Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2007   #1
Bladexen

Bladexen is on a distinguished roadBladexen is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Any one else disapointed?

I would like it if the charachter could ride unicycles or rollerblade, its just fun, I mean, while its not the charachters style I always thought of gta as "My charachter" that dissapoints me in other games, that the charachter is not your option. It not gonna make me not buy it (what makes me not buy it is I have no next gen consol) but it still makes me sad. Planes where fun, they've always been fun, I mean I still don't understand why they do it? Having planes is not gonna make some one not like the game, your charachter riding unicycle or skateboarding, will not dissipoint people. I mean, they should keep thoose things, they are funny and make things funner, like if they had a wheel chair, its not like we are thinking its part of his charachter we just think it as a fun, cool, we don't take it as a seriues thing like he is some weirdo who rides in wheel chairs from amusements, we know we are the weirdo's.
Bladexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I see what you're saying. It really decreases the amount of freedom we have in the game (and ironically it's "Liberty" city). Less freedom definitely appears to be a great loss in my eyes (as did the "no planes" which still hasn't officially be confirmed). I believe the successor to GTA IV will really show improvements with features and such.
Old 04-10-2007   #3
Scotty

Scotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished roadScotty is on a distinguished road
Sup first post in like 2 years.

Im pretty dissapointed too. No jetpacks, rollerblades and unicycles I can live with, but what I love about the other GTAs is that you could do almost anything and they kept adding more stuff that you could do in the game, drive, ride bikes, fly, swim etc. and it sounds like they are taking some of the stuff they added away.

Planes would be a very big loss if they took them away imo, but they might not add planes because of NY and the 9/11 attacks and then kids would be flying planes into buildings in front of their parents and they're parents would get all pissed off at R* and start shit for raising terrorists. o noes, games control ur mind.

And country side and deserts I actually liked in SA, I hated getting up to 100mph in a city street then slamming into the Burger Shot down the road, and the big spaces and long country roads made car chases pretty fun in SA. Also, then where's bigfoot gonna hide?
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #4
Nirvana 4 Life
Bmx 4 life

Nirvana 4 Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty
Sup first post in like 2 years.

Im pretty dissapointed too. No jetpacks, rollerblades and unicycles I can live with, but what I love about the other GTAs is that you could do almost anything and they kept adding more stuff that you could do in the game, drive, ride bikes, fly, swim etc. and it sounds like they are taking some of the stuff they added away.

Planes would be a very big loss if they took them away imo, but they might not add planes because of NY and the 9/11 attacks and then kids would be flying planes into buildings in front of their parents and they're parents would get all pissed off at R* and start shit for raising terrorists. o noes, games control ur mind.

And country side and deserts I actually liked in SA, I hated getting up to 100mph in a city street then slamming into the Burger Shot down the road, and the big spaces and long country roads made car chases pretty fun in SA. Also, then where's bigfoot gonna hide?
Its an URBAN jungle now. Check in the forward 'o beyond near the 2 subways I guess
Nirvana 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #5
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I find unicycle's and roller blades to absolutely NOT GTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
I see what you're saying. It really decreases the amount of freedom we have in the game (and ironically it's "Liberty" city). Less freedom definitely appears to be a great loss in my eyes (as did the "no planes" which still hasn't officially be confirmed). I believe the successor to GTA IV will really show improvements with features and such.
Or...they could offer a different type of freedom that isn't solely relied on vehicles?
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #6
Nattog

Nattog is an unknown quantity at this point
i have not posted since San Andreas came out, but this is really getting to me. i can deal without unicycles or skates, but no planes... what gives R*? that doesn't make any sense to me at all. the Hydra quickly became my favorite mode of transportation in SA, and even more so in MultiTheftAuto. Dogfighting over a massive Liberty City and parachuting out and landing in the middle of time square would be f***ing rad!! I think that they are going too far with the realism in this game and i really hope they have something special to replace the huge hole they left in my heart today :-(...
Nattog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #7
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
It's funny 'cause a while after the trailer came out and we saw Niko for the first time I though 'I can't see this dude riding a bicycle etc' because it's just not him. I definatley don't want that feeling of freedom and liberty that makes GTA what it is to dissapear because of this though.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #8
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
I am not really disapointed, But i wonder if this is due to the limits of DVD?
Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #9
pacCinHECKLER&K

if so i dont think R* should false advertise in the game with billboards that say flyUS for 300 imo. it doesnt make sense to tease SA fanatics who are hoping for planes in IV
Old 04-11-2007   #10
cox
Certified Tester

cox is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't believe there won't be any planes. Even the old Liberty City had a plane.

Last edited by cox; 04-11-2007 at 01:54 AM..
cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #11
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
I want planes, I want countryside, I want a jetpack and stuff, but I still want GTA IV. But it was some kind of shock, like they're doing a setback of gameplay in favour of graphics.
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #12
pacCinHECKLER&K

i believe that R* took planes out because they dont want to see what the media and a politicians would turn it into! i believe they simply dont wanna take it there pushing the envelope way 2 far, but ther are wayz around this like puting an airport way cross town in say broker and making what ever manhattan is called a non flyable area. but this would only work if there was another state, as R* has stated Liberty City i a tad bit smaller that SA.
Old 04-11-2007   #13
Dex

Dex is an unknown quantity at this point
Since this a new game that they started from scratch they really didn't take anything out, it was never there to begin with. It's called GTA:IV but in reality it's actually the first in the series. If they put everything in this game what are they gonna do for the sequels? I don't get where people came up with this 9/11 bullshit either. Crashing planes into buildings isn't the only way terrorists kill people. Even if Rockstar did put planes in the game you wouldn't have the ability to destroy buildings with them.
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #14
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex
I don't get where people came up with this 9/11 bullshit either. Crashing planes into buildings isn't the only way terrorists kill people. Even if Rockstar did put planes in the game you wouldn't have the ability to destroy buildings with them.
Yes but 9/11 is one of the most "famous" terrorist attacks to happen in the city of New York, currently to non GTA players, people look at GTA as if it's filth and some sort of Murder Simulator, if these people find out the games takes place in new York (Liberty City won't mean anything to these they just see New York) and that you can Hijack planes, then all sorts of crap will come back to Rockstar. You've got to look at this from a non-gamers point of view, sure it makes sense to us, we know it isn't really New York, we know you can't destroy these building unless it's done in a mission but to people who don't have a clue about it (soccer moms, JT, etc) then it would just be a bad thing.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #15
Vortigern

Vortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura aboutVortigern has a spectacular aura about
@ ash: I think you're right about the planes, these things get known to the general (ignorant) public very fast. But in GTA III and VC, you could use car bombs to explode shit. Okay, that was before Iraq, but there were a lot of these bombings in Spain before. No one cared back then. My point being: just put in the planes, but dont tell anyone!
Vortigern is offline   Reply With Quote