Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will the alleged lack of planes affect your decision on buying IV?
Yes 10 14.08%
No 51 71.83%
I dunno. 6 8.45%
What?! No planes? When did this happen? 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007   #16
almostrodney

almostrodney is an unknown quantity at this point
lol im right pised off tbh i mean rockstar uv really disapointed me on this :/
Old 04-10-2007   #17
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Keep in mind, this hasn't been officially confirmed.
That's why I said "alleged".
Old 04-10-2007   #18
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't mind, I've always prefered Helicopters to planes so as long as they are still in then I'll be happy, makes sense too, what's the point in having big jumbo jets if it's only one city? I hope they don't bring the JetPack back, that sucked, it was good for the two missions it was used but after that, was just boring.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #19
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp
If it's true, I'll definitely lament the loss of planes, but it won't affect whether I buy GTA IV or not. How about you guys?

I always loved planes, throughout the entire series from when they were first available in III.

There were no planes in III unless you count the Clipped Dodo which will definitely be in IV IMO.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #20
almostrodney

yea i suppose :/ well i think the fact its one city has put me off as well
Old 04-10-2007   #21
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostrodney
Once again, not confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #22
almostrodney

lol yea but the chances are...?
ow well live in hope

thanks lucky btw for making me look on the bright side
Old 04-10-2007   #23
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Oh you San Andreas shaggers annoy me, Have you ever been to New York, the place is huge, If GTA manages to do this correctly then the map will consist of 5 Areas, or Zones, in Liberty City. Each area is pretty decent in size and enough for you to get lost in. Be great if they also connect it to New York State (or Upstate Liberty as it's known in LCS) so they could throw in more suburban area and start of a countryside enviroment.
Old 04-10-2007   #24
almostrodney

its not that ash i mean i kinda expected it with the screen shots saying "flights to vice city 300" or something like that.
(lol though i allways have been interested in whats behind them tunnals in LC)
Old 04-10-2007   #25
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I have been to NYC several times, if GTA IV is anything at all like it, the map will be bigger than San Andreas.
Old 04-10-2007   #26
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendercrisp
That's why I said "alleged".
Yeah didn't notice that at first
Old 04-10-2007   #27
Ash_735

Quote:
its not that ash i mean i kinda expected it with the screen shots saying "flights to vice city 300" or something like that.
(lol though i allways have been interested in whats behind them tunnals in LC)
It's a different Liberty City, Completely remade from the ground up to look more like New York, so if you expect Liberty City from GTAIII/LCS then you'll be surprised.
Old 04-10-2007   #28
almostrodney

oh no i didnt mean it that way i ment it as in i liked vc, it was a nice place and i just think its a shame it aint gonna be in *hopes it will be revield later*
Old 04-10-2007   #29
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
no, if you buy GTA souly for the planes you are stupid
truekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #30
nOs jOn
Amateur Member

nOs jOn is an unknown quantity at this point
I am not mad about there being "no planes", but if the reason for it was due to 9/11, I would have to say its the wrong reason to choose not to have them..

But like most people have said here, if theres no planes there will be something in replace that will be just as good or even better!

hand gliding, anyone? haha!
nOs jOn is offline   Reply With Quote