Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will the alleged lack of planes affect your decision on buying IV?
Yes 10 14.08%
No 51 71.83%
I dunno. 6 8.45%
What?! No planes? When did this happen? 4 5.63%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007   #1
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Will the alleged lack of planes affect your decision on buying IV?

If it's true, I'll definitely lament the loss of planes, but it won't affect whether I buy GTA IV or not. How about you guys?

I always loved planes, throughout the entire series from when they were first available in III.

Last edited by Tendercrisp; 04-10-2007 at 02:23 PM..
Tendercrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #2
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
Planes never took up that much time for me. While they were fun, they aren't practical in Liberty City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #3
Huey_Pilot

Huey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished roadHuey_Pilot is on a distinguished road
I didn't really like the pay to fly on an airliner thing, but I like to steal the planes from the airports and fly them around.
Huey_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #4
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Unhappy

I'm definatly second guessing my decision. Possibly becuase I was so pumped for this game and my favourite part is being omitted.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Keep in mind, this hasn't been officially confirmed.

No, it won't affect my decision on buying it. I buy every GTA regardless of anything. Besides, I've already pre-ordered and paid it all off.
Old 04-10-2007   #6
Him

Him will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enoughHim will become famous soon enough
nope, I think it makes sense, where you gonna fly to? Unless of course the game takes place in an entire gigantic state, then ill be pissed.
Old 04-10-2007   #7
ivar87
CLOVER ROCKER
Amateur Member

ivar87 is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno, maybe just take a jetfighter and get a tail on yo' ass and cruise around the urban jungle trying to avoid missiles on yo' back. Do all kinds of moves to get behind them and take them down. And oh - the view.
I love to put my plane on "autopilot" and just enjoy the view while slowly flying circles over a certain place.
If they're not in the game, I'll be disappointed but still I'll buy the game.
Old 04-10-2007   #8
Free Mike
Registered Abuser

Free Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the roughFree Mike is a jewel in the rough
I never liked the planes, so no.
Old 04-10-2007   #9
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
You guys are completely forgetting this is coming from the same developer that put a fucking Jet pack into San Andreas. If planes aren't in there, some else that's just as awesome will be. Keep your pants on.

Personally, I've always found the planes and helicopters as a novelty and won't shed tears if they aren't in the game. They blew up after getting hit once and often had horrible controls. The jetpack was so much better.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #10
Sonikdude750
you cant handle the truth

Sonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished roadSonikdude750 is on a distinguished road
Most likely they'll still have helicopters. Having planes in a single city is pretty pointless anyways, there's practically nowhere to fly in Liberty City. You'd be up in the air, and it'd take 4 seconds to cross the map, not a fun flight.

And no, it seems Kind of silly to not get it just for a small detail like no planes.
Sonikdude750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #11
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonikdude750
Most likely they'll still have helicopters. Having planes in a single city is pretty pointless anyways, there's practically nowhere to fly in Liberty City. You'd be up in the air, and it'd take 4 seconds to cross the map, not a fun flight.

And no, it seems Kind of silly to not get it just for a small detail like no planes.
What if the city is about the size of San Andreas?

Even still, I always preferred driving around San Andreas or just taking a plane via the airport to decrease distance.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #12
Lucky
That Guy

Lucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of lightLucky is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonikdude750
Well, in a city setting as I pointed out earlier, planes don't make sense. But I guess I didn't mention helicopters did I...

Anyways as fun as they are, if it's just Liberty City they're not nessacary. If it's multiple cities, almost a must have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
There's loads of other fish in the sea. Stay out of the whales. Fucking fatties.
Old 04-10-2007   #13
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Now you are suggesting that its going to be a small map...
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #14
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Nope. Never spent much time in planes anyway. I really don't see what all the bickering is about.
Old 04-10-2007   #15
Lucky
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkio
Now you are suggesting that its going to be a small map...
Well, no, I'm not. New York is a reasonably big city, but because of sky scrapers and other tall buildings it would not be a suitable candidate for a plane. Helicopter yes, but a plane no.

However time will show us more, and for all we know it's just another rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don