Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2007   #1
Bruno
Newbie Member

Bruno is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Will it be released on PS2

Hey i'm a noob here so sorry if i've posted this in the wrong section or something but will GTA4 be released on the PS2 because I dont want to go buy a PS3 just so i can play GTA4 on console.
Thanks for your help
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #2
V-Gamer
Toats Migoats.

V-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enoughV-Gamer will become famous soon enough
Nope, I dont believe it will be. Only on PS3, Xbox360 and possibly PC
Old 04-11-2007   #3
Morkoc96
Newbie Member

Morkoc96 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, seriously? Of course not, but you dont need to by a PS3....you can buy a XBOX 360 insted. I have both and prefer the 360....
Morkoc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #4
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
I don't think it will be available on the PS2, but Rockstar might suprise us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #5
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
You can rent a ps3 at rent a center in Oct. if all you want to do is play GTAIV. I'm sure you can do it in a week , Max. for $19.99.
Old 04-11-2007   #6
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Well, so far it is only announced for PS3 and 360. I would like to see a PS2, but I don't want to get my expectations too high..
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #7
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Aint gonna happen, most likely. But if it did, expect a serious downgrade in physics and graphics.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #8
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE=swallowed]Well, so far it is only announced for PS3 and 360. I would like to see a PS2, but I don't want to get my expectations too high..[/QUOTE

Same here, R* could surprise us; because the PS3 owner won't mind cuz they will be rewarded with updates.
Old 04-11-2007   #9
Statistic
the one...
Newbie Member

Statistic is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think so..

The PS2 hardware wouldn't be able to cope with GTA IV.
Statistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #10
pacCinHECKLER&K

Yea, i agree it would probably look like SA if anything. The graphics would take a major back seat on the PS2 and would not come close to the 360 which i think would be no point...IV is for next gen thats why they are taking it to new heights, and i dont think R* is willing to start this game all over with another graphics /physics engine and pic apart or literally strip down a masterpiece they've created
Old 04-11-2007   #11
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Rage and Euphoria could not happen on a PS2..
Old 04-11-2007   #12
FG
CJ would be so proud

If I could play IV on PS2 with the same look as SA, I'd sell my PS3__ Edit : My PS2 suits me just fine. Yes I love the idea of new technology, an better look; with increase gaming experience.

Wonder full ! I can only thank good fate, an my lovely wife Liz. For she bought it, unkown to me.
The price of PS3 is out of reach for so many good gamers. I'd take the money an buy a good guy that I know , who do to no fault of his own; can't come up with the money to even buy a used PS2 to play on, Liz would agree.
I just want a new game, it don't have to be perfect, just now. I have been fortunate to have thease thing's to enjoy. Others I know or handicapped, do to no fault of there own. I don't want to part with it but, this game better Rock; for this man I'm talking about is looking forward to see, an yes; he will play GTAIV , no way will he be left out as long as I am alive.

Last edited by FG; 04-12-2007 at 01:14 AM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #13
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Why the hell would you do that?

Because you want downgraded graphics haha??
Old 04-11-2007   #14
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGod
If I could play IV on PS2 with the same look as SA, I'd sell my PS3

Sorry, that made as much as much sense as Keith Richards partying with his dad.
Old 04-11-2007   #15
pacCinHECKLER&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGod
If I could play IV on PS2 with the same look as SA, I'd sell my PS3
Thats ridiculous! i would never. I dont know about yall but im one for improvementz and not looking bac at all when its said and done