Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2007   #166
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Did I say that GTA has the best storyline or characters ever? No, no, and no. Grand Theft Auto when it comes to story cannot compete with games like Halo, Half-Life, Splinter Cell, Okami, and the likes. As the characters cannot stand up to characters like Master Chief, Gordon Freeman, Sam Fisher, Okami Amaterasu (and all the others from that game), and the likes. What I was saying is that you're one of the people that play Grand Theft Auto only for the insane violence and look for no deeper meaning. Games aren't the reason the arts and appreciation of the arts are dying, it's people like you that look no deeper than the surface. I feel that IV is going to be a masterpiece in it's own right, and if all you think when eventually play it is "CHEET COEDZ TO GET ALL WEPUNS SO COOL!!!11" then I have to say I'm very sorry for your loss.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #167
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade
someone called me an idiot for not likeing it so I did the same back I never said you couldnt like it and I never said I dont like GTA's story I like the story but even if I like the story doesnt mean I think its good.
Well I'm sorry for calling you an idiot, it's just that the majority of people who prefer San Andreas just cause of the whole ghetto storyline annoy the crap outta me. Yes, Claude doesn't have any character development as at the time he was meant to represent you, so the character development was the people you worked for. Tommy is in a whole different league to CJ, he was brutal and was pissed off that he got betrayed on so many levels that he doesn't give a thought for anyone. CJ, my least fave, came back after his mother gets killed, he has no motive at the start other than to get back onto the street with his brother and be all ghetto again, it's only after Sweet gets arrested and he gets betrayed when the real targets start. Toni is a loyal dog he came back to Liberty City after going into hiding, he wants to re-earn his respect and become the dons right hand man again and get him out of the mess with the other families. Vic was the good guy, family man, worked so he could pay for his families health, until he gets kicked out of the army and is forced into all kinds, Vic in my opinion is the most developed character as we see him fall in love with louise and his heartbreak when she dies also how he comes to the decision to leave Vice City after all of the evnts because he doesn't want to have anything to do with it anymore.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #168
swade

swade can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
Well I'm sorry for calling you an idiot, it's just that the majority of people who prefer San Andreas just cause of the whole ghetto storyline annoy the crap outta me. Yes, Claude doesn't have any character development as at the time he was meant to represent you, so the character development was the people you worked for. Tommy is in a whole different league to CJ, he was brutal and was pissed off that he got betrayed on so many levels that he doesn't give a thought for anyone. CJ, my least fave, came back after his mother gets killed, he has no motive at the start other than to get back onto the street with his brother and be all ghetto again, it's only after Sweet gets arrested and he gets betrayed when the real targets start. Toni is a loyal dog he came back to Liberty City after going into hiding, he wants to re-earn his respect and become the dons right hand man again and get him out of the mess with the other families. Vic was the good guy, family man, worked so he could pay for his families health, until he gets kicked out of the army and is forced into all kinds, Vic in my opinion is the most developed character as we see him fall in love with louise and his heartbreak when she dies also how he comes to the decision to leave Vice City after all of the evnts because he doesn't want to have anything to do with it anymore.
I didnt like the ghetto story either I'm fine with the ghetto because I've been brought up there but the way they made it it sounded stupid. I actually thought after seeing the trailer to GTAIV this character is going to be dark more of a bad ass character and they are going to make him as bad as he can be kind of like scarface. I just want this game to be better than San Andreas.... yet I cant see it happening because of everything it's taking out.
swade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #169
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Lets all just embrace that Houser said there would be no load times!!! not even between interior and exterior
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #170
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade
I didnt like the ghetto story either I'm fine with the ghetto because I've been brought up there but the way they made it it sounded stupid. I actually thought after seeing the trailer to GTAIV this character is going to be dark more of a bad ass character and they are going to make him as bad as he can be kind of like scarface. I just want this game to be better than San Andreas.... yet I cant see it happening because of everything it's taking out.
Planes would be useless, too many buildings to crash into and piss off Jack Thompson. I can see helicopters being in the game though, bikes are a probability, and Niko is going to be much more agile than CJ ever was. They aren't taking much out at all, and the features they're adding are going to more than make up for it. It's not difficult to be better than San Andreas, III is still better than SA in my opinion. IV will blow us all away, Rockstar wont let it be any other way.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #171
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
And tbh, in terms of storyline, GTA is definitely no Metal Gear Solid IMO.
I actually agree with that.

But that doesn't neccisarily mean GTA's storyline is shitty (not accusing you of saying that). It's actually very good, although you have to deal with suspension of disbelief every now and then. But you also have to with MGS.
Old 04-11-2007   #172
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
I don't even think MGS' storyline is that good.

They're fun stories, but they're B movie quality.

GTA to me, is art in the gaming medium. It doesn't hold your hand and it's themes feel more close to home with the players than most games. So much that it can make playing GTA kinda uncomfortable because their satire is often so true.

Last edited by Himuro; 04-11-2007 at 05:00 PM..
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #173
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
Does someone have high quality scans without any watermarks? Would be appriciated!
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #174
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
All the main ones in my screenshot thread are around 1280 x 720 if their any good, link under sig.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #175
Antonio Montana

Antonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura aboutAntonio Montana has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Clansman:.
All the main ones in my screenshot thread are around 1280 x 720 if their any good, link under sig.
I don't see any GI scans in that topic!
Antonio Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #176
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Ben, I'm actually (slowly) working on touching up and cropping the screenshots from the article as best as I can.
Old 04-11-2007   #177
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I look forward to them Slim.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #178
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Ben, I'm actually (slowly) working on touching up and cropping the screenshots from the article as best as I can.

Down here aswell Slimer, remain patient

Last edited by FG; 04-11-2007 at 11:01 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007   #179
Unleaded808

nice stuff mayn good looking!
Old 04-12-2007   #180
RollingStones

RollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enoughRollingStones will become famous soon enough
No planes is a step back for sure. They were in San Andreas. Try to think about it and one thing springs to mind though: Planes is a step back as well as a step forward....
Let me explain:
Seeing as San Andreas was a state it seemed unbelievably big. When you got your pilot license, that illusion bursted though. Take a Harrier and you could go over an entire state in 1 minute and 30 seconds. Then it didn't seem all that big suddenly. Now in GTAIV "things will be different" as we know. No planes, but that doesn't have to be bad. Why? Well, if there's no way of going across the entire city in 1.30 it will feel bigger. Also, in San Andreas you had the skyscrapers. That made the city seem big at first glance. As soon as we were able to fly in the planes that illusion burst too. This time, when we control Niko Bellic around town, it will feel more restricted in a good way (Read: Like in GTAIII, where you couldn't go everywhere. That was a good thing. San Andreas was "too open"). Believe me, when we get the game it will feel as if it's way bigger than San Andreas because our only option is to drive or sail.
RollingStones is offline   Reply With Quote