Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2007   #16
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Definitely would be worth it, but the OPM issue might basically be the same thing.
Old 04-10-2007   #17
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
The name sounds ok imo, thanks for the update Slim...
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #18
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
Well, it sounds better than Vladimir Cockovski
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #19
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
I got a small sound byte for you all..

its not much.. but its info..

take a listen here..

http://www.zshare.net/download/sound...gtaiv-wma.html

also some more info not in the audio file..

Multi player TBA!!

GI demoed on Xbox360

FREE CHOICE.

USE OF CELL PHONES TO CALL CONTACTS.

No planes?!
No planes, kinda knew it all along. After all, a city based on NYC and people crashing planes into buildings. Sure you could do it in VC and SA, but I guess it's a sin to do so in NY.
Old 04-10-2007   #20
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Just had weird R* thought there about his initials, would the nb... mean the same as eg..., to make an example of something in a sentence ?
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #21
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
http://www.zshare.net/download/sound...gtaiv-wma.html

Quality is pretty bad, I can't really understand a lot that she says.
Old 04-10-2007   #22
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
No planes better be some sort of joke.. otherwise.. fuck everyone and anyone who is stuck in the past and think planes in a NYC similar location is some sort of terrorist simulator for 9-11.
Old 04-10-2007   #23
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
you guys complaining about no planes being in game, cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it. This is Grand Theft AUTO, not Grand Theft Aero. Besides, when in Liberty City have there been planes? GTA III had a dodo which could be flown with much practice, but it doesn't really count because R* thought they made it impossible to fly by clipping the wings (why they didn't just remove it from the game is beyond me). I'm almost certain there will at least be helicopters, and there will probably be bikes but you won't see them all the time.

Really, are people so sick minded they would want to re-enact the events of September 11th on a city so heavily based on New York? Rockstar seem to think so, so it only makes sense to them to not make planes for this game. Or this new engine can't handle aircraft or motorbikes.
My post for GTAForums before it crashed.
Old 04-10-2007   #24
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak
My post for GTAForums before it crashed.
Word.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #25
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

phreak, no one wants to reenact 9-11, it just annoys us that planes are completely wiped from the game because of other people claiming GTA to be a terrorist 9-11 simulator if planes were to be included in a game in a NYC similar setting. Plus, planes in San Andreas REALLY made the game a lot more fun, expanding the variety of vehicles you can steal and drive around in. GTA has already mastered the whole automobile portion, I was hoping they could master sea and air so everything is done to the best of its ability. No planes is definitely a massive loss to Grand Theft Auto.
Old 04-10-2007   #26
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
phreak, no one wants to reenact 9-11, it just annoys us that planes are completely wiped from the game because of other people claiming GTA to be a terrorist 9-11 simulator if planes were to be included in a game in a NYC similar setting. Plus, planes in San Andreas REALLY made the game a lot more fun, expanding the variety of vehicles you can steal and drive around in. GTA has already mastered the whole automobile portion, I was hoping they could master sea and air so everything is done to the best of its ability. No planes is definitely a massive loss to Grand Theft Auto.
Well I'm not going to insult Rockstar or throw things around and scream just because planes aren't in. Besides, planes were so good in SA because you had vast countryside that separated the cities. New York CITY doesn't NEED planes. It's not like you're going to be able to fly to Boston or Philly from there. I'll take a helicopter if I want a bird's eye view of the city, thanks. Sorry Slim, but you have to think of the noobs who have no heart and think it will be "1337" to crash a plane into the ESB. "LOlol DIe!!!". Yeah, thank them for your loss.
Old 04-10-2007   #27
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

It's just to me planes really added to the fun of the game and the replay value. Every time I pick up San Andreas now I'll end up in a plane. It hasn't been confirmed that it will only be "the city" either. There may be residential areas, etc. Plus, skydiving, that was a cool little feature. I don't want that to just be limited to base jumping (if the feature is to return anyway). I just find it to be to great a loss, as it was one of my favorite things to do and felt it had a big future in the later GTA games to come. GTA IV won't be a let down.

Last edited by Slim Trashman; 04-10-2007 at 11:11 AM..
Slim Trashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #28
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
I loved planes in San Andreas, like Slim said it made the game more fun and added more replay value. Yeah, I am a little dissapointed at the fact that planes aren't going to be in IV, but I think Rockstar will find another way to do something else just as satisfying (sp?). Maybe helicopters will still be in IV like Vice City where they didn't have any planes but helicopters. So the possibility of helicopters in IV isn't ruled out yet so there is nothing to worry about yet.
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007   #29
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

I was thinking about this in another way earlier. Maybe some of the exclusive content to be available for download could be planes, but who knows. Just an idea. Or maybe Rockstar is simply pulling a fast one to make it more surprising for us. Who knows, just more positive ways to look at this.
Old 04-10-2007   #30
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
In the third scan, it looks like Niko is wearing a tracksuit of some sorts. So is this a possibility on Character Customization??

Last edited by swallowed; 04-10-2007 at 11:24 AM..
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote