Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2007   #121
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Screens look BEAUTIFUL. I'll try and find this in town.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #122
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
I hope, though, that helicopters and motorcycles are in. It wouldn't be the same without a streetbike
"We're not suddenly saying there's no motorcycles. We are keeping all of that stuff."

You can sleep soundly
Old 04-10-2007   #123
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
So it's official. Well, if it were any other city, I'd be disappointed. But this is NYC (well, close enough to it) and I think it's acceptable. I hope, though, that helicopters and motorcycles are in. It wouldn't be the same without a streetbike
Cool , sleep well phreak

bikes/Helo's
Old 04-10-2007   #124
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well helicopters haven't yet been confirmed, but again, I'm sure they'll return.
Old 04-11-2007   #125
Japisee
Veteran Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a text version: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?a...0#entry4168156
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #126
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Damn those file sizes are large. Worth it though. Downloading right now

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #127
pacCinHECKLER&K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Updated the first post with download links for the article scans.

Check out this one scan by the way:

That single screenshot really shows off how amazing the AI is.

The text reads (for those who cannot read it or are too lazy to attempt):

This shot shows off the busy streets of Algonquin and also the behaviors of the people within it. Some people are doing some casual shopping, others are buying everything in sight and have multiple bags. One man is carrying a box, another is drinking a beverage. Some people look like they are conversing. Another appears to be late for a meeting and is high tailing it on foot.

No one seems to notice that bright yellow 360 modena in the top left corner of this pic. i really think this iz an in game car! im really anxious to see the design of the bac, from the front it lookz pretty identical to the real life car
Old 04-11-2007   #128
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
I think no planes sounds interesting. The problem with SA was that it wasn't really believable. Jetpack anyone? It felt weird when CJ, a kid from the ghetto, suddenly flew around in airliners, sailed boats with great ease and all that kind of stuff. It will be a bad choice to have no motorcycles (Or any two wheelers). The article haven't written that off though, so let's hope for the best.
One thing that sucks: You have a premade guy. Of course it's easier to tell a great story that way, but I was SO hoping for make-your-own-character.

Anyway it looks good.
RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #129
swade

swade can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
You see, people got their hopes up WAY too high for this game, they saw a billboard that mentions Vice City, now people are unhappy that you can't go to Vice City. A lot of people on here bang on about real stuff like getting colds and crap like that, WELL ROCKSTAR ARE DOING SOMETHING REAL, people can't exactly walk into an airport and just grab a plane and fly off, plus where would he fly to, it's just one big city. That's another thing, people whinging about it being just one city, Look, in the past GTA games the Cities have never really felt that big (heck most people say Las Venturas feels unfinished because it's that small) Now they are focusing on one big city with a ton of detail to make it seem more alive than ever before. I wish a lot of people here would stop whinging over petty things and wishing for stupid realistic stuff.
oh wow I get to see someone holding a shopping bag..... that adds to my experience.... Yay I get to play a game smaller than it's previous game, because I like shorter smaller games that take out things..... The thing is grand theft auto was never about graphics and this game even doesnt look that great it's really overrated I truly doubt it'll be better than san andreas... I dont care how unrealistic planes are it was fun..... What about gang wars.... I truly doubt this game will be that good I was hoping online would allow you to make a new character and have some fun....
swade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #130
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade
oh wow I get to see someone holding a shopping bag..... that adds to my experience.... Yay I get to play a game smaller than it's previous game, because I like shorter smaller games that take out things..... The thing is grand theft auto was never about graphics and this game even doesnt look that great it's really overrated I truly doubt it'll be better than san andreas... I dont care how unrealistic planes are it was fun..... What about gang wars.... I truly doubt this game will be that good I was hoping online would allow you to make a new character and have some fun....
Fine. You can continue playing San Andreas while the rest of us are playing IV. Noone is forcing you to buy the game.
Old 04-11-2007   #131
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingStones
I think no planes sounds interesting. The problem with SA was that it wasn't really believable. Jetpack anyone? It felt weird when CJ, a kid from the ghetto, suddenly flew around in airliners, sailed boats with great ease and all that kind of stuff. It will be a bad choice to have no motorcycles (Or any two wheelers). The article haven't written that off though, so let's hope for the best.
One thing that sucks: You have a premade guy. Of course it's easier to tell a great story that way, but I was SO hoping for make-your-own-character.

Anyway it looks good.
It clearly says in the article that motorbikes are still in.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #132
swade

swade can only hope to improve
Quote:
Fine. You can continue playing San Andreas while the rest of us are playing IV. Noone is forcing you to buy the game.
I'm gunna buy it but you have to admit no matter what there have not been any improvments shown or talked about other than graphics or ppl holding bags(like I car about holding bags) so far we have been told everything that they have taken away you cant tell me this is good news and that I should be excited about.
swade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #133
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Guys remember when SA came out and R* basically hid half of what you can do in that game from the press? Imagine this with GTAIV. Keep your pants on.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #134
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
The thing that pisses me off is that it won't be online, once again.
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #135
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

The article never said that. They said it's not an MMO which doesn't mean the multiplayer (confirmed) will not be online, which I'm sure it will be.