Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2007   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
GI Demoed 360 Version; OPM Will Demo PS3

This just hit me. Now that we've discovered Game Informer demoed the 360 version, and OPM is obviously PlayStation, that reading both of these articles will make sense and not seem pointless. It will be a nice opportunity to compare the two versions at this stage of GTA IV's development.

Yes this is really a very random thing to bring up, but there was no other thread where it would really be appropriate
Old 04-11-2007   #2
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
yes and you wouldn't want to get caught around here for committing such a crime as posting in the wrong topic OMGSH!11

Anyways, you know when the OPM issue drops? I don't think there is going to be much of a difference between the PS3 and 360 versions.
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Hits the news stand on May 2nd, maybe earlier for subscribers, but I'm not sure really.
Old 04-11-2007   #4
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
i wonder if they will talk to each other over which version was better. did they say anything about how it ran on the 360?
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #5
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Making comparisons will be pointless. The two versions will look exactly the same.

This isn't PS2 and Xbox here, both versions are coming out at the same time and neither platform will have an advantage.
Old 04-11-2007   #6
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I had a feeling the two articles wouldn't differentiate too much, however, with what was just noticed chances are we will get completely new scans, probably the same opinions though.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
Making comparisons will be pointless. The two versions will look exactly the same.

This isn't PS2 and Xbox here, both versions are coming out at the same time and neither platform will have an advantage.
I know they'll be the same, but I mean we can compare the thoughts from the demo-eers of both versions.
Old 04-12-2007   #8
WhatWhat
Banned
Banned

WhatWhat is an unknown quantity at this point
lookswise it wont make any difference but gameplay it might.

my favourite game is pro evo and i've played pro ev 6 for the 320 and its shit, thats compared to the ps2 tho. same with fight night.
WhatWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007   #9
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
What I believe is the game is being made on the xbox 360 and ported to the PS3 just like most other games including Splinter Cell and Kane and Lynch so OPM may encounter a few glitches which have not been fixed yet.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote