, which smashed into pieces that fell to the street and into the carís seat. Another part of the demo showed how Bellicís walk changed depending on the terrain he was crossing.

Another highlighted feature was the gameís impressive lighting system. Rockstar has put special emphasis on replicating the nighttime changes to ďthe city that never sleeps.Ē. There will be different gameplay experiences depending on where you are and the time of the day. Ultimately, Rockstar aims to capture the diversity that comes from New Yorkís cosmopolitan nature.

In perhaps the previewís biggest news, it was confirmed that the game will feature a multiplayer mode, though no further details were provided.

To read the preview yourself and get a look at the first screenshots of the game, pick up a copy of the latest issue of Game Informer, which should be hitting bookstore shelves in the next few days.
Xbox Connections
Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13235/...tails-Surface/

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Hell yes, this game is looking better everyday
Old 04-12-2007   #3
opPIR
Amateur Intellectual

opPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond reputeopPIR has a reputation beyond repute
All discussed here

grimmy is a gay icon
opPIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #4
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Dont see any reason for people to try dull this game down all the time, i think R* will give us a few surprises in the next couple of months.

Yes 5tatic i keep getting moaned at for telling people these sort of things.

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86915

Last edited by .:nemesis:.; 04-12-2007 at 05:30 AM..
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #5
ReLLo
Banned
Banned

ReLLo is an unknown quantity at this point
So it's seeming to me we may actually have a co-op online multiplayer going on.
Excellent.

And with their new and improved lighting system I can only imagine Liberty at night...
It's gonna be so good.

And with the fact of cell phones and e-mail being in-game, we can surely expect it to be current time, which is what we need after 4 games in the past...
ReLLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #6
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
"the demo had Bellic breaking a car’s window, which smashed into pieces that fell to the street and into the car’s seat."

omg that is awesome.
Old 04-12-2007   #7
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
None of this is new
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #8
Pivotto
Loading - Please Wait

Pivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura aboutPivotto has a spectacular aura about
Can't wait for the nextr trailer/video footage.
Old 04-12-2007   #9
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
None of this is new
Well this is, atleast to me "the demo had Bellic breaking a carís window, which smashed into pieces that fell to the street and into the carís seat".
And things like that are the most important to me. The little things.
Old 04-12-2007   #10
Jap-O-Lantern
Veteran Member

Jap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond reputeJap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond reputeJap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond reputeJap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond reputeJap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond reputeJap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond reputeJap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond reputeJap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond reputeJap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond reputeJap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond reputeJap-O-Lantern has a reputation beyond repute
Nah, I knew that already. It's in the other thread somewhere.
Jap-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #11
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
I don't think that it's going to be very easy to jack a car anymore.
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #12
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivar87
Well this is, atleast to me "the demo had Bellic breaking a carís window, which smashed into pieces that fell to the street and into the carís seat".
And things like that are the most important to me. The little things.
That's in the GI article.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #13
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
"the demo had Bellic breaking a carís window, which smashed into pieces that fell to the street and into the carís seat."

omg that is awesome.
Yeah I cummed a little when I read that the other day

Finally able to steal locked vehicles? (hopefully convertibles.. ffs they wouldn't let you hop over the door like you usually could )
Old 04-12-2007   #14
V-Gamer
Toats Migoats.

V-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enough
lol Yeah sounds sweet, possibly like Saints Row when opening a safe, or it would be cool if you can bust a window open with a crowbar and unlock the door from the inside, it would be much more realistic then.
Old 04-12-2007   #15
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:

omg that is awesome.

Yeah I cummed a little when I read that the other day
Slim thats gross!!

hahaha..The glass is a sweet feature....I like how the character will walk differently on different surfaces thats clever