Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will the alleged lack of planes affect your decision on buying IV?
Yes 10 14.08%
No 51 71.83%
I dunno. 6 8.45%
What?! No planes? When did this happen? 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007   #31
Libertine
Newbie Member

Libertine is an unknown quantity at this point
it's going to be a much bigger map than GTAIII an LCS,there will be 4/5 'zones' of new york,manhattan,queens,new jersey and the bronx all made as part of the GTA state of Liberty City,now i'm not familiar with the state/city of New York but i'm guessing that's gotta be pretty big right? so a near san andreas size map will certainly need airports and planes.
Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #32
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is what I found out from the article....
- The map is roughly the same size of San Andreas, if not just a bit smaller
- Liberty City is split up into Five Zones, these are Broker, Algonquin, Dukes, Bohan and Alderney
- The Statue of Liberty is called The Statue of Happiness

edit: Easiest way to think of it, just look at San Andreas map and cut each area out as a part of a City, Los Santos is Bohan, San Fiero is Broker, Flint County is Alderney, Red County is Dukes and Bone County and Las Venturas is Algonquin. All that is just one big city.

Last edited by Ash_735; 04-10-2007 at 06:02 PM..
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #33
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
GTAIV PC Version + PlanesMod = Problem Solved

Though the news that there's no planes in the next GTA surprised me, its pretty obvious why when your only roaming one city. (Will still be buying it).
Gupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #34
BigMike

BigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished roadBigMike is on a distinguished road
Thats going to get boring...Planes were so fun..Ughhhhhhhh

How much fun did you have just cruising across the entire state in a jet plane..it was just fun..I'm gonna miss planes
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #35
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
on the one hand i get that its one city so no need for planes, but on the other hand if it's one HUGE city then a plane seems practical, @Ash did R* say "No planes are not in the game" or is just what the GI guys said

Last edited by Havok; 04-10-2007 at 07:51 PM..
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #36
Statistic
the one...
Newbie Member

Statistic is an unknown quantity at this point
Doesn't really bother me.
Statistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #37
MisterBlanco
Banned
Banned

MisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these partsMisterBlanco is infamous around these parts
Well im gonna for sure miss flying planes. I rarely paid at the airports to fly to another city. I allways did it myself. More fun that way. Did some tricks, you know. Loops, fly upside down, fly above Area 69 to see if i can dodge the missiles thrown at me

Im still gonna buy this game with or without planes. And I'm still gonna enjoy playing it.

Maybe Rockstar reduced plane use due to 9/11? Its modern time.. Its New York.. Surely if you were able to crash big planes into buildings there would be alot of controversy.

This article is disappointing to me I thought Rockstar would once again take the gaming world to a whole new level by be able to fly to other countries.. But hearing that its smaller then San Andreas puts a frown on my face.
MisterBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #38
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
It may, depending on how easy it is to get to places. I mainly used planes to get somewhere fast (as in, spawning a hydra). Too hard to really have fun with, since the car spawn distance was too short in the case of the hydra.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #39
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
nah , not now seen to much, no load enter/exit thats on my list. There is plenty to compensate for planes. An no one said nuttin about Heliocopters; which ain't fast/or big enough to hurt a City bldg. Cool
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #40
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Well, the way I see it is that a lot of other sandbox games were boring to me because the fact that I always felt I was stuck on the ground and could not completely explore the areas around me. Like I was stuck on a single axis almost like playing a 2d game. When planes were introduce it created twice the area to explore. Such as: on top of buildings, land surrounded by buildings, helps see areas from different point of views (which can be funny especially with R* humor). I think they are taking away alot of freedom with the lack of planes.
X-reS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #41
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
No. Simple as that. From what I've seen GTAIV looks like a huge step up, while i was disappointed in the beginning. As more information starts to roll out i can see this is a beautiful game.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #42
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Alright update here.

Planes are definitely confirmed to not be in the game. After reading through the article via the pictures, the part about with planes was in quotes and said by Dan Houser.
Old 04-10-2007   #43
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Technicaly Helo's arn't planes, so what do you think ?

Edit : there not big enough or fast enough to do much damage in an supposedly terroist type fear. I know I built them years ago. especeily the " Sparrow ". or Maverick.

Last edited by FG; 04-10-2007 at 10:25 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #44
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
You mean helicopters? I didn't say they're confirmed to not be in the game, I'm sure they will be anyway.
Old 04-10-2007   #45
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
I'm not bothered by it. Really, I think we'll be kept busy by this game without the inclusion of planes.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote