Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2007   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Take-Two's Word On GTA IV

Yesterday Take-Two held a conference call to discuss company plans. Several questions on Grand Theft Auto IV came up, and here's a few tidbits we got out T2:

Quote:
1. The board talked about how GTA is their "James Bond" of games meaning that it will be around for a long time and won't be going away anytime soon.

2. When asked about the episodic content for GTA IV, the board relented and said that they want to leave those announcements up to Rockstar Games. However, the board of directors did say the following regarding the kind of episodic content that we can expect: "Let's just say it will be the best you've ever seen."

3. Regarding the release date of GTA IV, the board of directors said that they spoke to the guys at Rockstar Games and that they were told "that the release of Grand Theft Auto IV is on time and on target." We did get a reaffirming of the release date back on March 29 when the trailer came out, but this is even more of an affirmation.
1. So it appears GTA is pretty much invincible at this point, we can expect our kids (oh JT is gonna nail me for that) to be playing future successors.

2. The second time an interesting comment on the episodic content has been made. In the Game Informer exclusive, Dan Houser made a similarly interesting comment after being inquired on it:

Quote:
... This content is said to be sizeable, and when asked about whether or not we would see this impressive new take on Liberty City living on past one game Houser grins and says one thing: "episodic content."
Sure that isn't say much, but it's the way episodic content is being said that makes it interesting to ponder about. It must be something big.

3. This could be a first timer for Rockstar. For the past 3 years (and to my knowledge) Rockstar has not released a GTA title on the originally scheduled release date (with the exception of their ports). They've all been pushed back at least one week.

Thanks to PlanetGTA for this news.

Last edited by Slim Trashman; 04-11-2007 at 01:27 PM..
Slim Trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #2
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
What exactly is "episodic content"?

Last edited by monkio; 04-11-2007 at 03:25 PM..
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #3
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkio
What exacly is "episodic content"?
It's content that is downloadablel through the 360's and possibly the PS3's online services. What exactly the 'content' is, I have no idea. Whether it'll be extra missions, clothes, vehicles, features, or even a combination of all of these, I don't know.
Old 04-11-2007   #4
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Thanks, I had a hunch that's what it was but wasn't sure.

That would be sick if they opened it up into the state, and the addition of planes
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #5
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Thanks, I had a hunch that's what it was but wasn't sure.

That would be sick if they opened it up into the state, and the addition of planes
That WOULD be f*cking sick, adding another area to the map. Like back in the days of VC/III where you weren't supposed to be able to get to the second/third island, except now, you better not be able to, since they don't exist yet
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #6
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Rockstar wont be screwing over the PS3 user's by that much anytime soon, who wont be getting the Episodic Content.
Old 04-11-2007   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well when Rockstar said that it will be exclusive to the 360 (and confirmed again in this GI article), it made me think about Rockstar's definition of exclusive. The first three games in the GTA III saga were exclusive to the PlayStation 2. X months later, they were ported to the PC, and eventually, if not at the same time, were ported to Xbox. The two of the stories series were exclusive to the PSP, but what happened X months post release? There they are for PlayStation 2. The fact is, Rockstar has never ripped off any of their fans based on the content and quality of the game they purchase from them. What they have done is use the word exclusive in a much different fashion and definition behind it. When Rockstar says "exclusive" replace that with "temporarily exclusive". They make something exclusive at first, but eventually spread the love. Perhaps the most recent example of this is with the Game Informer "World Exclusive" on GTA IV AND OPM's "World Exclusive" on GTA IV. GI here is the winner of the "exclusivity", since they were the first.

Anyone planning on buying this for PS3 who may have had a change of thought on which next generation console to go with, don't be discouraged. The PlayStation 3 will get the same content, or content equal to that of the 360 version eventually.
Old 04-11-2007   #8
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
ehm, it was announced months ago that PS3 will also get it's own episodic content...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

That was only a rumor

Wouldn't make sense anyway since Rockstar confirmed it's only for 360 in the GI article, which is more recent than that rumor.
Old 04-11-2007   #10
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
it was announced that the episodic content would be exclusive to the 360 BEFORE the ps3 came out, Sony hadn't shared the online capabilities of the ps3 yet, so Rockstar couldn't really give away that feature before Sony. I bet my left bollock the PS3 will have episodic content.... thats my left bollock i'm gambling peoples, the one I call Admiral gunner. I know episodic content on ps3 is guna happen!

peace!
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #11
Unleaded808

damm, ive been going to this website since vice city days and just now i made an account. might as well, been reading all this damm forums.

anyways they did bring up that 360 is to be identical to the PS3 version (except) for episodic content. i know for a fact a glimpse of what episodic content will be, just play Saints Row for 360. So i know that but I want to buy GTAIV for PS3, and if there is no episodic its kind of dissapointing, it makes me have to buy the 360 version which i dont really mind. id rather have it for PS3 though.

i hope they do it though, that's why I haven't reserved the game yet. dont know which system to pre-order it for yet.
Old 04-12-2007   #12
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Well Slim, you've turned me into a believer! Also, n0s j0n... haha.
Old 04-12-2007   #13
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
damn im starting to believe as well
i know it might be pushing it but i think it would be awsome if the downloadable content was like vc or something
Old 04-12-2007   #14
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupi
Well Slim, you've turned me into a believer! Also, n0s j0n... haha.
Hehe, glad I could raise your spirits
Old 04-12-2007   #15
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
Here is some information on the content.
http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/gta4/