Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2007   #196
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Make what you want of this article guys.

CM linked me to it, and more confirms episodic content for the PS3, rather rumors it. Also describes what this content could be, which is new "islands" or gameplay areas around Liberty City.

Also, be sure not to overlook the second paragraph, first sentence, when the word "supplemental" is used. Keep in mind its definition. That really seems to hint towards the possibility of seeing planes, etc, whatever we're not seeing in the game that we have seen in the other games, available with this content.
Old 04-13-2007   #197
Pivac

Pivac is an unknown quantity at this point
Game is gonna be awesome, that's for sure, but I'm probably never gonna have a chance to play it, at least not in next 3 years.

I didn't know that there are so many Croatians on the forums here... Niko je legenda.
Old 04-13-2007   #198
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Why won't you be able to play it?
Old 04-13-2007   #199
Pivac

Pivac is an unknown quantity at this point
Mainly because I don't have money to buy a PS3, 360 or a new PC. Of course, I'll get one of those sooner or later, but at that time new GTA will be out.
Old 04-13-2007   #200
[MM]
Konjina
Newbie Member

[MM] is an unknown quantity at this point
I think il be able to run IV on my old rig but i hope to buy new one until GTA IV comes out and run in in all high (with AA even!!)
[MM] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #201
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
R*'s thinking is strategic , they picked NYC to model LC on; then picked a Russian guy to please the fan's over there. And The NYC theme to draw in the fan's in US. ( + US fan's love Russian bad asses ) an the whole world love's anything , modeled on the Big Apple. The best of both world's .

Masterfull R* strike's a home run.
Old 04-13-2007   #202
Rebel_biscuit

Rebel_biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGod
R*'s thinking is strategic , they picked NYC to model LC on; then picked a Russian guy to please the fan's over there. And The NYC theme to draw in the fan's in US. ( + US fan's love Russian bad asses ) an the whole world love's anything , modeled on the Big Apple. The best of both world's .

Masterfull R* strike's a home run.
whatabout non us fans?
Rebel_biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #203
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_biscuit
whatabout non us fans?
Sorry to them?

Personal opinion here, Grand Theft Auto is better off based on places in the states rather anywhere else in the world.
Old 04-13-2007   #204
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
" the fan's over there " = ( Europe , an the rest of the World.)

@ Rebel_Biscuit

Last edited by FG; 04-13-2007 at 05:20 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #205
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Make what you want of this article guys.

CM linked me to it, and more confirms episodic content for the PS3, rather rumors it. Also describes what this content could be, which is new "islands" or gameplay areas around Liberty City.
Slim, that article is from October 2006. Although it does give some hope, it's really just a magazine site saying that an inside source told them, it's not that solid in itself but it gives the rumor more weight.

Also, the islands was just an analogy:

Quote:
"Think of the world as a large island - the new downloadable areas will be like smaller islands linking into it," the source explained. (Which is a structural analogy, rather than a suggestion that the game is set on an island, we hasten to add.)
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007   #206
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Meh, whatever. Just wanted to link anyone curious about whether the episodic content would make it to the PS3 so they can make what they want of it. It'll happen though.
Old 04-14-2007   #207
Rebel_biscuit

Rebel_biscuit is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Game Informer playtested the Xbox 360 version. It is to be identical to the PS3 version except for episodic content.
does that mean each console will have different episodic content?
Rebel_biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007   #208
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Meh, whatever. Just wanted to link anyone curious about whether the episodic content would make it to the PS3 so they can make what they want of it. It'll happen though.
Sorry Slim, I didn't mean to shoot you down. I was just trying to show both sides of the coin.

I also think the PS3 will either get it's own content, or the same content as 360 but later on, however that's just me as we know it's not 100% super-ultra confirmed yet...
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007   #209
PT-HBP
Newbie Member

PT-HBP is an unknown quantity at this point
Gangs in GTA IV

Allo...I woz just wonderin...We r in Liberty City right and obviously changes happened and I was thinking about the gangs in GTA III and LCS i.e. Leones,Yakuza and wot happened to them?

and Also :This new character (which I forgot the name of) will belong to which gang bcuz he doesnt fit in any the categories of the gangs i.e sicilians , asians which makes me believe there will be (a) new gang(s)..

Plz anybody with info would b welcome to set this straight...
PT-HBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007   #210
FG
CJ would be so proud

His name is Niko Bellic, an yes it's been talked about alot. He may be of a Russian gang; but keep checking the post's here to see for sure. Some one may have posted it in the past days. cheers, welcome to the forum.